1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ODM's Pretty Young Things

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by ONEDUNME, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Well done again ODM 10/1 winner this time :beer

Merry Banter pissed in
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Brilliant with Merry Banter ODM! I got on just in time. What a price too!!
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Ta

Best one tomorrow looks to be King of Naples in the 520 at Haydock 7/2

Secret Sense 455 York. 10/3 2nd fav up against a worthy fav which may well fly in but is carrying a penalty for winning a race last Sunday and the uknown aspects of the extra weight and it running two races in a week may work in my favour. It's also worth noting that I backed it at 11/8 when it won in April and it ended up at 1/2 so any money before the off would be encouraging.

Tomily runs in the 550 Chepstow but it's 4/9 so no bet. Likewise Deningy 150 Newmarket is an absolute shite price and I wouldn't normally bother with it in a head to head with Evergate but for the sake of this thread I'll include it.

Some interesting ones from 2015 - Ringside Humour in the 645 at the Curragh ew at 10/1. Mentioned it in this thread and it ran a good race to finish second but this race will be tougher.

Meshardal 445 Haydock ew 16/1

Waady 410 Haydock ew 8/1

I will also add one that wasn't in my tracker until tonight but most certainly is now, Broken Stones in the 420 at York hasn't run a race yet but opened up at 10/1 with Paddy Power at 530 this evening and is now as short as 5/2. I'd expect the price to maybe bounce out in the morning but I'm on at just over 4/1 on betfair (obviously no BOG).
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Good luck ODM and great pick earlier on:thumb
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Cheers mate. Just to clarify, I'll be counting all of the above in the PL with the exception of Tomily
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

With one withdrawn I've had five bets and returned £50 with Briken Stones winning impressively. Not sure I've ever seen an unraced horse open at 10/1 and go off 13/8 then probably trading at 30/1 in running befor winning the race easily. Bizzare.

anyway,including the rule 4 deduction exactly level on the day with the Irish runner to come so will probably end the day £10 down.

Had some good winners today but not in this thread. Feel like I've spent a day at fucking work though so my couple of hundred quid profit won't even cover minimum wage lol
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

£10 down on yesterday then. Just one selection today. Was 9/2 but I've just gone to place my bet and it's gone to 7/2 as they've just taken a runner out so £5 at 7/2 and £5 at evens for 2 places on Betfair.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

Any chance of you telling us what the horse is actually called and what race it's running in?

:p
    Punter likes this.
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm presuming it's Decadent Times in the 2.20 at Nottingham. Yes, definitely, this was the horse which finished 3rd at Lingfield last time - looked a bit disappointing that day in only 3rd but the two who beat him have both won since. Hopefully the 7lb claimer can ride him better than Kingscote did last time - his two main rivals are unraced so they really ought to take the bull by the horns and try and make all at a decent pace. Main worry would be that he hung left at Beverley and today the rail is to his right.

Good luck :crossfingers
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol Decadent Times 220 Nottingham.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Beverley is a stiff uphill finish - may possibly explain why it hung under pressure if it was just the one instance. Nottingham is straight and flat. I'll have another look at the previous races.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Wank and officially dropped from my tracker.

Tomorrow 635 Sligo (from memory- I may be wrong) Bayof freedom 5/1 £5 win bet and I'll put £5 on place (2 places) at over even money tomorrow morning.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Manatee Bay has sprung up from my previous trackers but no bet for me at 8/1 in a 15 runner race
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Bay of Freedom 3rd (paid only 2 places) so -£10 on the day. For info, Manatee Bay finished 2nd at 4/1

Dommerson
    515 Wolves currently 2/1. Don't know how much weighting you give to particular jockeys but Frankie rode it when it won last time out and Robert Havlin takes over for tomorrow's ride

One from last year, Winterval in the 750 Wetherby but far too big a field tomorrow for my liking so leaving that one alone
    Punter likes this.
  15. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

:beer

Dommerson pisses it at 7/2. Ladbrokes had it as their show jumper before the race and were offering 9/2.

Bravo Sir, Bravo
    Punter likes this.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nice. Two for tomorrow

415 Hamilton Rock N Red ew 12/1 (vcbet) . Goes without saying that this wouldn't be my most confident bet, it being the 8th in the betting of 9 runners but gotta stick with the tracker so I'm with it. May decide to back it on all weather tracks only after this one as the point of this thread is to find improvers and this one has actually been dropped a pound on its turf rating last time.

515 Hamilton Croft Ranger. As above, the market doesn't inspire much confidence at 14/1 but it's a very open race so who knows.

Given the prices I'm reducing my normal stake to a mythical £3 ew for both tomorrow and fingers crossed for more confidence for Thursday's runners.
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Just to add that the horse that the early money is for in the 515 race is Mr Grumpy which is currently best odds 10/1 and will probably be shorter tomorrow.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Mr Grumpy was a non runner and, as feared, my two selections did nothing. Similar level of confidence tomorrow which the staking reflects.

Kreb's Cycle 220 Chelmsford. Difficult to find an excuse for a poor run last time after two decent ones. You could suspect the change of jockey if the replacement wasn't Ryan Moore :lol. Good claimer taking 5lb off tomorrow and I would have priced Kreb up as a strong favorite had it not been for the appearance of a Mark Johnston newcomer which (according to the Sporting Life - I have no idea about these things) has a strong US dirt pedigree. Turns out my pricing would have been way out as another newcomer is also attracting support and Kreb is likely to start the race as 3rd in the betting. If ever there was a race to avoid, this one is it. I'll look at the relative prices tomorrow but, unless money comes for mine, I'm going to leave it alone. I'll know by midday whether that's the case and I may back without the fav but if I don't post about it, assume it's a no bet for me.

From the archive....
    Briardale 655 Newcastle. Not to be included in the PL for this thread but I'm going to risk a small ew bet at 12/1

Red Touch 805 Newcaslte. As above, small ew at 11/1 (12/1 available without BOG)

Rural Celebration 835 Newcastle. Same 16/1

The other two are in the same race and, as I have no live ones to waste my money on, I'm going to go for the same ew stakes as above on both. Chelmsford 250 Sandy Cove 8/1 and Tempuran 12/1. Although it's the bigger price, Tempuran is the one I'd be most interested in out of all of the above. Consistent sort and I can't see anything to suggest it can't run a good race tomorrow in an open race at a decent price.

In fact, I've changed my mind about the PL thing. I'll include Tempuran in the PL figures for this thread along with a possible bet on Kreb's Cycle which I'll confirm tomorrow.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

No bet for me on Kreb's Cyce in the end as the other two market leaders went to joint favs so I left it along. Haven't seen the race but it looked as if it ran a good race and led near the end only to get caught. The other two may be decent horses so it's worth keeping an eye on the two of them as well to see if they frank the form in the coming weeks. For my notes, hey were Taylors Row (the one with the US dirt pedigree) and Kodiac Khan which was actually the clear fav when I checked at lunchtime.

Tempuran was a non-runner so nil profit/loss on today for this thread.

Sandy Cove won at 10/1 and Briardale won at 4/1 (was 12/1 last night) to make a tidy little profit on the side with the archived tracker runners. Rural Celebration added to the profit with a third place at 28/1. Red Touch failed miserably but if you offered me two winners and a placed horse at double figure prices every day I'd snatch your hand off:lol so very pleased with that.
    Punter and Kegman like this.
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

Well done mate, you're in great form :thumb
    Last edited: May 26, 2016