1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Conference betting 6th - 10th Sept

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Punter, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Capture.PNG

Kidderminster could suffer their first loss of the season, i dont think they're all that. Gateshead are a cracking price to inflict it @ 3.25. Small bet for me.

As far as odds on shots go, Torquay look very big but the The Worldwide Banker of the weekend has to be Barnet.

Midweek odds to follow.
  2. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Agree with Punter on Barnet; it would have to be something unusual for them not to win and I've backed them.

I've also gone for under 2.5 in Torquay v Nuneaton. I don't like betting on total goals because I usually read these bets wrong, but Torquay can be a bit blunt up front and Nuneaton's three away games so far have only yielded three goals in total so I think Laddies' 17/20 is too long.
  3. ThunderCelt

In the south, I'm going to risk opposing my home town club, Bath, despite their first win of the season last week. Whitehawk are doing well and are among the promotion favourites, and I've had some of Ladbrokes' 27/20
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Alfreton 1-0 up. Maybe they haven't been as bad as recent results suggested :wasnme
    Punter and ThunderCelt like this.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nope, they are shit. 2-1 down now.
  6. ThunderCelt

Me and Punter probably rode our luck with Barnet; needed a red card and injury time winner for my biggest match bet of the season to come in. Whitehawk were easy winners, but my unders at Torquay was blown by half time so a modest profit on the day.
  7. ThunderCelt

Forgot to give Punter a :clap for Torquay. A profit for you too?
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Rode our luck TC?? ...RODE OUR FUCKING LUCK!! We're the jammiest buggers out there tonight :)

Good shout with the Whitehawk and profit mate :thumb

..and yes a small profit on the day for me, just enough to cover my first pint tonight lol

I'll post up the midweek odds in a bit.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Capture.PNG

Any thoughts on the big game TC? I think you can do them. DNB is probably the right call @ 5/6 but that 6/4 is tempting.

Torquay, Lincoln and Braintree odds look tempting too and i might have some sort of bet there but the one stand out price for me midweek is the 7/4 about Halifax to win at Macclesfield.

I'm also considering taking the 9/1 about Halifax winning the league while i'm here.
  10. ThunderCelt

I'm not likely to get involved midweek as I'm struggling for time to look at the fixtures, but the one I'd be most interested in is Wrexham, who look a tad long at a side who haven't really adjusted to the Conference.

Before backing us I'd want to know the teams - our first eleven is decent enough, but we've picked up a few knocks in recent weeks and I'm not sure our backup is good enough to justify the price if we have to call on them. But, with luck the injuries will clear up for Tuesday. I think you're right in avoiding the draw though as it's a derby.

And Halifax have done well against what's been put in front of them, but they've not yet played any of the current top half sides. Of course, they've got points on the board but it'll be interesting to see if they've got what it takes against the better sides. 9/1 might be about right.