1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

PDC World Darts Championship Betting 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by Kegman, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

World darts starts tomorrow. On current form MVG should piss it but no real value at Evens.

Will have another look to see if i can muster up a few bets.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Yip, Love the PDC world Championships @ this time of the year.
    Not had a look at the fixtures proper yet but I'm disappointed to hear on the radio today that Keegan Brown has been matched up with Peter Wright in the first round, it's a pity one of them has to go out so early.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I've changed the title of the thread Keggers to make it more specific, hope you don't mind lol.
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Have not checked all the bookies, but have seen plenty of " winning quarter " markets. Have focused on the 2nd quarter of the draw and gone with MENSUR SULOVIC at 11's. MVG is the top ranked in the 1st quarter of the draw, with Gary Anderson in the 3rd and Phil Taylor in the 4th. Arguably the 2nd quarter, has the most strength in depth, but with Adrian Lewis, being the top ranked player, there is no - one to really fear. Sulovic has been around a while now and has beaten most of the top guys. He is also in fair form, having reached his first " major " semi final, back at the World Grand Prix.

Don't know a deal about his 1st round opponent and will probably have Kim Huybrechts in the last 32, but most matches are going to be difficult at that stage.. The afore mentioned Lewis, along with Chisnell, Wright and Brown are all potential opponents, but MS is a heavy scorer and is deadly on his favourite double 14.

Can make a case for plenty of them in the overall market, but would initially stay away from STEPHEN BUNTING and DAVE CHISNALL. Both have tough first round draws and cannot see eithers price contracting much should they get through. Obviously gone with SULOVIC overall as well at 150's.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I've been watching most of the matches and really enjoying it, MVG had a scare in the first round but played incredible darts in the second, if he continues to play like that I can't see anybody touching him but like we've seen in the past darts is a Jekyll and Hyde sort of game so I wouldn't like to put a wad on it.

Taylor seems to have gone now, easy win last night but he's nowhere near the player he once was and his finishing is terrible.

Good luck with Sulovic too Samoan, I thought he was on his way out yesterday but came back with a cracking out shot to win the game, he's not great to watch though, he's like watching paint dry with the amount of time it takes him to throw his darts.

Lewis and Wade look good too but I've seen them both play like this in the past only to let themselves down in the latter stages.
  6. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Adrian Lewis tonight for Sulovic and hopefully can keep him off his rhythm. Was not at his best yesterday ( or in the initial stages of his 1st round match ) and might just be struggling to live with the favourite tag in such contests. Hopefully can relax a bit more tonight as Lewis is fancied, but can't agree with the price of 1/7
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

It's amazing to watch when he's playing like that. Webster didn't even play all that badly, and yet van Gerwen barely even gave him a shot at a double.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

He played well last night too but Barney managed to find some of his old magic and knock him out, what a game it was though, MVG 105 average and gets sent packing, unbelievable finishing from Barney under pressure.
    Whether he can carry on like this though is another matter but MVG going out certainly opens a few doors for other players as what happened last year.
  9. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Barney will get beat by Smith, he seems to be able to play like that against Mvg cos hes his mate.

Well played Klaasen tonight, thank god Taylors out.

Fancy Lewis myself.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

yeah he's playing well Lewis, it's hard to see past a Anderson v Lewis final but you never know, it all depends on what Barney turns up tonight.
  11. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

If Barney plays like he did last night Lewis will hammer him. Smith shit his pants big style. It will probably make him a better player and no doubt he's a world champion in the making.

Think Anderson will cover the +2.5 legs handicap tonight as well.
  12. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

After eventing so i will apologise first but when Lewis went 5-0 up I thought if he can do it against Barney then Anderson can do it against klassen so had a fiver on 6-0 at 10/1.

Won my Anderson -2.5 set bet but also had a bet on the 180 market which i lost so that almost cancels out that bet (cnut)
    slick likes this.