1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Premiership Relegation 2012/13

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by ONEDUNME, Aug 25, 2012.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Another thing is that anything at all for Villa tomorrow followed by a win next week at the Brittannia means we would be at worst level with Stoke, & no one is clear up to 10th place yet, although I'd put Fulham safe if they beat QPR monday
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I don't know if I've said this before (probably) but the Robertson factor is utter bollicks in my view.

It's like looking back at a racehorses figures and concluding that its never won from number 5 stall so that must be a factor.

Same thing happened when Mclaren was a number 2 to ferguson and when Kidd was a number 2 and united went into a slump when they left. He's done ok without them and so will MON.

Lazy, simple thinking in my book
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I disagree simply because of the way O'Neill manages, as that is the word. He does not coach. He stays adrift of his players & watches, having minimal input & letting the coach interact with the players, then taking over more as the game approaches. Obviously he has instructed the coach on what he wants, but he doesnt deal with the players as much. that is certainly the way he managed at Villa, therefore I am assuming elsewhere. That is why he has often been portrayed as aloof & distanced from his players, & I am a MoN fan. Robertson has been his head coach at Wycombe, Norwich, Leicester, Celtic & Villa, yet not at Sunderland. Sunderland is where he has struggled despite a good start. Maybe its a coincidence, maybe the bubble has burst. Maybe Robertson was the approachable bridge between the manager & the players. maybe??
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

O'neill Sacked!!
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Well, that proves something wasnt right as over the years hes been about as inspirational as anyone out there & thats what they need now, & they were playing United ffs!!
    Wtf's gonna come in?
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Poyet would be my 1st shout, or maybe Di Canio
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

if you were a sunderland fan, would you trust your survival to either of those 2?? I havent got a better suggestion though :unsure
    The outside bet would be hes thrown a wobbler, but it didnt look that way earlier, & theyve said it'll be sorted within days.

Could be looking at the game against us a virtual play off?
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

With Poyet, he's done enough at Brighton to suggest a bigger club is only a matter of time. Should Sunderland go down he's had the experience of the Championship too.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'd have stuck with oneil. a 1-0 defeat against the new champions and he's out.

As ever, more to this than meets the eye but hell be a success again with or without fat Robbo
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sunderland are cursed, it really doesn't matter who comes in.
  12. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

I think his career is now over. He'll be remembered as the best ever manager of Leicester City and the man who discovered Robbie Savage
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Shame he never got to manage a decent club. RIP
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'll remember him for being part of a team that lifted two European Cups.
  15. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

He managed Two decent clubs

Leicester was his level
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I must have missed those then, I thought he was just at Villa and Forest
  17. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

He was at Celtic and Sunderland
  18. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

19. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

I guess the decision to fire him came after the Norwich game and they have been looking since.

Who though I have no idea
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

Di Canio current fav at around evens on BF :lookaround