1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Premiership Winner 2013/14

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by ONEDUNME, Aug 26, 2013.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I'd love Liverpool to do it after us, United fans can't take in what's going on at the moment and some of the arguments I've had lately in work have been hilarious and all based on Liverpool winning the league, they're shitting themselves of Liverpool getting a good run and overtaking their league titles.
    I'm just so glad Liverpool still have them on European titles otherwise it would be hell on earth.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

3rd Slick, at best. 5th at worst. It cant be anybody else bar Chelsea or City imo.

In the mean time it's nice not to be getting any shit from Utd fans at work for a change :)
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Copied from the weekend Prem' thread....

All I can say is Come on the Villa! I've just been pouring more and more money onto City to win the title and if they fail, it looks like I'm going to have to stay in for the rest of the year :frown

I just can't help myself. I know their recent performances aren't convincing and I also know that Chelsea keep marching on and Liverpool are hovering but the prices are just daft to me. We have a team here who win the league if they win all their remaining games - that's the only stat you need to know. We have Chelsea playing tonight in a game that they could easily drop points in and Chelsea (granted after City had had a player sent off) went to 1.58 on Betfair to win the league. City were around 9/4 and are still around the 2/1 mark now. I know it takes bollocks to take that price given the fact that they aren't pulling up any trees but Liverpool won't win it (although I've backed them to beat United) and the price is just crazy.

I'm not saying it's a banker bet, just that it's absolutely the banker bet and if Chelsea and Liverpool don't win this weekend, they should end up being more like even money.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

God I'm fucking good:lol. From 1.58 to 2.8 in the space of a six hours or so.
    Punter likes this.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

6/4 Man City
    2/1 Chelsea
    10/3 Liverpool
    14/1 Arsenal
    1000/1 bar

Liverpool continue to impress and bang the goals in (last 9 league games - 524153433), they simply have to be title contenders now. They really ought to win their next two games (away to Cardiff and home to Sunderland) and then you'd have to fancy them against the dismal Spurs at home. Away to West Ham might be a bit tricky but they'll still be favs to win that one.

Then the big one at home to City.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

I think Spurs is where we will slip up, Seen. They still have a good team when motivated, i fear them more than Chelsea and City for some reason

I dont like all this Liverpool title talk tbh, it's making nervous and sickly. I'll accept the fact that we have now qualified for next yrs CL but i cant build my hopes up anymore than that.

We'll finish 4th.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I think they'll beat City and lose to Chelsea. Rven then City could still win the league.

Of course, they aren't guaranteed to beat Cardiff. That would shut the cackle up a bit.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes definitely.

I guess this is image is irrelevant but i'll post it anyway..

Points total each Premier League team can achieve if they win their remaining games

[​IMG]
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

yes it is irrelevant. The top four can't all win their remaining games. If city win all their remaining games they win it - it's in their hands- as they say.

Are they looking like doing that ?

Definitely not
  10. Seen

Seen Moderator

City are probably around 150/1 to win their remaining 9 league games.

For a neutral it's turning in to the best season for a long time.
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

1.89 Man City
    2.88 Liverpool
    8.6 Chelsea
    160.0 Arsenal
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Did you lay any off in the end Seen?

You've made a packet here if Liverpool win it, no?

Of the £700 i possibly stood to make i leveled out at a measly £63 profit :lol

If it had been any other team (like my Atletico bet) i would of held on a lot longer, but being a fan and as the season has gone on, i've used it to help keep my expectation down. Everytime we've won i've told myself "nope we cant do it" and layed. Like i said before though i honestly wont care.

Chelsea are far from out of this title race, i'm not fooled by Mourinho's comments. They can come to Liverpool and do what they did to City. It's quite a price on them really.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Liverpool will beat City, Chelsea will beat Liverpool, City will win the title. That's my prediction. The more the price for Liverpool shortens, the more I lay them to win it. It could be the most monumental (and certainly the most expensive) gambling cock up I've ever made but I have the courage of my convictions and I'm going all in.
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

Well I'd like to able to say good luck with that, ODM, but obviously I'm on Liverpool so I can't!

Chelsea to beat Liverpool at Anfield is a brave call, Chelsea's away record since beating City has been really poor (beat Fulham but only drew with WBA and lost to Villa and Palace) and they might have to score 4 or 5 to win. It's gonna be a fascinating end to the season whatever happens.

I had £20 ew @ 14/1 (I fucked up here as 1/4 odds meant I only got 7/2 a place whereas they were 13/2 for top 2 finish on BF - wot a nob :embarassed), I have since laid off £10 @ 9/1 (should have fucking waited!), also traded on the place, £20 @ 13/2 and laid same stake off @ 5.6 to boost the place part up (currently 1.54).

+£278.....1st
    +£88.....2nd
    -£30.....3rd or worse

I'll probably jiggle things around to give an all-green book, be a bit daft to lose on the bet now they're odds-on the finish in the top 2.
    Punter likes this.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Good luck Seen- hope you win your £88.:thumb
    Punter likes this.
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

Thanks ODM - and I hope you get AIDS from an Eastern European rent boy :wink

Anyway, Sunderland are now down and out after another pathetic home display against another poor team. Next 4 fixtures are...

Spurs A
    Everton H
    Man City A
    Chelsea A

....best we can possibly get from those is perhaps a draw at home to Everton, even the 1.49 on offer for relegation looks way too big, if I wasn't already on Sunderland to finish rock bottom and also bottom of the handicap I'd be having a lumpy bet.
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

and I'm already in them not tone relegated and can't understand why they can't fucking win a game. They have some decent enough players.

Saying that, Cardiff seam to put in some decent spells of football without picking up the wins

Fuck it, I'm backing Sunderland to beat Everton
  18. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I still think Sunderland will get out of it. It's still Norwich for me
  19. Seen

Seen Moderator

With Liverpool scoring so early yesterday I was able to green up easily, layed Liverpool (to win Prem) at 2.3 then again at 1.74 and 1.7 (currently 1.82). Also layed them in the 'top 2 finish' market £100 @ 1.14 (currently 1.25) so my book is now...

Win +214
    2nd +164
    3rd +150

...so pretty happy with that considering my original bet was simply a view to trade. Once again, the way they start games so quickly (especially at home) is what won them the game yesterday, now they have to do it again v Chelsea. It's now 25 league games since they failed to score before half time and they've scored a goal within the first 6 mins of a game 9 times this season.
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one Seen :clap

I still dont see Liverpool winning it. Chelsea will beat Liverpool and Everton will take a point from the City game. Chelsea will win the league, Liverpool will finish 3rd.