1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Rugby..........................& nowt else!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by 4PP, Jan 24, 2013.

1. 4PP

4PP Member

If you're interested in the oval ball throw your thoughts in here............
  2. 4PP

4PP Member

Due to the upcoming 6Nations most leagues are off this WE.
    Not the French though! Why have a sensible 12 team league when you can have a "Top 14".............. Creating unthinkable headaches for bettors everywhere & creating mathematical possibilities & permutations that would give Stephen Hawkings a headache.

So obviously I like nothing better that a punt on my frog friends :cool:

They have made a small allowance in bringing the matches forward 24 hours.

24/01
    21:00 Aviron Bayonnais Castres Olympique

25/01
    19:00 SU Agen Montpellier Hérault Rugby
    19:00 Union Bordeaux-Bègles Racing Métro 92
    19:00 Stade Français Grenoble
    19:00 USAP ASM Clermont
    19:00 Rugby Club Toulonnais Mont-de-Marsan

21:00 Stade Toulousain Biarritz Olympique

All times local (take off 1 hr for the UK & ROI)

Bayonne have been at best messy this season though their home record is good. Castres are going reasonably well but are a bit inconsistent. Tonight both teams are fielding the best they've got & will want the 4 pts.

Between the pressure and the weather (Bayonne is next door to Biarritz & you saw how that played last week) the pitch will be heavy & I don't expect a huge score. Most books have Bayonne as marginal favorites but I'm taking Castres +1.5 @ 4/5.

Fancy Racing tomorrow but I'll post more tomorrow.........
  3. 4PP

4PP Member

22-12
    Castres just not on song, Tekori going off after twenty didn't help
  4. 4PP

4PP Member

Tonight, Monty -1.5 @4/5, Racing to win @ 5/6, ASM +2.5@4/5, FCG +11@ 10/11 and Toulouse -14@10/11.

Dubious about Toulon, I'll wait for now............
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Good luck Snodster, sorry I can't help as I'm more of a league man but do enjoy the 6 nations.
    Knowing a bit about the French League is pretty impressive m8, how do you get to watch the games?
  6. 4PP

4PP Member

Snodster? who be he? :p

I live in Frogland so I have a few notions of whats going on over here. As for watching games there are ways & means but its proably best that is left to PM :thumb

Btw , you mentioned the 6Nations. We are really, really keen to get a Welsh rugby fan on our podcast. Its not a big deal, think of a chat down the pub with virtual pints. A Scotsman would be nice too but in view of the poor state of Scots rugby I can understand them being discreet.
    No a Welsh fan is what we need. It'll take up what? 40 minutes ? an hour of his time?. We can stick in an plug for the site "joining us now is XXX from betnod, etc" No worries.
    Recording on Tuesday, all he'll need is skype & a good headset.

Its a bummer 'cos we've managed to get all sorts, even an All Black on the show but not a Welshman to be seen!

Look, if you know of anyone I'm available this WE & will willingly chat on skype or elsewhere to coach them as to what to expect.
    It really is a bit of a laugh so fingers crossed.

Cheers ;-)
  7. 4PP

4PP Member

Toulouse win, but not by enough. The podcasts BOTW was Racing -1 & that came in handy enough but 4PP is 2/6 tonigt. None too good I'm afraid.
    Howvere I'll look on the bright side, I only bet what I could afford to lose so wife & childer are not in danger eh? The Golden Rule :thumb

Onwards & upwards :beer
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I was going to ask do you live in France but didn't want to sound daft lol.

I know there are ways and means to watch everything as I do (check out my cardsharing thread) and was just wondering if you were doing the same as I presumed you were in the UK, if not I was going to give you a few pointers on how to do so.

Good luck too in your quest to find a Welsh Podcaster, I think the problem may be that a lot of people find it easier and a lot more comfortable to type rather than orally explaining the same thing, I know I do even though my day job is to explain and demonstrate things every day (and no I don't work for Avon), I just find it a lot easier to leisurely write than I do talk. Plus I can also go back and del or edit something I shouldn't have wrote for legal purposes:lol
  9. 4PP

4PP Member

I'll happily take any "pointers" you have Mossieur Slick. I'm a babe in arms at this internet stuff. I 'll have to have a look (find it first mind ;-) ) at your cardsharing thingy, whatever it may be :unsure.

I can see where you're coming from on the comfort of typing etc. That said we pretty much script our podcasts. It makes for a lot less editing & saves time (no-one is getting paid) & also means everyone knows when to come in. Not word for word mind, just good guidelines. Sure we do ad-lib, we're not Terry Wogan, but I'd say 2/3 to 3/4 of the show are pretty much planned in advance.

The chap who runs the thingy also does a soccer podcast, maybe you'd be interested? Don't know much about it myself as soccer generally puts me to sleep but hey? different strokes & all that!

Really keen on getting a Welshman on though, honestly. If you know of anyone give 'em a 'bell. They can contact me, no strings, & then decide.

Cheers ;-)
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Scripting sounds a lot better, how old thicko here never thought of that considering it's what's used in broadcasting I'll never know lol. I must admit though that some people are great at just saying what comes off the top of their head but I'm not one of those, I could make living off ad libbing mind as they do flow off the top of my head, strange how peoples minds are structured.

I could script a podcast no problem but then again so could thousands of others so I'd rather leave it to them as i have enough on my plate as it is, plus footy isn't short of any more armchair experts as they have enough already.

Cardsharing isn't about the tinternet Snodster although you have to be connected to it for it to work, it's about Satellite tv and being able to watch anything so long as it is being broadcast, It basically allows me to watch any match live so long as it is being broadcast on a satellite within the limits of a my motorised dish, for football that means nearly every game around the world I should ever wish to watch but i don't know how that would work with RU. let's put it this way, if it's being broadcast in Europe you will be able to watch it.
  11. 4PP

4PP Member

08/02

20:50
    Racing Métro 92 v ASM Clermont

09/02
    15:00
    SU Agen v Stade Toulousain
    Aviron Bayonnais v USAP
    Union Bordeaux-Bègles v Rugby Club Toulonnais
    Castres Olympique v Stade Français
    Mont-de-Marsan v Grenoble

20:40
    Montpellier Hérault Rugby v Biarritz Olympique

all times local...........

RCM-ASM
    First thoughts were Racing, then I saw how weak the front row is & they have no cover at TH. Could be snowing tonight so as long as Brock kicks well Clermont can win. Just in case, ASM +4.5.

SUALG v ST
    Should be tight though Guy has stacked the bench in case things start to go wrong. He’s after 4 pts, by hook or by crook. ST -4.5

Bayonne v USAP
    The absence of Philips won’t make much difference to Aviron but Perpie will sorely miss

Hook. AB -4.5

UBB v RCT
    Toulon have been poor away from home & I don’t expect that to change. In fact a home win is not impossible. UBB +8.5

CO v SF
    You’d think Castres would win this handily but with snow forecast & quite a few storms behind the scenes all is not well in the Tarn. They meet Paris who strangely seem to be on an upward slope gaining a bit of stability in the backs. Not going to win any trophies but may have enough to keep CO honest. SF +9.5

SM v FCG
    The M&Ms have nothing to play for bar themselves & they’ve not been doing to badly of late. Grenoble have targeted this game as a 4 pointer in what is a difficult run in for them. A loss would put a serious dent in their hopes of a playoff spot. Bizarrely bet 365 have gone against all the other books and offer FCG +1! Thank you very much ;-)

MHRC v BO
    A seriously weakened Monty host a determined Biarritz who desperately want a spot in the H Cup next season. Monty may have the edge in the scrum but not in the lineout. They are not very affected by the 6N & put out their best available XV. Monty should have that bit o’class to win but BO will at least get the DB. Bo +8.5
  12. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Force v Crusaders [12.45pm]

Under 49.5pts @ 1.91 [MarathonBet]

Stake,1pt

Think this game will be tighter than short odds on the crusaders might suggest

Live on Sky Sports
  13. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

30ptsclap
  14. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

France [1.40pm] v Montpellier

Castres Olympique - 3.5pts @ 1.8 [Betfred]

Stake,1pt
  15. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Won 25-12clap
  16. 4PP

4PP Member

Evening all, for those interested here's a link to rugbyrama with all the dates of the pre-season friendlies in France, just in case you are travelling in those parts & wish to have a nice evening out.................

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/match...nda-des-matchs-amicaux_sto3810085/story.shtml

My apologies to the powers that be if I'm not allowed post such links but seeing as how its a well known site anyway I didn't think you'd mind.

Oh & btw, you may already have heard but the LNR are implementing stricter guidelines on "JIFF" (players drawn from the french system) for next season.

This does not mean that they have to have more "French" or "French Qualified" players however. That would contravene EU law.

A stellar example, the Armitage brothers. Both qualify as "JIFF" & RCT are perfectly within all the rules ( if a tad outside the "spirit"! ) of the law.............

JIFF does not = French.

4PP

PS: If the paint has dried & you're fed up of watching the grass grow during the Ashes I can explain all the in's & outs of "JIFF" & whatnot at a later date ................................................in exchange for a detailed explanation on how they get the gas into the widget in the Guinness can :cool:
  17. 4PP

4PP Member

Would not be that surprised if Toulon win tonight (13/10), the +3.5 @ 4/5 is my pick
  18. 4PP

4PP Member

22-22

Some new rules, or should I say "adapted" rules have been introduced & will create manys the talking point around the coffee machine/bar/cig break on Monday mornings.
    In anycase Toulon get a draw away from home in a scrappy match that they could have won. Mind you considering the amount of ball Monty had they should have had it sewn up at ht!.
    So a "win" of sorts for Toulon but more importantly, the Bet comes in :dance

Thank You :cool:
  19. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

:thumb
    4PP likes this.
  20. 4PP

4PP Member

Tomorrow,
    SF +5 @ 10/11
    ASM +1.5 @ 8/11 ST @ 8/11
    USO +12@ 10/11
    CO +4 @ 10/11
    CAB +17 @ 10/11,
    all odds from oddschecker

Tbh these early season games are a bit like playing poker without being able to see the cards. I have backed them all equally.
    Thats how I operate.