1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Scottish Football 20-21st Aug 2011

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Aug 18, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

2. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I know next to nothing about Scottish football, but I'm going to take Celtic. I watched Rangers outplay St Johnstone on the box, and it's hard to see them holding out against Cetic. Not a particularly clever or difficult tip, though!
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

SPL games this week are hard to predict imo. Aberdeen and ICT is always going to be tight but with ABerdeen struggling it could be even tighter.

Celtic should win and the natives will be hungry after last nights poor efforts. I quite fancy Dunfermline to get a result away at Tannadice. Hibs were fecking piss poor last week and if they play anything like that then St Mirren will easily take the points home to Paisley - hibs midfiled and central defense was NON EXISTANT.

How will Hearts gubbing affect them ??? THey may possibly bounce back as Spurs were 'fantastic'.

Rangers players looked alright first half but were poor 2nd half. they do not have the class anymore to compete in europe and unless they invest further they will struggle in the SPL. Clubfoot and Edu would be better sitting beside me every week watching Soccer Saturday. I'll never back Rangers at odds on unless this changes because there is NO value what so ever. Anybody who tells you otherwise will never be a tipster as long as their arsehole points south.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Interesting quote Kegman:unsure. I assume that you mean "struggle" as in, struggle to actually win it rather than struggle meaning a mid table finish? Do you think it's a realistic possibility that they could finish outside the top 2?

I was considering the possibility of betting on that to happen but I've just looked at betfair and oddschecker and I can't see anyone offering odds on that or even ew terms to tempt me. Hearts are between 50 and 66/1 to win the league and if I coiuld get 1/3 or 1/4 odds for a place I might be tempted.

As for Rangers having the class to compete in Europe, I can't remember a time when they ever have to be honest. They bored their way to a UEFA cup final a few years ago but it was absolute drivel to watch as they stifled the opposition at every stage. Don't get me wrong, I suppose defending is a skill too but "class" isn't a word that I ever remember hearing at any stage of that campaign.:frown
  5. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

If you want my honest opinion. Dont touch it. Rangers have bought a couple of pkayers but once again they look if anything average. Celtic have managed to reduce their debt but they wont want to add anymore to this so i can see their squad staying something similar. Their is also an issue about the debt that hearts have been in.

Dundee Utd over the last couple of seasons have done well against Celtic but cant cope with Rangers. Hearts and Hibs seem to do ok v Rangers but struggle against Celtic. The other teams are so inconsistant its hard to see anybody making a prolonged challenge. I thought Aberdeen may give them a better fight this year but i dont think theyve even scored a fecking goal yet.

I still think the old firm will be the top 2 but unsure who'll win it.

Leave it alone.
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Dunfermline did get a result at Tannadice and St Mirren also beat Hibs.

According to all reports Rangers played well today and deserved their win - Celtic on the other hand.....piss poor. They had a penalty saved after 4 mins and hit the woodwork twice but they looked poor (saw last 15 mins).

Nobody would have thought St Johnstone would have won at Parkhead - some may have gave them a sniffter in Perth but not in Glasgow.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Celtic still odds on to win the league despite today's defeat and Rangers being above them. Mmm, speak volumes about what the bookies think of Rangers.