1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Season 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Hornets free Cash Football comp for season 2013-14' started by Yorkieacer, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Right back again season starts next week from the first league games of the season! It's the same rules as last year which are

- Pick 5 teams per weekend to go into a 5-fold
    - Go to Betfair Multiples and pick the 5 teams and place them into a 5fold
    - You do not have to place the bet if you do not wish to
    - Copy and paste the selections on the weekly as follows if we were doing it today

1 Ayr v Stenhousemuir (Backing Ayr @ 1.68)
    2 Crewe v Hartlepool (Backing Crewe @ 2.15)
    3 Luton v Gateshead (Backing Luton @ 1.56)
    4 Mansfield v Newport County (Backing Mansfield @ 1.65)
    5 Leeds v Shrewsbury (Backing Leeds @ 1.66)

5-Folds
    SelectionsOdds*StakePotential win
    [​IMG] 1,2,3,4 and 5 15.74 £5.00 £73.70

- Odds must be 1.50 and above and the max odds 6.00 no above and no less
    - Picks are to be put onto the weekly thread and must be put up by 11pm Friday Night
    - Any league can be chosen throughout Saturday and Sunday as long as it ends Sunday night
    - Each week for every correct pick you will receive the points for the odds, so if above only Luton and Crewe won that would be 3.71 points for me for the week
    - If you manage to get up a 5 fold though your points are doubled for the week!

Me and Slick are just arranging prizes etc so will update when i know everything so who's in? New people can also enter to boost the numbers
  2. slick

slick Administrator

As per usual, count me in.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Are we actually going to stick to the rules this season then ? if not,there really isn't any point having a cut off time is there? It either needs to be strictly enforced or dropped altogether.

Friday night is too early. some of our chaps work shifts and some won't look at a fixture list until Saturday morning. plus there's the issue of liquidity as you're using Betfair. Many of the league markets aren't fully formed by Friday? For example if u want to bet on the conference, a team might be 2/1 with every bookie in the world and end up at 2/1 on betfair by kick off ime but it might only be 1/2 on Betfair on the Friday.
  4. Yorkieacer

The cut off is 12pm Saturday ignore the friday rule i should of re read it we did change that rule during the season, International weekends you can also pick on Fridays as well but thats the only time during the season that you can pick any other day to the friday/Saturday.
  5. traeth

traeth Moderator

you can count on me , have you decided the end date yet?- it was one of the few points raised after last season
  6. Yorkieacer

End date will be the last Premier League Weekend this time as people were saying there wasnt enough games on
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Do you have to be able to log into Betfair to enter?
  8. Yorkieacer

No you just have to have access to the site which everyone does unless you live in a banned country like america etc
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm in then!
  10. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

What about in Spain where Betfair is no longer an exchange, but has just been made into an ordinary bookies?
  11. Yorkieacer

If you can get on to the multiple page then should be fine, im not sure if you can? If not then put the teams on here fridays if you can and ill do it for you
  12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

No multiples available on the Spanish Betfair, Yorkie, but if you (or anyone else if they're around) don't mind looking up the prices for me on a Friday night, then count me in, thanks.

Edit - And I should maybe clarify that I can't just go to the English version of Betfair, as it's banned here, so even if I type in www.betfair.com, I get forwarded to www.betfair.es :wank
  13. Yorkieacer

Yeah thats fine just put them up here and ill get the prices sorted for you :thumb
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Far be it from me to inject a little common sense into a discussion but what's wrong with just using bet betfair fixed odds prices?

Less ridiculous fluctuations in price then

Sheff Utd v Notts Co
    • Delete​

Sheff Utd​
      5/6​

£0.00
      Match Result​
    Birmingham v Watford
    • Delete​

Birmingham​
      9/5​

£0.00
      Match Result​
    Doncaster v Blackpool
    • Delete​

Blackpool​
      9/5​

£0.00
      Match Result​
    Carlisle v Leyton Orient
    • Delete​

Carlisle​
      6/5​

£0.00
      Match Result​
    QPR v Sheff Wed
    • Delete​

QPR​
      5/6​

£0.00
      Match Result​

Multiples​
    Stake per Bet​

Cash Out not available. Why?
    • 5 Folds (x1)​
      57.97​

15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well that copy and paste is shite ain't it?
  16. Yorkieacer

Always done it as we did it last season so no need to change something that isnt broke imo
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Not broke exactly, just pretty shit at times. I've just looked at the betfair prices for the forthcoming weekend and they're pretty good liquidity-wise but that's because people are chomping at the bit to get their bets on and have had six weeks to place them. I'll give you some examples in a couple of weeks as you're obviously not understanding what I'm saying.

Your comp' dude. Go with what you feel.
  18. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

OK, cheers Yorkie :thumb
  19. Yorkieacer

I found last year leagues like conference and lower scottish leagues on thursday/early friday the odds wernt the best however friday evening and Saturday morning they were what they should be obviously it depends when people go on there thats why another reason we extended the deadline to saturday 12pm
  20. fcbasher

fcbasher Active Member

Room for one more :)