1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Serbia

Discussion in 'Eurovision 2012 Betting' started by Gavster, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Serbia have announced Željko Joksimović as their representative for Eurovision 2012. Some may remember he finished second to Ukraine's Ruslana in 2004.

Here's his performance again with a light splash of Wogan - god love him!

His song for 2012 will be unveiled in the new year.

Attached Files:

2. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Having had my head rammed firmly up the **** of the X Factor for the last 2 months, this is the first time I've come across this snippet.

One of my faves...hopefully they learn from recent balkan ballads and keep it reasonably uptempo...
  3. Rob44

Rob44 Member

couldn't believe that that load of dogshit finished 2nd at the time and still can't.... obviously one to watch...?
  4. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

I think that's a bit harsh Rob-remember the UK's Jemini and Scooch..this year Zeljko is third favourite and rightly so.
  5. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

That was my 2nd favourite song in 2004 behind Ruslana. Awesome, beautiful, classy. LOVE HIM!!!
  6. Steve_uk

I know. Are we not allowed to have a bit of rubato these days instead of in your face Verka..
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Does nowt for me, call me old fashioned but it's the sort of shite you hear in a foreign hotel foyer.
  8. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

That's not the video Slick. That was Steve's error :spaz
  9. Rob44

Rob44 Member

this is good. he has a pleasant voice without it being overly showy, and the song scoots along nicely without seeming to try too hard for attention. if this is the only strong contender in the balkans it's going to mop up a lot of votes and seems certain for top 10 or even higher. they going to have to cut it down to 3+ minutes, so a lot of the padding in this version will have to come out. this might cut down on its time to generate an impact, but shouldn't be overly detrimental.
  10. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

This is the video Rob. Ignore the ones above.
  11. Archi

Archi Member

So it will be in English then? Wikipedia still says it's in Serbian? Has wikipedia betrayed me?! :(I liked the serbian version better. But this might have a better chance.. I really dont know. This doesnt work too well to be honest.. the lyrics are not that great. Out of the version that has been turned into English I think Iceland is the only one that works well. I cant say which one is better, Icelandic or English version of Mundu eftir mer, but with Serbia and Italy I think the original version was better.

But who knows which one fairs better on the big night then.. It's anyones guess, and we can never know the answer I guess :p
  12. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

It'll be in Serbian.
  13. Archi

Archi Member

Good. That video is kind of misleading then, dont you think :p
  14. Rob44

Rob44 Member

like this guy's voice. easy on the ear - should score well with the jury and older voters. don't think it's going to get much from the younger element. it'll work better in serbian because of the ethnicity of the music. top ten deffo - could well win it's semi.
  15. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Sorry archi, I forget to check the language :duh
  16. Steve_uk

Is the introduction a "synonym" of Coldplay's Paradise..I'll leave you to judge..

I'm also hearing Ukraine's entry as similar to Kelly Rowland's "When Love Takes Over"..I'm not blaming Gaitana,whom I like..