1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

HOT TIP Snooker - World Championship Final

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by Punter, May 1, 2016.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

DING JUNHUI (10/11) V MARK SELBY (EVS)

What’s with posting up a 10/11 shot as a hot tip? I’ll tell ya why, it’s because in a market with only 2 outcomes, I make DING JUNHUI a 2/5 chance. I simply cannot believe the price on him.

A bit late in the day to be posting him up now as I’ve already backed him (small bet) @ 14/1 pre tournament and 15/8 at the semi final stage, but there is still plenty of value there at the current price.

I’ll put down the positives and negatives and you can make up your own mind.

MARK SELBY POSITIVES

Has the experience of being in two previous finals.

MARK SELBY NEGATIVES

Beating Marco Fu 17 - 15 in tonights semi final, looked totally drained afterwards (two frames lasted over an hour).

Has a tip problem going into the final, stating he struggled tonight due to a low tip and has to make the decision to stick with it or change it. Nobody really likes changing a tip, especially before a final.

Is from Leicester and is a huge Leicester City fan. He could well be affected by tomorrows game (especially if City win) at Old Trafford. This game starts at the same time as the final.

DING JUNHUI POSITIVES

Has had an extra days rest. A very big positive imo.

Has been by far the best player of the tournament so far, knocking in a record 7 century breaks in his semi final.

DING JUNHUI NEGATIVES

No Asian player has won the tournament before (though there is a 1st for everything. Like Winrew getting a round of drinks in for example)?

Has the weight of knowing millions and millions of Chinese watching and willing him to win, on his shoulders. This is the only real negative imo. I think he will overcome it.

My thoughts aside, Neil Foulds, Jimmy White and Ronnie O’Sullivan were in the studio tonight and all three of them are tipping DING to win.

BIG Bet for me, DING @ 10/11
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm on it with you mate - cheers. I think the only reason Selby got through was because Fu was fucking shite. Selby wasn't much better at times and I agree that he should be shorter.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Just about to go 6 frames down mate. Aren't we great?:ohwell
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'll fucking give up and become a monk if i cant land this bet.

Rent money on @ 2.14 Betdaq.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

What's that for? The next frame? Ding is 2/1 going into the evening session and 6-2 down mate
  6. winrew

winrew GILF

Have a bit of faith gents , Ding still in with a shout.
    Punter likes this.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Thankfully it was for nothing!!
    I was drunk and must of passed out as soon as i posted it up. Imagine my horror reading this, this morning though :puke
    I quickly logged in to my banking details!
    Thank fcuk my rent money is still there and no bet on Betdaq was placed. Phew!
    I already stand to lose more than i'd like.

Anyway :crossfingers DING!
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

I can't even tip up a 10/11 shot in a two horse race ffs.

A big loss this time, i need to find some bouncebackability.
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Ding had his chances as well. Missed a couple of sitters when it mattered.
    Punter likes this.