1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Spanish football 24-27 May

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by rcgills, May 24, 2012.

1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Almeria v Numancia @ 7.5 (Bet365) 1pt

Crazy price, this one. Appears to be based on the fact that Numancia have nothing to play for, while Almeria need to win to leave themselves 3pts outside the playoffs with 2 games to play. However, Numancia have had nothing to play for for some time now, and last Wednesday were involved in a game with a very similar scenario to this one, away to Hercules, who are inside the playoff places, but not guaranteed a playoff place. Numancia won that game 3-1, and followed that up with a dominant performance in beating Barcelona B 3-0 at the weekend.

Added to that is the fact that Almeria are choking pretty badly, just 2 wins (and 7 draws, 5 defeats) in their last 14 which have seen them drop out of the playoffs. Those two wins have come against the teams 1st and 4th, so when they're on form they're still capable of good results, but they've been dropping far too many silly points.

Obviously not one to go big on, Almeria really should win here, but the price appears to be based exclusively on the motivation of the two teams, disregarding Almeria's poor form and the fact that Numancia still appear to be taking games seriously, even with nothing to play for, so worth a shot for small stakes.

Numancia +0.5 available at 2.85 (or even +1 a/h at 2.2) for anyone who fancies playing it a bit safer (and Numancia have only been beaten by more than one goal away from home 3 times this season, two of which were against the top 2 teams).
  2. israwon

israwon New Member

Probable Starting Lineups:
    Athletic Bilbao: Iraizoz – Iraola, Javi Martinez, Amorebieta, Aurtenetxe – De Marcos, Herrera, Iturraspe, Susaeta, Llorente, Muniain.

Barcelona: Valdes – Pique, Mascherano, Adriano, Busquets – Thiago Alcantara, Xavi, Iniesta – Messi, Fabregas, Sanchez

Match Details and Timings:
    Date: May 26, 2012
    Time: 04:00 AM GMT+8
    Venue: Estadio Vicente Calderón — Madrid
  3. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

in case anyones interested in betting on this one but hasnt read the rfo,racing post etc.....the general consensus(or,anyway at least one but I have read it twice)is that Bilbao should def be backed at 10s or 5 for the draw-no idea whether those prices are still available
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I'm going to move this lads as its in the wrong section.

Watching the Bilbao that played United they look a very good side but whether they are good enough to beat Barca is another matter, Plus I expect Barcelona to be hungry for this after their recent failure's. I suppose they will also want to give Guardiola a good send off.
  5. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Bilbao wete piss poor in the europa league final and unless they improve drastically i can see a similar result.

Barcelona -2 @ 15/8 for me
  6. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Gone for a buy of Athletic Headed goal minutes @12. No Puyol for Barca and Pique is out of form. Barca do not defend corners well and also lack height.
  7. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

3-0 all ready
  8. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

With Pinto in goal there will always be a chance of a (very) late Athletic headed consolation goal:beer
  9. Yorkieacer

Done this small accy

Bet Confirmation - HA920727160F - Flash Time of bet: 25/05/2012 21:02:12 Print
    Selections
    No.SelectionsEventEvent DateE/W TermsOddsResult
    1 Miguel Gallardo-Valles Miguel Gallardo-Valles v Antoine Benneteau
    (Match Winner) 25/05/2012 None 2.25 To Run
    2 Over 1.5 Ferro Carril Oeste v Defensa y Justicia
    (Match Goals) 25/05/2012 None 1.40 To Run
    3 Under 2.5 Academica v Angola
    (Match Goals) 25/05/2012 None 1.14 To Run
    4 Lionel Messi Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona
    (To Score a Hat Trick) 25/05/2012 None 5.00 To Run
    Multiples
    Bet TypeNo of BetsUnit StakeStakeTo WinReturns
    4 Folds 1 5.00 5.00 85.00
  10. Yorkieacer

Should of been 3-1 there
  11. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

May not be a money winner these bets but every good cross from Bilbao gives me a buzz :lol
  12. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Bah - Why take llorente off
  13. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

3 - 0 Barcelona - fantastic game from Barcelona and end of a great era.Thanks Pep:hatsoff
  14. Yorkieacer

Was a boring second half if only Bilboa had scored when they got through right at the beginning of the half, Bilboa havnt scored in 6 now
  15. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

You've got to enjoy it while it lasts Yorkie.

The Milan team of the early 1990's were good and I never thought we would see anyone as good again. My experience of them was a few European games and one or two seasons when channel 4 started showing italian football.

Prior to that we had Pele who had a few good games in the 1958 and the 1970 world cup. What he did in between is basically unknown

Maradona played well in the 1986 and 1990 world cups and had one or two good seasons with Napoli but that was all really.

Ronaldinho was explosive for about 4 or 5 years but now is forgotten about

Zidane too was fabulous for a few years with Madrid but is too now forgotten about.

This Barcalona team was something special and in twenty years time you will be boring people half your age with stories of Messi, Xavi , Inniesta etc. I feel lucky that I have been able to enjoy watching so many of their games.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Blimey! Harsh. Glad you didn't do my fucking school reports Colbro:lol

Maradona went to a shit side who had never won an Italian title and, almost singlehandedly at times, dragged them up to win the league twice and finish second twice against the might of Juve, Roma and Inter. A horrible little shit of a man but to write him off with "one or two good seasons and playing well in a couple of world cups" is total bollocks.:thumb
  17. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Its also really funny!Can we have,Colbro, your assessments of the careers of...oh,I dunno,Pele,Eusebio,Nelson Mandela,Florence Nightingale etc etc:thumb .
  18. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Nowt to do with a hand ball incident ODM ??? :p

I agree with comments about this seasons barcelona team being special to watch. Iniesta, Zavi (how can u pronounce a X like a Z ?) and Messi.... Although defence is best form of attack....BLUE IS THE COLOUR !!! :beer

How many goals did Messi score this season ? more than 70 though !!!!! unbelievable
  19. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Now there's a thought - being ODM's school teacher :cool:

Anyway - Maradona - he joined Napoli in 1984 after a spell at Barcelona which was cursed by a serious illness and a serious injury. The only way to asses his career prior to this is the world cup of 1982 where he is most famous for a sending off. He acknowledged later he did not play well in this world cup.

Then he went to Napoli in 1984 and his form between 1984 and 1986 - well I'm not too sure so if I am to make a concession I will maybe say Maradona had 3- 4 good seasons. However there are also some myths in your post. Napoli had been regulars in the top six in Italy in the 1970's. They had finished third in 1981. Maradonas' signing obviously made a huge impact in 1984 but they were not the small town club they are sometimes made out to be.

After Napoli won the Italian league in 1987 his career started to decline and to say he "single handedly" won trophies is also a myth. Take a look at the team Napoli had which won the Uefa cup in 1989
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_UEFA_Cup_Final
    Two Brasilian Internationals as well as Ferrara, Francini, De Napoli, Fusi, Carnevale, and Crippa who were all Italian internationals.

In the Copa America 1989 Maradona looked past his best but played well in 1990 world cup before being banned in 1991 for cocaine use.

So if anyone knows how well Maradona played from 1984 to 1986 please advise. From 1988 onwards I would say his career began to decline. But don't get me wrong - a really world class player on his day.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol You must be on the wind up.

So Napoli had some good players in 1989. So what? There were no Brasilian internationals in the squad that won Napoli their first title in 1986/7. Nothing but Italians -some of them internationals, granted. Most sensible people would agree that Maradonna was the difference

Regulars in the top 6? The season before they signed him they had finished 11th. Then they finished 8th. Not only was he the most influential player in their first league title season, he was their top scorer. The following season, when they finished second, he was the top scorer in the entire Italian league. In the 1989/90 season, when you say his career had already been on the decline for three years, he scored even more goals than he had in previous seasons and again his influence took Napoli to the title.

Suggestions for your next project.

That Michelangelo wasn't bad but could the Sistine Chapel really have done with a second coat?

Enrico Caruso could sing a bit but he never won the Eurovision song contest did he?