1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Steve Clarke sacked by West Brom

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Kegman, Dec 15, 2013.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

He's just lost 5 on the bounce, zola, hardly job application material. Could be wrong but that doesnt look like a walk through tap up job to me :unsure
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Lost last 5 at home, I apologise. He's a big lay for me on the Albion job, Zola, I just don't see it at all. He's their kind of appointment, I accept that, but I reckon they're already a long way to getting who they want before he's walked out of Watford. Also, he nearly took West Ham down in his only previous premier job & his latest side are 13th in the Championship ffs, there'd be anarchy.
    He struck me as being quite close to the owners at Watford & I don't see him quitting on them with a job lined up, although this quote is interesting, i'll admit:
    '"There is always the next challenge and a new environment ahead which means nothing is ever the same."
    Hmm :unsureStalking horse for me, & for him to get the Spurs job? There's more chance of me licking Kate Beckinsale's arsehole than that happening. The only thing less likely is her licking mine.....I've been wrong before, mind :)
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I thought Clarke was doing a pretty good job, Wolves and Mcarthy now spring to mind.
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Agreed. Could be interesting if Malky Mackay walks over his chairman giving him a bollocking over telling the press he needs 3 new players.
    Laudrup would be my gut feeling for Spurs
  5. slick

slick Administrator

General feeling from Spurs fans at the moment seems to be Laudrup, doesn't seem a bad shout imo.
  6. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

7. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Post #24 :lol He's been short on the next manager to go market all season. Albion would love him but would he be looking bigger? And it doesn't look like it would be a quick appointment with him
  8. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

:duh :embarassed
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

No need to feel sorry for them, Punter, apparently it's all under control

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/16/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-sack-tim-sherwood
    Punter likes this.
  10. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Market i saw earlier had Sherwood favourite :unsure can't see that. Hoddle says he's interested
  11. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

How many games does he have to manage to be considered the winner in a market like that, is it 10? If he's the man in charge for now, even if only temporary, you can see why he's the favourite. Get a few decent results, and they'll surely to be tempted to appoint him, even if only until the end of the season when they can go for a bigger name once the World Cup's over.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Some go 10 some go 8. I think Betdaq only go 8.
  13. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Frank De Boer next Spurs manager 8/1. Gossip is rip up here its him - cannae see it myself but I've had a dabble just in case
  14. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

That's a shot from the side :unsure Hoddle was too short for me tbh, I still think Laudrup but it wouldn't be quick
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

De Boer's a big favourite now @ around 11/8 for Spurs, as is Solskjaer at about the same for Albion. I've seen solskjaer linked so many times with English clubs though that I'll believe that when I see it. Jol's slipped away a bit with a rumour going around he wants a break, & there's a similar rumour regarding Zola. I still don't see Zola at all & I can't see how the Albion board can be linked with him with his recent record at a championship club. Albion are interested in in AVB as well apparently, with interviews being held in London over these few days. The caretakers have been told they are likely to be doing boxing day as well.
    That rules Phelan & Jol out for me I think as I think they'd have been appointed quickly.
    Hoddle's a non runner for Albion apparently as he claimed he'd turned it down a few years back, upsetting Jeremy Peace. I've also read Steve Clarke's on gardening leave until may, ruling him out of taking another job yet
  16. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Malky Mackay now 1/8 to be the next man out, & goes straight in at 7/4 along Solskjaer as Albion favourite
  18. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Nice spot Swoops.:thumb I'm on Mackay for WBA at 3.6 on betfair
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Nice one Swoops and another nice one if it comes off lol.
    If the offers on the table Mackay would jump at the chance; if not he's a bleeding idiot.
  20. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Sherwood's throwing his weight around a bit :unsure says he reckons he has to have a chance of being manager & that he won't be assistant to the new bloke if he doesn't get it. Has he forgotten he was in charge the other night when they got knocked out the League Cup??
    Laudrup's distanced himself, but it sounds like he's on his way at the end of the season as Swansea won't deal with his agent & he's got no intention of changing him.
    Malky Mackay is rumoured to prefer a more high profile job than Albion