1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Super League XXIV

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by SAMOAN, Mar 15, 2019.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Salford have already sold 3000+ tickets for the DW, so it looks like this will be their biggest away following in quite some time.
  2. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Wigan were indeed shot and Salford got in front early and kept their " foot on the throat " throughout. Salford therefore make their first appearance in a Grand Final next Saturday against St Helens.
    slick and Punter like this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Samoan meant to mention this in the week but forgot all about it, been fancying us to do Wigan since we just came up short against them a couple of weeks ago.
    Fantastic performance tonight and Salford controlled the match from the first whistle, Probably the best I've seen Salford play since the 70's.

I think it'll be good for the game too seeing a different side in the final and it's definitely given the game a new lease of life in Salford, more so I suppose on the back of Man United being so shite lol, at least the Salford reds now have something to shout about. I'm not joking either as I know loads of Salford United fans who follow both sports and have at the moment given up on United but were at Wigan tonight.

Can't see past Saints winning the grand final but with it being at Old Trafford I can now see plenty of Salford fans snapping up tickets as it's on their doorstep.

I just hope Salford don't see tonight as being their final but go on to give Saint's the fright of their lives.
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Both teams name unchanged squads and both are as near to full strength as could be expected at the end of a long season.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Should be a good game and good luck to Salford.
    Salford's biggest game in decades and I'll miss it because I'm at a do for a Salford Charity with no bleeding screens I've been told:banghead
  6. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Gone with a few big prices for Man of the Match -

MORGAN KNOWLES at 28's
    DOMINIC PAYROUX at 40's
    KEN SIO at 40's
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Only caught the first half before I had to go out.
    Thought we were in for a hammering the way Saints came out of the blocks but we defended well and did well to come back before the half time whistle.
    I was surprised to see Salford never scored another point in the second half as we finished the first so strongly but because I've not seen it yet I can't comment on it.

Only downside of the night was the Mayor of Salford turning up at the do I was at and telling everyone the bleeding result as most of us were recording the match:lol