1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Super League XXV

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by SAMOAN, Jan 30, 2020.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

6 Hull FC players have tested positive for Covid - 19 ( along with 2 members of the coaching staff ) following the weekend matches. Their opponents on Sunday were Salford and the results of their tests have not yet been returned.
    slick likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Wow, I'm more surprised it's been so long before something like this has happened since sport restarted.
    Everyone will moan lockdown was unlocked too early but we can't live locked up forever and with all airports and ports still open what's the fcuking point.
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

All tests undertaken by Salford players have come back negative and no other positives from the other teams. 13 Salford players have been told to self-isolate following analysis of the match by the Rugby Football League.
    slick likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Heard that on the local news today, great news and hope it stays that way:crossfingers
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

A very different Grand Final tonight, with it being played away from Old Trafford for the first time and also not being played in its usual Saturday night slot. The two finalists are no surprise however with it being Wigan v St Helens. The teams are travelling across the Pennines to play at the KC Stadium in Hull. Both teams are nearly at full strength and both have club legends playing their last game before retirement. Sean O'Loughlin is playing his final game for the Warriors, with James Graham bowing out for Saints.

Too close to call for me, though Saints at +2.5 is available. As usual with these big finals, going with 1st tryscorer bets along with Man of the Match -

FIRST TRYSCORER

LIAM FARRELL ( Wigan ) at 18's
    JAMES GRAHAM ( St Helens ) at 40's

MAN OF THE MATCH

OLIVER GILDART ( Wigan ) at 20's
    DOMINIQUE PEYROUX (St Helens ) at 40's
    slick likes this.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Samoan for the heads up, I thought this was on tomorrow:thumb

Like you say too close to call but should be a cracking final, surprised any team got the handicap no matter how small.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Saw that Wigan try coming, Saints starting to look buggered now after having most of the possession all match but doing very little with it points wise.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

WOW:lol

There's a first for everything:lol
  9. slick

slick Administrator

I've never seen an ending like that, at first I thought the rebounded ball coming back off the post hitting the ground and then rebounding back over the bar was a first as I've never seen that before but for saints to keep their concentration and follow up with a try was unbelievable but well deserved I'd say.

Pleased for James Graham, signing off his career like that is fantastic, he's been a true great of the sport.
  10. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Can't argue with that Slick. I am a fan of many sports, but still say this is the best sport of the lot.
    slick likes this.