1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

That goal from "english born" Ben Wood burn

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by traeth, Sep 5, 2017.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

Can someone on here explain how the keeper ended on his back after diving for the shot ?

2. slick

slick Administrator

I think he was doing what most keepers do nowadays in trying to save it with his trailing hand/arm, baffles me at times when it's easier to save the ball with the hand/arm closest to the ball.
    Punter likes this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I think the logic is that if you get to to the ball with the trailing hand/arm it's more likely to rebound or you are able to push the ball out of play rather than in it.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

The game changer again tonight. Nice assist for the first goal.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I think the logic is that if the ball is going into your top right hand corner and you're diving to your right, your left hand is logically higher than your right so why try to get it with your right hand which is lower. It seems perfectly logical to me - just that we've been seeing the opposite method used for so long that we thing it's normal. In ten years time people will look back at old videos and wonder what the goalkeepers were fucking about at.