1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Big Music Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MickeyPaul, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Joe Dolce. A mate at work mentioned this fact on Friday!
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Anybody recommend anything? I'm stuck for tunes lately.

Me and a work mate was belting these two out when they came on the radio the other day..

slick likes this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

After watching the punk Program before Punt I'll put up the Rut's, only because nobody seems to remember their lead singer Malcolm Owen who's been dead 40 years this year:eek, he seems to have been wiped from history.

This is a classic.

Punter likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

One of my favourite Punk songs ever, got it in the loft somewhere in blue vinyl lol

Punter likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Only mentioned the blue vinyl bit because It was a trek and half in those day's searching for records in coloured vinyl because they were rarer than the usually black, used to walk for fcuking miles looking for coloured vinyl.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Remember Plastic Bertrand as a mate of mine was well into him.

He used to tell me 'Ca Plane Pour Moi' translated to 'will you go to bed with me' , until you just posted that it didn't occur to me it might have been a load of bollocks as we didn't have google in those days to double check anything.

I'm gonna google it now and see what it means lol, if he's a lying cnut I'll be right pissed off:lol
  7. slick

slick Administrator

"Ça plane pour moi" translates literally as 'it's gliding for me". It's an outdated expression, such as 'everything's groovy'

The lying bastard, never trused the cnut:lol
    Punter likes this.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Don't know why I'm posting this, maybe it's because it's when Punk transformed to new wave then bordered on new romantic, good song nevertheless.

9. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol I found that out a couple of weeks ago cause we googled it too :lol
    slick likes this.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

.... i'd been singing 'Sa blanco noir' for the past 43yrs :lol
    That's what i thought he was singing :lol
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

The Ruts and SLF tunes you posted, i'm adding those to my playlist :thumb
    slick likes this.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

That's not bad.
    I thought it was 'Sat plat plume wa' :lol
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Great night on BBC4 if you like Punk with some great back stories and songs I've never heard before.

This song was never hidden but I don't recall hearing it before from The Tom Robinson Band, because it's a Gay song maybe nobody liked mentioning it at the time, belting song imo....with very strong lyrics.

14. slick

slick Administrator

Love this song, gonna post it for the sake of it even though it's probably been posted before.
    One of the few songs that makes me shed a tear once I started listening to lyrics as I grew older.

15. slick

slick Administrator

Been quite an education tonight.

Never realised Salfordian Ewan MaColll wrote the 'First time I ever saw your face', always associated him with 'Dirty old town' both songs are worlds apart....
    (prefer Dubliners version but the pogues version is more popular)

16. slick

slick Administrator

Wow, this has got me even more :frown, RIP Dean Ford and god bless marmalade.

17. slick

slick Administrator

I'll post this because I was reading something about the war and Vera Lynn so googled to see when she died.
    Was astonished to find out she's still alive at the grand old age of 102:eek, I just assumed she was well gone.

Punter likes this.
  18. winrew

winrew GILF

Grand kids have been educating me with regards to new music. This one's probably my favourite.
    slick and Punter like this.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

What a brilliant video, know the song well but never seen the Vid before, fantastic:clap:clap.......

Punter likes this.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Tonight I'm dedicating this song to Philip.