1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Big Music Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MickeyPaul, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cant believe you've not seen that vid before! It was number one for like 400 weeks lol
    slick likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Thinking about it half sober I'm sure I've posted this vid b4.
    Still brill nonetheless.
    Punter likes this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

For you lovers out there @ Valentine:wank

Punter likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Smooch time, last orders gone and it's now or never for a leg over b4 lights on and chuck out.

Punter likes this.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've lost two lovely aunties over the past 3 weeks.
    Did the one funeral last week with the other coming this Friday.

Me Aunty Lyn played out to this one..

slick likes this.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Sorry to hear that Punt, RIP to both of them.
    Punter likes this.
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Sorry to hear that Punter :frown
    Punter likes this.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Ahh cheers fellas. I guess i'm at that age where funerals are going to start coming round more often. My nan aint in a good way either but at 98 and in her current health, she'd be better off out of it now :(

A top service for my lovely aunty Mary today. The Farmers wife. A very popular, hard working lady. More outside the church than in.

She came in to Jim Reeves and went out to Daniel O'Donnell..

slick likes this.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Ditto Punt.

Another one of Moan's Brothers died today, that's two in as many months.
    Alans the name and getting pissed was his game.

He had a heart of gold but was the biggest fcuking nuisance you'd ever wish to meet when he was pissed which for the last 30 years or so was a daily occurrence which led to him losing everything including his life it now seems, although we don't know yet for sure as everybody had pretty much distanced themselves from him because no matter how much people tried to help him, he always returned to the drink and would beg steel or borrow for it.

When me and Moans first met though he was a cracking lad and we had some great laffs and times together, although even then I could see he had a bit of a problem, tell the truth we're all surprised he lasted as long as he did even though he's gone at the young age of 58.

RIP Alan, Such a shame you couldn't overcome your demons mate.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Punter likes this.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

I'll play this for Alan.
    It was his favourite song, I hadn't heard it before and he insisted one night many moons ago I listen to it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Punter likes this.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

98's a good innings Punt.
    I think we'd all settle for that so long as health prevailed.
    After sparking in a nursing home when I was younger, I've always said when the time comes I can't feed myself or wipe my own arse I want out.

Nothing has ever changed that opinion.
    Punter likes this.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

My Dads a big Jim Reeves fan Punt and I was brought up on box sets of him, Nat King Cole, Slim Whitman and Scott Walker lol.
    Racking my brains here to think of who made the boxset's:thinking
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Readers Digest, that's the one:thumb
  14. slick

slick Administrator

I actually nicked his Jim Reeves Box set and flogged it to an old gaffer of mine in work for a fiver when it was put out to roost in the sideboard for years.
    Hope he never reads this forum:lol
    Punter likes this.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Just remembered, he also had a Mario Lanza boxset and that was the one I flogged not Jim Reeves.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

This is probably my favourite Jim Reeves song because as a Kid it felt like some sort of nursery rhyme and we'd all sing and dance to it.

Punter likes this.
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

Sorry to hear about your brother in law Slick :frown

That's where me nan's at now. She was in pretty good health before xmas but has declined rapidly. We were starting to plan her 99th birthday just a couple of months ago.

I'm 54 this year and she still means the world to me. Her and me granddad used to take me to watch Hereford Utd in the 70's. There'd be regular attendances of around 9000 back then. I witnessed some of the best football hooliganism back then lol. Chelsea, Millwall, Cardiff and Wolves fans really scared the shit out of me but i couldn't wait for Saturdays to go watch some more. Wrong i know.
    slick likes this.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Sorry to hear that mate, I hope she makes a full recovery or the end is as peaceful as can be considering her age.

Sad as it may be at least you've had 54 years of her company which is fantastic and something to behold.
    I'm the same age as you near enough and all my grandparents were gone by the time I was 7 years old, I do have slight memories of them but nothing near enough that I know their character or personality to build upon.
    No doubt you have them in abundance Punt, don't feel sad but be thankful of the time you've had together.:thumb
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yeah you're absolutely right. I have been lucky.

I'm going to leave this right banger in here for her..

slick likes this.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

:thumb