1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Manchester City thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by slick, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

Man City's form v the top 6 teams has got to be a massive worry for their backers. Incredibly they've won the same amount of points in their games against the top 6 teams as Aston Villa have (3) - that's the team cut adrift at the bottom of the table and certainties to be relegated already, by the way. Admittedly Villa have played 2 games more but even so, these are the teams expected to finish top and bottom.

man city.png

Just 3 points from a possible 18 and not one win, such a poor return for a team who are favourites to win it. They are looking like flat track bullies, racking up wins against lesser teams but bottling it in the big battles at the top. Of course their remaining games v the top 6 are all at home but they've already lost to West Ham and Liverpool in front of their own fans.

Also those away games v the teams near the bottom, Bournemouth down to Newcastle are all going to be fighting desperately for points to try and stay up, could easily be more points dropped there. You have to go back 16 games and almost 4 months to October to find the last time City managed back-to-back wins in the league.

The fact is, this is the weakest Prem season ever and Man City should, with all their talent, be running away with it, yet they're not even top and have yet to beat a top 6 team in 6 tries.

At 6/5 I'd rather be a layer than backer.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  2. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Even Slick doesnt think City will win it. What a season this has been, I dont think anyone can pick the winner with any confidence.

Leicester have 1 game a week until the end of the season, and all the other challengers are in midweek European action in a week or so, and in Citys case a tough fa cup game, and carling cup final aswell, Leicester are very tempting to win the league at 5s.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Wait until tomorrow at half past two (or earlier) and you'll get 8 or 9 to one
    Punter likes this.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Leicester City are fucking up a lot of my Ante Post bets but i would still love to see them go on and win it.

What a great story for football that would be. Spurs winning it would be good for football too.

5 teams still in the chase, i wont rule any of them out, but if someone gave me a free bet i'd probably stick it on City.
  5. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

I can think of 4 Punt, whos the 5 in your reckoning?
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

The top 5

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a Mourinho announcement at Utd before the Chelsea game and for him to put another twist on the prem season yet.

Who's your 4?
  7. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Weve no chance at all, were 10 pts behind Leicester and will not pull that back.

I really fancy Leicester to win it, just because they have 1 game a week till the end of the season, i know when it gets to 6 games or so to go, the pressure really kicks in, and they might bottle it. Its just gut instinct really, im wary of Spurs especially, but dont think City will win it, they rely on Aguero so much, and he cant play every game, and Arsenal are Arsenal so theyve no chance.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Aguero is a huge player but I think you might be underestimating Iheanacho a little bit there. Bony and Sterling can win games also. Kompany and De Bruyne will be back in stages too.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Correct, I don't think the Foxe's will beat City but still, come the end of the season they will be in with a shout like I've previously mentioned, 1 game a week put's them well in with a chance.

5 teams are Leicester, City, Arsenal, Spurs, United, Just had a quick look @ odds checker and from a betting perspective lay City all day long @ near evens, we have no chance unless the other 4 teams totally fcuk up.

United at the moment are 40's @ Betfair, I don't think they will do it but on current form they will be there or there abouts and I'd expect those odds to half within the next couple of months, for the backers and layers Utd could prove a goldmine.

City's odds are just a Joke at the moment, I'm struggling to see how we'd finish 2nd or 3rd never mind win the bleeding thing.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well you can all fuck off. From now until the end of the season, I'm a City fan and I think they'll do it starting today and be level with Leicester at the end of next weekend with Spurs two points behind them. Those of you who have suddenly decided that Man United are good enough to launch a challenge really need to have a good look at the new government guidelines on recommended alcohol intake.

Can't wait for the game to start. This is the biggest game of my season so far and I'm more nervous than I've been about a game since my last local derby (which we lost - hope that's not an omen). Can't believe I'm saying this but a draw would not be the end for City. As I've said before, I see them unravelling against the lower, less attacking teams during the run. Whatever the result, the race is not done after today and if they do draw, I'll be banging more on City and laying more on Leicester.

Slick is right when he says City's price is an absolute joke but it has been all season (actually went down to under 2/5 at one stage with half the season to go - crazy). If anyone hasn't had a bet on the Premiership winner and wants one, the standout value bet is Spurs at 6/1 without a shadow of a doubt. If they happened to win today (which they should do) and beat City next week they will be half that price and whatever happens, given the pattern of top teams fucking up this season, they are likely to be a lot lower at some stage before the season ends. My predictor has them finishing just two points behind City (that's with a point for City today and three for Spurs, and then a draw between the two next week).

I'm starting to think that this title could actually be settled on goal difference.

COME ON CITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

By the way, if you think that City are a stupid price now, they are 11/10 to win NEXT year's Prem without a ball being kicked and without anyone knowing which players may or may not be coming in to each team.

Pep or no Pep it's fucking madness.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Fucking useless cunts. I resign as a Man City fan the useless bag of shit. Seen - you were right and I was talking like an utter twat

Fair play :hatsoff

I'm off to back city to win the Champions League:leaving
    slick likes this.
  14. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

9/4 to win it now
  15. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Unbelievable Jeff !!!

What a fucking result that is - wow
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Laid them again. As I said, it's not the attacking sides they'll struggle to score against as things get tense.
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

Looking forward to MOTD in 20 minutes.

WTF happened at Anfield this afternoon? Bad times on and off the pitch.

Leicester, no way!
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

lol - just watched the Liverpool game - was funny to see fans of both sides leaving early. there must have been pool fans in the pub taking about the three points when the news came in.

Moreno is a fucking liability and I've heard pool fans rating about Sahko - fuck me if that's the extent of their ambitions they may as well pack up . they're fucking shite
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

It's the worst defence i've ever seen there.

Whatever style of football Klopp is trying to encourage there, it wont work with the defenders we've got. There's no reliability, no strong pairings, no Hyppia or Carra. Including the keeper, they are a bag of shite. I like Flanagan but the rest are poor.

What's equally worrying is what's going on off the pitch. FSG are pricing the next generation of fan out of Anfield. They are also focusing more on making Liverpool a brand name than they are trying to achieve success on the pitch.

They have to fund a new £120M stand, the extra revenue from tickets expected to be £20M per season. 6 seasons before it's paid for itself.
    They expect the fans to pay too much to go support them, while continuing to make mistakes in the transfer market and in general football direction.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/06/liver...because-owners-would-only-pay-him-4k-5665538/
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

Not Man City news, but I thought I'd put it in here with all the Leicester talk...

Guus Hiddink has been Chelsea manager for 8 league games, so he needs 2 more before the market is settled on Betfair. He's understandably short (1.03) as he'll probably have to drop dead to not make the 10 games, but rather bizarrely Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri is being backed at 100/1 to get the job. Someone is currently trying to get £81 on at 220.0 - surely the true odds should be many thousands to one? Why the hell would he walk out on Leicester now to join Chelsea?

Free money if anyone has £18k in their betfair account they don't mind tying up for a couple of weeks :thumb :unsure