1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Manchester City thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by slick, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

What I meant to add, and forgot, was that I'm not ruling out City either (manchester that is). To me, Leicester are the least likely of the four to win it.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Less of the brackets, there's only one City.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

You might be the only team in Manchester at the minute mate but when it comes to winning the league, there's only one City being talked about and it's not your lot . that's why I thought I'd better clarify:wasnme
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

I've got a canny book on the title race as I'm on Spurs @ 8.8 (now 3.3), Leicester @ 4.6 (now 2.96) and Man City @ 9.2 (now 8.0).

Now is the time to back Man City - they are 15/2 (only 8.0 on Betfair) and with their next two games being against Villa (h) and Norwich (a), who are the worst 2 teams in the league, their odds look certain to be considerably shorter by next weekend.

Man City's record v top 8 teams is unbelievably poor (just 3 points from a possible 33) but they very rarely slip up against the mid-to-bottom teams...

m city.JPG

They are 1/5 to beat Villa tomorrow (whose defending midweek was as bad as you'll see in this league) and City average more than 3 goals a game at home v teams 9th down. Spurs play Arsenal so at least one of the top 3 will drop points and I can see Watford causing Leicester some problems, as for a mid-table team their defence has been excellent of late (110011001).

15/2 will become 6/1 or less tomorrow night.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

I think people are starting to click on about Man City - now just 7.8 on Betfair yet still 15/2 at bookies and far more money lining up to back than lay.

I think they'll shorten up again even before they play as Spurs or Arsenal or both will drop points.
  6. Seen

Seen Moderator

Man City now 6.6 before they've even played.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I wouldn't put a penny on them unless they got a goalkeeper. A Premier League winning team needs a keeper who will save them more points than he costs them. Joe Hart is a fucking clown.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

I cant help but feel Utd have got a good head start on City already. The video didn't fill me with huge confidence (although i accept it was with Noel Gallagher) and i get the feeling Pep will need to learn the PL, fast.
    Mourhino has been working on Utd's plan for a few months longer.

I bet City get Suarez as some point too!

Hope i'm wrong on both counts.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

I wouldn't be surprised if both Utd and City win nothing next season while going through the change:unsure
    Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs will all be up there, Leicester will struggle because CL and midweek games are now on their agenda and I expect Everton to improve greatly under Koeman.

At the moment City don't have enough players to play the Guardiola way, especially in defence and like ODM mentions Hart costs us 7 or 8 points a season, that handicap before a ball is kicked needs addressing.
  11. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Im not making any predictions for this season, but your 1st paragraph is probably how the bookies see it, Utd have gone from 11/2 to 7/2 to win the league in the space of 3 weeks, and could be favourites by the time the season starts.
    Punter likes this.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Bet Victor are going a massive 6/5 for Utd to win any major trophy this season. Unbelievable price imo. I'd of thought more like 1/3 on.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I see it on oddschecker Punt but can't find the fucker on the vc website so fuck em, I won't bother. God knows why the cunts make things so difficult to find if they want your money off you.
    Punter likes this.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

I bet it ain't 6/5 now.

I'm looking forward to the season starting now because it should be the most open season ever, If Leicester spoil it by winning again I'll be mightily upset:wink

This is the only season in my life where I wouldn't be confident of picking a 1,2,3 in any order or any of them winning the league.

I'm tempted to start laying teams as soon as they go odds on.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

For those with BT Sport Man City v Bayern friendly starting shortly on BT sports 1
  16. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

17. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good choice.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

slick likes this.
  19. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

As all members should be made aware if they are not already I will not be creating any new threads due to past incidents.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm not really sure why "All members should be made aware" What makes you think anyone gives a fuck what your posting intentions are? Unless you intend not to post at all of course. Then they'd give a fuck.