1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

THE NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by Pete89, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

NFL Starts tomorrow will Dallas @ NY Giants. There no deal with Sky yet for this season worryingly so might need to consider purchasing a game pass in time for next Thursdays Chicago v Greenbay match

Odds:
    NYG 1.51
    DAL 2.88

Spread:
    NYG -4 @2.02
    DAL+4 @ 1.92

My First bet of the season will be Giants -4 with pinnacle
  2. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Just an update to say a deal has been agreed with Sky Sports and tomorrows game will be live
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Sky deal announced. 3 year deal with over 60 live games.
  4. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Dallas won by 7 in the opener.

Heres my picks for sunday for small stakes:

Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets, Half pt to win at 2.31, half pt +2.5 at 2.1, both with Pinnacle
    Miami Dolphins @ Houston Texans, +11.5 at 2.0 (Pinnacle)
    New England Patriots @ Tennessee Titans, -5 at 1.926 (Pinnacle)
    Philadelphia Eagles @ Cleveland Browns, +9.5 at 1.97 (Pinnacle)
    St Louis Rams @ Detroit Lions, -7 at 2.0 (Betfred/Tote)
    Washington Redskins @ New Orleans, -7.5 at 2.07 (Pinnacle)
    Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, -1.5 at 1.91 (Skybet)
    San Francisco 49ers @ Green Bay Packers. +5.5 at 1.91 (Skybet)
    Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals, half pt to win at 2.26 (Pinnacle) half pt +2.5 at 2.01 (188bet)
    Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos half pt to win at 2.11, half pt +2 at 1.94 (Both Pinnacle)
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

At least you won't have the mighty Raiders to play this Year Pete ( Unless we meet in the Superbowl of course ) Obviously with Oakland for the SB and would not need a massive turnaround for them to make it to the playoff's. Interesting start for GB tonight and Chicago could get a nice cushion if they win in Week 2.
  6. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Well Luck was not on the colts side tonight (Do you see what I did there?) as Chigago got off to a nice start, made even sweeter by Green Bay losing to 49ers.

Going to be interesting to see how the Broncos get on with Payton at the helm.
  7. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

lost a bit yesterday. Tonight I'm on Chargers at 2.05
  8. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Big game for the Bears (+6) tonight at Green Bay. I think the spread is about right with my non-partisan hat on so not betting.

Hopefully though the Bears pump them!
  9. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

If you can have a " big " game in Week 2, then this is it. Obviously does not guarantee anything, but a 2 game cushion on a big rival is always useful.

If you do want a " fun " bet on the game Pete, then Bet365 ( don't know about anyone else ) offers a scorecast on the game ( First TD scorer and Margin of victory ) Huge odds are available ans the Min stake is 10p. I have gone with the Bears ALSHON JEFFREY and CHICAGO by 19-24 ( 270/1 ), 25-30 ( 550/1 ) and 31-36 ( 1050/1 ). Also gone with JOHN KUHN of the Pack with the same winning margins in their favour.
  10. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Wow those are pretty insane odds. Sadly I've no dosh in 365 atm and still waiting on my withdrawal from yesterday hitting my skrill account, just checked where I do have cash (pinny, sky and laddys) all with no luck. Oh well
  11. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

4/12 on week one for -4.14 pts
    Bets for the Sunday Games

Arizona Cardinals @ New England Patriots -13.5 at 1.962 (Pinny)
    Cleveland Browns @ Cincinnati Bengals + 7 at 1.943 (Pinny)
    Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars +7 at 1.91 (general)
    Minnesota Vikings @ Indianapolis Colts Half at 2.44, Half +3 at 1.952 (Both Pinny)
    New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers -2.5 at 1.926 (Pinny)
    Oakland Raiders @ Miami Dolphins Half at 2.2 (Skybet /Bet365, Half +1.5 at 2.02 (Pinny)
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New York Giants -7 at 1.952 (Pinny)
    Dallas Cowboys @ Seattle Seahawks Half at 2.7 (YouWin), Half +3 at 2.13 (Pinny)
    New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers +5.5 at 1.91 (General)
    Tennessee Titans @ San Diego Chargers -6 at 1.91 (Skybet)
    Detroit Lions @ San Francisco 49ers -7 at 2.04 (Pinny)
  12. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Nice little turn last ngith over 5 pts profit, season so far is +1.25

Tonight is Denver Broncos at Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta -3 @ 1.99 with Pinny
  13. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Last week +6.382 pts, 6/11, 55%
    Season to date: +2.24pts, 10/23, 43%

Week 3:

New York Giants @ Carolina Panthers half at 2.3 (Boylesports) and half +2.5 at 2.04 (Pinnicle)
  14. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Another win on Thursday takes me to a total profit of 3.41pts, 11/24, 46%

Tommorrow:
    Buffalo Bills @ Cleveland Browns half at 2.3 (Marathon/Panbet) half +2.5 at 2.02 (Pinnacle)
    Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts half at 2.6 (SMarkets) half +3 at 2.0 (William Hill)
    New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins half at 2.22, half +1 at 2.16 (Both Marathon)
    San Francisco 49ers @ Minnesota Vikings -6.5 at 1.96 (Pinnacle)
    Kansas City Chiefs @ New Orleans Saints -8.5 at 2.01 (Betfair)
    Detroit Lions @ Tennessee Titans -3.5 at 1.99 (Marathon)
    Houston Texans @ Denver Broncos -3 at 2.1 (Bodog)
    Pittsburgh Steelers @ Oakland Raiders -4.5 at 2.09 (Pinnacle)
  15. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Had a few bad results last night. Miami, Detroit and Pittsburgh were especially tough to take.

Tonights pick:
    Green Bay Packers @ Seattle Seahawks half at 2.7 (Boylesports), half at +3 at 2.11 (Pinnacle)

Season so far: -0.19pts, 13/33, 39%
  16. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Personally I enjoyed the Pittsburgh result and always confident when Janikowski is standing over a game winning kick. Not a bad set of results in the NFC North either, although the re - emergence of the Vikes, poses problems for the Bears. Definitely looks the toughest division this Year.
  17. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

haha I thought you might have, I checked the scores at FT in the bears game worked out I was a few points up then went to the toilet, came back and I'd made a loss.

last nights farcical touchdown not only landed my Seattle bet kept the bears at the top of the NFC North so a great error by the replacement refs for me
  18. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

These ref's are fine by me. Last Year the Raiders ( once again ) were the most penalised team in the league and in Week one they conceded 15 penalties. Three weeks in this Year and we have only given up 14. Not all plain sailing of course, as how the big hit on Darrius Heyward - Bey was not flagged I shall never know. The calls on National TV on Sunday and Monday night have put this issue right to the top and I would expect movement from the NFL
  19. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Whats your thoughts on the BBC coverage Samoan?

I found it less unbearable this week, but I've been unable to watch the full thing the past 2. They really need to put together some sort of commentary (Mike +1)
  20. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Watched both Week one Monday Night game's live and by the end of it, I was getting bored with the same old stats and scores being put up on screen. The sport ( with all its natural breaks ) lends itself to analysis like no other and a couple of guys in studio is surely not much to ask. One thing which did puzzle me, is why MNF is on the red button in the first place. I mean there is precious little high quality programming on in the day, so bumping a couple of shows out of graveyard slots is not gonna affect many viewers.