1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ThunderCelt's Conference National Anteposts

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by ThunderCelt, Jun 8, 2013.

1. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

So, Aldershot have been accepted into the Conference National :) at today's AGM, albeit with a 10 point penalty :cry . Last year I made a few bob antepost on L2; now we're confirmed as Conference members I'll see if I can do the same here. 3,000 very small units bank as I don't know the league so this is largely for interest.

Two opening bets, both with BetVic:

Aldershot Bottom 4 finish, 50 units, 6/1
    Aldershot Bottom half finish, 70 units, 4/5

Edit to report I got in just in time - both prices now slashed.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck TC :thumb

Obviously you wont mind getting those two wrong. Any thoughts on who might go well this season? Potential winners?
  3. ThunderCelt

Thanks Punter. Yes, I'll happily lose, but odds are shortening so I'm expecting to be able to hedge.

No idea on potential winners - Luton I suppose are a big club, and haven't Forest Green got a rich backer? Kiddy did well last year. Hereford :naughty ? What d'you reckon, with your season's experience?
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

At present there's nothing to suggest Hereford will have a good season, Bowman and Stam have left the club, two of our better players i'd say. Early days but I've seen no news to suggest our financial problems are sorted, nothing of yet to get optimistic about, maybe apart from season tickets have been slashed and sales are slightly up.

I've had a small punt on Luton and a small e.w punt on Lincoln City too, so far. Lincoln have had a couple of seasons in the BSP now and could be anything, maybe this seasons Grimsby lol. I just think the 50/1 looked a bit big really.
  5. ThunderCelt

Thanks Punter :thumb. Seeing as we're unlikely to trouble the top places I can wish Hereford luck :crossfingers

50 units on Luton to win, 5/1, Bet365
    50 units Forest Green to win, 5/1, Bwin
    Punter likes this.
  6. ThunderCelt

100 units Macclesfield to be bottom 4, 9/4, Sky.
  7. ThunderCelt

Not exactly Conference, but as it involves Conference clubs I'll include it here - Aldershot to win the FA Trophy at BetVic's 66/1, 10 units. We're mid-table at best, but the thinking on our message board is that by the time the competition gets going we'll be safe, so with nothing else to play for we might give this a go while some of the better sides might rest players.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Sound reasoning, TC. Good luck :thumb
  9. ThunderCelt

Aldershot top half finish, 7/4, BetVic, 46 units. I got them bottom half as well, so this ensures a profit. At the moment if we didn't have the points deduction and the season finished now we'd be fourth (although with an extra game) so at the very minimum I think we'll be okay.
  10. ThunderCelt

100 Units, Cambridge to finish top, Paddy, 16/5.
  11. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Bloddy Hell,when I saw this bet,Thundercelt,I thought PP had been late changing their odds* or whatever-ie I thought it was a mistake but Ive just checked......and now they are 10-3!!!

Of course they have a very tricky game on Tuesday but a home win would surely cement their credentials.

(Cement their credentials:unsure? I dont know if thats a cliche or gobbledygook.Congrats on your new book.Im gonna (speed)read it,TC, sometime this season:eek:)

*Funnily enough,Ive noticed this happen twice already this season-a bookie not changing the price following a game.

Bet 365 left Everton at 2s after the Chelsea win for 24 hours for example
  12. ThunderCelt

Grimsby to be promoted, 7/2, Bet365, 100 units. Sitting in the third play-off spot with one or two games in hand of the pack.
  13. ThunderCelt

32 units on Luton to be champions, 11/4, BetVic
  14. ThunderCelt

100 Units Andre Grey to goalscorer, 4/1, BetVic

Gray currently joint top with 12 (discounting the Macclesfield lad with 14 who's gone back to his parent club) and with Luton finding form I'd expect him to continue scoring. With Luton being one of the bigger clubs, and with a good chance of promotion, I also assume of the front runners he'd be one of the least likely to move on during the window.
    Punter likes this.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good shout TC, I'd been meaning to check his price out for while now.
  16. ThunderCelt

Hedging my Aldershot to win the Trophy bet - 20 units at 33/1 on Guiseley with BetVic. Guiseley are putting a bit of form together in Conference North - unbeaten in eight - and the draw is too much of a banana skin for me to ignore.
  17. ThunderCelt

150 units on Tamworth Bottom Four, BetVic, Evens
    50 units on Grimsby to win, 8/1, BetFred
  18. ThunderCelt

Lincoln to be bottom 4, 50 units, 5/1, BetVic. Slightly speculative, but the team is in a spiral at the moment. A losable game today at Grimsby, and with the two sides below them* playing tomorrow, they could be nearer the drop in a couple of days.

*Not including Aldershot, who are only in the mix due to their -10 and will :crossfingers be okay.
  19. ThunderCelt

Havant and Waterlooville to win the Trophy, 32 units, 20/1 Bet365
  20. ThunderCelt

Lee Gregory's midweek hat trick has dented my Andre Gray top goal scorer bet, so 228 units on Lee Gregory to goalscorer, 6/5, Bet365.