1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Trying Something Out ..

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Sean, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Saturday 19th November

1.10 Lingfield - Night Battle 10/1 (Hills)
    Like the look of Simon Crisfords NIGHT BATTLE in this one , although theres a few who look to hold chances imho , had been running well until she found a listed race at Yarmouth to hot for her last time out , but now back in calmer waters i think she can get back on track again. She's one from one over todays CD and makes her handicap debut here today off what looks to be a winnable mark. Trainer sends just this one to Leafy this afternoon and his stable seems to be going well , with a 33% strike rate over the past month. And i think that its worth noting that when he sends his runners to Lingfield he has a 26.4% strike rate in the past 5 years along with a profit of +14.56. And this season his strike rate at the track is currently 30% , so definatley worth taking notice of any runners he has here i think. Jockey David Egan in the hot seat for the first time and when he and the trainer have teamed up in the past 21 days they come away with a 50% strike rate. Like the trainer he seems to do well here at Lingfield with a 15.4% strike rate this season. Not a dead cert by any stretch of the imagination as like i said there looks to be a few who hold chances but i think Night Battle's chances are as good as any and at a decent price rates a punt.

2.20 Lingfield - The Defiant 8/1 (365)
    Another open looking race tbh but i fancy the chances of THE DEFIANT , whose rarely run a bad race round here with a record of 3 wins and a place from his 5 runs over todays CD. Ran no sort of race last time but before that was a solid second to the horse who won in his last time out race (Miss Nay Never , both at Chelmsford) , went without his usual cheekpieces last time and they're re applied today so im hoping that a much better showing could be on the cards. Trainer Daniel Steele sends just this one out today and i think thats worth taking note of given that he has an enviable 42.9% strike rate when sending runners to the course this season. Rhys Clutterbuck takes the steering job and he's got a win and 4 places from his 6 rides aboard the horse so knows him well enough. And he has a more than respectable 16.8% strike rate here this season. Looks to be decently drawn and should go well at a nice price.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    slick and ONEDUNME like this.
  2. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Night Battle a winner at 7.2. I managed to get 7s so thanks for that dude. :beer
    Sean likes this.
  4. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Your welcome :thumb
  5. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  6. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

November - To Date

15/11 .. Pockley 4/1 :thumb 1st 10/3
    15/11 .. Spartan Fighter 33/1 Lost
    15/11 .. Athollblair Boy 16/1 :thumb 1st 10/1
    18/11 .. Magicinthemaking 12/1 Lost
    19/11 .. Night Battle 10/1 :thumb 1st 7/2
    19/11 .. The Defiant 8/1 Lost

Bets 6
    Won 3
    EP +27.00
    SP +13.83
  7. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Nowt for Monday 21st November , and after making a short list Tuesday aint looking promising either tbh , but if anything makes the grade it'll be posted around 6ish the evening before
    ONEDUNME likes this.
  8. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Saturday 26th November

3.05 Newbury - Fanion D'estruval 25/1 (365,Hills,Coral,Lads) - Our Power 12/1 (Hills)
    I like the look of a couple in the Coral Gold Cup which as you'd expect looks to be a competitive affair , the first one that caught my eye was top weight FANION D'ESTRUVAL who is making his seasonal debut today , to be honest i'd of prefered it if he'd had a prep run beforehand but who am i to second guess Venetia Williams , who won this race last year with Cloudy Glen ?! .. I saw that he was entered in other races and that the trainer/connections had opted for this one and i really cant see the trainer running him if she honestly didnt think he had a chance. He's run well fresh in the past so the layoff isnt as off putting as it would be with some others .. 1st after 150 days off , 2nd after 322 days off , 4th after 220 days off , and 2nd after 57 days off so all things considered the lay off shouldnt be an issue. Has run well at the course before , two from three at Newbury , and has never tried the distance before which is a bit concerning but again i'll defer to the trainers greater knowledge of her own horses. Having claimer Lucy Turner on board isnt as issue for me , takes a valuable 5lb off and came second on her only ride on the horse to date (in a class 2 at Ascot at the beginning of the year) and she's impressed me with some of her rides tbh. Whether the horse gets the distance or not i dont know but given the horses credentials thus far i'd say that the 25s on offer is far too big to pass up. The other one i like is OUR POWER , who like the other selection is trying the trip for the first time , but has won over 3 miles and this looks well within his compass. One from one here at Newbury and made a very pleasing re appearance last time when winning the London Gold Cup at Ascot by 2 lengths. Sam TD in the saddle and he has 3 wins and 3 places from his 10 rides to date so obviously knows the horse well. Trainer Sam Thomas sends just this one to the meeting and he has a very respectable 25% strike rate when sending his runners here over the past 5 years along with a healthy profit of +£16.00. As i said a competitive affair but i like the chances of my pair.

5.20 Wolverhampton - You're Cool 10/1 (Hills)
    Derek Shaws YOU'RE COOL catches my eye in this , will obviously have to improve on his last run over CD when 9th , but didnt get a clear run although i doubt he'd of troubled the judges tbh , and he was coming back from 165 days off , hopefully that will have blown the cobwebs away and he'll be spot on for this. Trainer goes for just this one , as does the jockey , who has two wins and two places from her 5 rides to date on the horse . Horse has dropped a couple of grades from his last race which is more his level if im being honest and given the fact that he has 9 wins and 5 places from 31 runs over todays CD i think he could go well at a decent price.

7.50 Wolverhampton - Cailin Saoirse 7/2 (365) - Street Poet 16/1 (365)
    Two for me in this 7f handicap , first up is CAILIN SAOIRSE who broke her maiden tag in fine style by beating Lady Ziana by a length and a quarter over todays CD , she did that a shade cosily imho and was probably value for further , considering she stumbled at the startand i think there could be more to come. Its took a while and varying distances to find the key to her but i'm hoping that now she has that win under her belt theres more to come. Trainer sends just this one and has the able Taylor Fisher up for the first time. Should be making her presence felt at the business end if able to reproduce her form from that last race. The other one i like the look of is old stalwart STREET POET , who usually does well round here with 4 wins and 3 places from 15 runs over CD and 10 wins and 10 places from his 49 runs at Wolverhampton overall. So clearly knows his way round here. Trainer sends just the one and he has a 20% strike rate over the past 21 days. 5lb claimer Jonathon Taylor is on board and is 0 from 2 so far on the horse but i'm hoping that he can remedy that this evening.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    ONEDUNME likes this.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

750 the last ones :thumb
    Sean likes this.
  10. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Yep , cheers for pointing that out ONEDUNME :thumb
  11. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

SAMOAN likes this.
  12. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

November - To Date

26/11 .. Fanion D'Estruval 25/1 Lost
    26/11 .. Our Power 12/1 NON RUNNER
    26/11 .. You're Cool 10/1 Lost
    26/11 .. Street Poet 16/1 Lost
    26/11 .. Cailin Saoirse 7/2 :thumb 1st 5/2

Bets 10
    Won 4
    EP +27.50
    SP +13.33
    ONEDUNME likes this.
  13. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Monday 28th November

4.25 Wolverhampton - Percy Willis 8/1 (365) - Genesius 7/2 (Hills,Lads,Coral,BFred)
    Couple in this one caught my eye , first one is Mark Prescotts' GENESUIS , who arrives in fine fettle , having been second on his last two outings , last time was done by a short head (couple of weeks ago) , tad unlucky that day I thought and i think that the trainer will be out to remedy that fact this afternoon. Horse has won off higher than todays mark , and is only 1lb higher than his last run which i dont think will inconvenience him. Usually runs a solid race here at Wolverhampton , with a win and two places from his 4 runs here. As i said the trainer relies solely on this one today and lets be honest you have to respect any thing he runs and he's been amongst the winners of late with a 20% strike rate over the past 3 weeks. Jockey Morgan Cole eases the burden by taking off a valuable 7lb and he too comes here for just this one today. Has ridden the horse 9 times in total resulting in 2 wins and 3 places and he's been on the horse the last two times so i'm hoping he's eager to avenge the short head loss from last time as well. For me everything points to a decent run again from the Mark Prescott inmate. The other one I like is PERCY WILLIS whose been running well enough all year although his runs of late havent been as good for some reason , although did run a good race when second over CD on his penultimate run. He's another who rarely seems to run a bad race round here with a win and 5 places from his 8 outings over todays CD. Would have to improve on his last time out 5th at Newcastle , but returning to a course where he usually runs well should help matters and the draw aint too bad which wont hurt his chances either. Trainer sends just this one and PJ McDonald booked for the ride , 22% strike rate in the past 3 weeks , and has done well when riding at Wolverhampton with a 20% strike rate this season. Has ridden the horse before with 3 wins and a place from 10 rides. Not a sure fire thing by any stretch of the imagination but given his course record im prepared to take a chance at the current odds.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  14. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

15. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

November - To Date

28/11 .. Genesuis 7/2 Lost
    28/11 .. Percy Willis 8/1 Lost

Bets 12
    Won 4
    EP +25.50
    SP +11.33
  16. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Tuesday 29th November

1.00 Southwell - Ballinsker 16/1 (365) - Gemirande 11/4 (Hills)
    Couple in this catch my eye , first up is BALLINSKER , probbaly not the most obvious looking at the race but had been there or thereabouts earlier on this year before taking a break - 2,3,1,1,V,4,4 .. made his return to the track last time out and fell 2 out when going well and definatley in contention , so to me it could be that he's a winner waiting to happen , should be sharper now he's had that opener , maybe wishful thinking on my part but at the 16s on offer i'll take my chances. Trainer Evan Williams takes just this one to the meeting and he has a 12% strike rate over the past fortnight , whilst jockey Isabel Williams , who i think is good value for her 3lb claim , also goes for just this one. The fact that the trainer puts the cheekpieces back on today caught my attention and i can see him going close here today. The other one I like is current favourite GEMIRANDE , whose been in good form lately , not out of the first three in his last 4 races. Was a sound enough 2nd last time , that will have hopefully blown the cobwebs away so he's spot on for this today. Venetia Williams is a trainer i respect and she relies on just Gemirande today , and shes notched up a 21% strike rate over the past 2 weeks , Charlie Deutsch is in the hot seat and goes for just the one ride, has ridden the horse 7 times with 1 win and 4 places being the end result. Been riding well lately , not many winners but been there or thereabouts , since 24th November - 3,2,4,1,4. Fairly confident that he can make his presence felt and be fighting out the finish.

5.50 Wolverhampton - Court Of Session 5/2 (365,Hills)
    Some decent stables lining up in this one , and i'm gonna side with lto winner COURT OF SESSION , won at Chelmsford lto , beating All Are Mine by 2 lengths , but the manner in which he won suggests to me he could of won by further. Has placed on his only run at Wolverhampton , a novice stakes , but since then has won 3 from 3 in all weather handicaps. The fact that Simon Crisford sends just this one to the meeting caught my eye as he does well running them here , this season he has a 30.8% strike rate when sending runners to Wolverhampton , so anything he sends here warrants a second glance imho. And he's bang in form at the moment , his last 4 runners - 3,1,2,2 and in the past 21 days his strike rate is 36% so i think its safe to say he's in good form. Harry Burns in the saddle , and he rode the horse to victory last time (one from one on him) and he goes for just the one ride (18% strike rate past 3 weeks) , when he and the trainer have teamed up in the past three weeks they've notched up a 50% strike rate. Despite going up 5lb i just cant help thinking that Court Of Session hasnt finished improving , and that that rise aint gonna stop him going in again.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    ONEDUNME likes this.
  17. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  18. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

November - To Date

28/11 .. Genesuis 7/2 Lost
    28/11 .. Percy Willis 8/1 Lost
    29/11 .. Ballinsker 16/1 Lost
    29/11 .. Gemirande 11/4 :thumb 1st 11/4
    29/11 .. Court Of Sessions 5/2 Lost (2nd)

Bets 15
    Won 5
    EP +26.25
    SP +11.08
  19. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

September Fancies .. Bets 16 .. Won 4 .. EP +20.80 / SP +7.25
    October Fancies
    ... Bets 18 .. Won 2 .. EP +9.00 / SP -5.50
    November Fancies ... Bets 15 .. Won 5 .. EP +26.25 ./ SP +11.08

TOTALS .. Bets 49 .. Won 11 .. EP +56.05 / SP +12.83
    slick and rcgills like this.