1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Trying Something Out ..

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Sean, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

September .. Bets 16 .. Won 4 .. EP +20.80 / SP +7.25
    October
    ... Bets 18 .. Won 2 .. EP +9.00 / SP -5.50
    November ... Bets 15 .. Won 5 .. EP +26.25 ./ SP +11.08
    December
    .. Bets 27 .. Won 2 .. EP -14.50 / SP -21.20
    January .. Bets 31 .. Won 4 .. EP 0.00 / SP -8.30
    February .. Bets 33 .. Won 5 .. EP +1.83 / SP -8.75

TOTALS .. Bets 140 .. Won 22 .. EP +43.38 / SP -25.42
  2. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Disappointed with todays pair have to say .. slight profit on the EPs this month and a loss on the SPs , still nice to be showing a profit overall on the early prices , must do better though ! Few unlucky ones this month , a couple of the seconds got their heads in front and both totals would be showing a profit , hey ho thats racing .. oneards and upwards
  3. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Wednesday 1st March

3.45 Wincanton - Harlem Soul 12/1 (Hills,365)
    Trappy looking race where i quite like the look of the outsider (at the moment) of the field HARLEM SOUL. The main thing that catches my eye about him is the fact that hes two from two over this afternoons CD and as a whole his record is three wins and and a place from six runs at the course as a whole so obviously has a liking for it here. Has been a bit hit and miss since leaving Colin Tizzards for Syd Hosie tbh , won here on penultimate run over CD but ran a stinker lto here over 1m7 1/2f. Hopefully he can put in a better effort today now hes back to running over a distance where hes two from two. Trainer has just this one at the meeting and has a 14% strike rate over the past two weeks , and a 15.4% strike rate at the course this term. Jockey Jordan Nailor rides the horse for the first time and hes been in good form lately , has a 25% strike rate over the past fortnight and has a 23.3% strike rate at the course overall. I think he can outrun his odds and can hopefully go close at a decent price.

6.00 Kempton - Stately Home 8/1 (Lads,Coral)
    I like the look of joint top weight STATELY HOME in this , has been off course for 123 days which i admit is a slight concern , but has run well after a break before so not too concerned , and the fact that hes run well here before bolsters my confidence a bit. Has run over this evenings CD three times resulting in two places , and has won over the distance before which is a plus in my book. Was last seen (back end of last year) running on turf , and acquitted himself well , and this is a drop in class to his last race at Goodwood so im hoping for a solid run. Trainer Shaun Lycett runs just this one at the meeting and he has a 29% strike rate over the past three weeks , whilst Rossa Ryan gets the leg up on the horse for the first time and has been amongst the winners of late with a 15.9% strike rate over the past month , has an 11.4% strike rate at Kempton this term. If fit and ready to roll after the break he should be on the premises.

7.00 Kempton - Brunel Charm 6/1 (365) - Ring Of Gold 10/3 (365,Lads,Coral,BFred)
    Theres a couple in this that i want onside , first one is BRUNEL CHARM , who has a pretty good record here albeit with just one win to his name , has run at Kempton 11 times resulting in one win and six places (over CD thats five places from seven runs) so rarely runs a bad race here even tho hes only won that one race. Came back from a lay off lto and was only beaten 1/2 length by the bang in form Gosden horse Unforgotten. That was a good effort and i can see him coming on for that run and will be hopefully be in the firing line come the finish. Ethan Jones in the plate for the first time and he takes a valuable 7lb off which cant hurt the horses cause any , and is here for this one horse , as is the trainer Richard Hughes whose enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 30% strike rate over the past two weeks. Can see this one going very close this evening. The other one i like is RING OF GOLD , whose been holding his form well , last six races have produced figures of - 2,4,1,4,2,4. Was a decent fourth here to Satin Snake last time and usually runs a solid race over tonights CD , from 4 runs hes won twice and placed once. Jim Crowley rode him to his last victory (over CD , where he beat the re opposing Follow Your Heart) and hes in great form at the moment with a 40% strike rate over the past two weeks so it caught my eye that he comes here for just this one ride tonight. Trainer also here for this one and for me everything points to a decent run this evening.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    slick and ONEDUNME like this.
  4. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  5. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - March

Harlem Soul 12/1 Non Runner
    Stately Home 8/1 :thumb 1st 6/1

Brunel Charm 6/1 Lost
    Ring Of Gold 10/3 Lost (3rd)

Bets 3
    Won 1
    EP +6.00
    SP +4.00
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    slick and ONEDUNME like this.
  6. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Friday 3rd March

2.35 Doncaster - Pretending 5/4 (365,Hills,Lads,Coral)
    PRETENDING catches my eye in this Mares Handicap Hurdle , makes her handicap debut today on what looks to me a very winnable mark. Has run two decent races to date , third on her first start and then a decent second to Zestful last time out. Another factor is she werent half bad on the flat , being with Mark Prescott previously. Bryony Frost has ridden her on both outings and the fact that shes here for just this one stand out , over the past two weeks shes racked up a 30% strike rate and has a 25% when riding at Donny this season. Trainer Lucy Wadham knows the time of day and she too comes here for just this one , has a 29% strike rate over the past fortnight and like Bryony is doing well at the course this season with a 27.3% strike rate. When trainer and jockey have teamed up over the past three weeks they've notched up a 28% strike rate. Not usually my type of race to be honest , or my kind of price , but everything points towards a big run and i think she'll go bloody close to opening her account here.

3.00 Lingfield - Tyger Bay 6/1 (365) - Embour 20/1 (365)
    Open looking 6f handicap where a case could be made for any number of the runners to be honest , but ive sided with two who i think can go well at decent prices. The first one is TYGER BAY who rarely runs a bad race round here , over CD his figures read - 4,1,1,1,3,4 so always there or thereabouts and i honestly cant see any reason why he shouldnt be again today. Was a solid fourth over 6f at Kempton lto but im expecting (and hoping for) a better showing now hes returning to a course he obviously likes. Will Carver in the plate and he has a win and a place from his 4 rides , here for just this one and he takes a helpful 3lb off the horses back. Trainer also here for the one horse , and he has a respectable 20% strike rate here at Leafy this term. If running his race should be in the mix. The other one i like is EMBOUR who i think can go well at a nice price. Won here on his penultimate run , beating Silky Wilkie by a head , that one won next time out by 3 lengths at Kempton (beating Tolstoy , who lines up in this) , that race was over 5f but he has won over todays distance before. Was plumb last lto but i dont think that can be held against him , i just think he didnt handle the step up in class to a class 2. Think he'll be seen in a better light now back in a class 3 , or i hope so anyway , where hes proven. Lewis Edmunds in the hot seat for the first time and hes been riding well lately with an 18% strike rate over the past two weeks , hes here for this one alone , as is trainer Ruth Carr , whose one i always look at in these types of races , has a 100% strike rate here this term and when she and Lewis Edmunds have paired up over the last 21 days theyve come away with a 100% strike rate. At the price im more than happy to give this one a chance.

4.40 Lingfield - Bashful Boy 6/5 (365) - Carzola 5/2 (Lads,Coral)
    Four runner race which i usually avoid like the plague but im hoping that one of the two ive gone for in this can reward me with a winner. First up is BASHFUL BOY who comes into this on the back of a 5 length demolition job over CD lto , carries a 4lb penalty for that success but looking at the way he won im not sure that thats enough to stop him following up here. David Pipe only has this one at the meeting and the fact that he has Jamie Spencer booked on whats his sole ride of the day looks as tho he means business. Trainer has a 25% SR over the past 3 weeks , and hes done well at Leafy this season with a 33% strike rate. Jamie Spencer has a 27.3% strike rate over the past month , and he too is doing well at Lingfield this season with a 37.5% strike rate. Should go close in the follow up attempt.The other one i like is CARZOLA , who was only beaten 1/2 length last time here over 1m5f , should appreciate this step up to 2m. She wore first time blinkers last time and those have been retained here this afternoon. Rossa Ryan has ridden her the last twice , 3rd and 2nd , and has been riding well of late (as ive pointed out before) 17% Strike rate over the past four weeks and a 17.8% strike rate here this season. Trainer Ralph Beckett brings just this one to the meeting and has been bang in form with a 50% strike rate over the past three weeks and when he and the jockey have joined forces over the same period they have a 66% strike rate. Should go well and be in the firing line come the business end.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    slick likes this.
  7. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

8. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - March

Brunel Charm 6/1 Lost
    Pretending 5/4 Lost (2nd)
    Embour 20/1 Lost
    Tyger Bay 6/1 Lost
    Bashful Boy 6/5 Lost (2nd)
    Carzola 5/2 :thumb 1st 5/1

Bets 8
    Won 2
    EP +4.50
    SP +5.00
    slick likes this.
  9. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Saturday 4th March

1.15 Kelso - Bill Baxter 7/2 (365,Hills,Lads,Coral)
    I like the look of BILL BAXTER in this one despite the fact that Sholokjack looks to be a pretty decent favourite , won his last race well but i think the hike in the weights could well prove his undoing (famous last words !) and im hoping the one that takes advantage of that is the selection. Since having wind surgery Bill Baxter looks to have improved in leaps and bounds imo , won on his first race back after surgery , and followed that up with another win over todays CD , was going well last time and held every chance imo when falling four from home , so i think they'll be looking to make amends for that here today. Looks to be a horse on an upward curve to me and i think that last time fall can be forgotten and forgiven and if none the worse for it i think he'll be giving a good account of himself here. Going shouldnt be a problem as hes gone well on it before (won and placed). Sean Bowen in the plate for the first time and he has a 16.3% strike rate over the past month and when riding at Kelso he has a 25% strike rate overall. Trainer Warren Greatrex is a trainer I rate and he brings just this one to the meeting today and he has a 17% strike rate over the past three weeks , and he seems to do well when running em at Kelso with a strike rate of 36.4% over the past 5 years , and this season he has a SR of 50% here. Think the horse can go well and should give the favourite something to think about.

7.30 Wolverhampton - Bascinet 5/1 (365,Hills,Lads,Coral)
    Few look to hold chances in this one but you cant fault BASCINET for his consistency so i'm going to go with him to come out on top here this evening. Since October the horse hasnt been out of the first three home , thats some going when you think about it - 2,2,3,2,3,1,1,2,3 and given hes run well here before (two places from two runs) i honestly cant see any reason why he should run is race once again. Trainer Eve Johnson Houghton only brings this one to the course , and jockey Mia Nicholls also here for just this one ride , eases the burden by taking off a valuable 7lb and has ridden the horse before resulting in two wins and two places from her five rides. Think he can go close tonight.

8.30 Wolverhampton - Pessoa 7/1 (Lads,Coral) - Hooflepuff 20/1 (365)
    Like the look of a couple in this one , to be honest it looks a wide open contest to me , but i think my pair can hopefully do themselves justice. First one is PESSOA who seems to have found a new lease of life since joining Adrian Wintles yard back in December of last year , in his four races to date - 1,2,3,1 and three of them races have been here at Wolverhampton. He won here last time out , comfortably beating Inexplicable by a length and a quarter and theres every chance he could follow up here. Overall at the course he's never been unplaced with two wins and a place from his three runs. To be honest given his recent form i was surprised to see the 7/1 on offer , thought he'd be shorter than that. Finley Marsh here to ride this one and he has a place and a win form his two rides on the horse , has a 25% strike rate over the past fortnight and does quite well here with a 15.4% strike rate this term. Trainer sends just this one out to the meeting and he has an 11% strike rate in the past three weeks. If running his race i think he'll be a threat to all. The other one i like the look of is HOOFLEPUFF , who at 20/1 just looked to big a price to ignore given his liking for it here at Wolverhampton .. 5 wins and 4 places from 11 runs over CD and 9 wins and 6 places from 26 runs overall at the course so theres no denying he acts round here. Hasnt been in the best of form in his last few races if im being honest but you couldnt honestly discount his chances round here , has won off higher than todays mark and the fact that Kevin Stott takes the ride for the first time caught my eye. Trainer has just this one out and i think he could go well at a decent price.

3.25 Newbury - Black Poppy 5/1 (Hills,Lads,Coral)
    Last years winner BLACK POPPY appeals to me in this , a very consistent sort he ran a stinker last time out when a very poor 7th when reverting to hurdles after he'd made a decent start to his chasing career on his penultimate run when second. That last time out seventh was a bit of an anomaly tbh as he very rarely runs a bad race , since he started his record reads - 1,F,3,4,2,1,1,2,2,7 so i can only assume he had an off day , hopefully he'll be back on track here and do himself justice in the defence of his crown. Jockey Brendan Powell gets on well with the horse (was the jockey when he won this last year) , has had six rides on the horse winning three of them and placing in a further two , comes here for this one ride, Trainer Kerry Lee also here for just this one and has a 33% strike rate over the past three weeks. Think he'll give a good account of himself today.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    Punter likes this.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Great stuff again Sean and lovely write up:thumb
    Sean and Punter like this.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck Sean, especially with Black Poppy. Great write up.
    slick and Sean like this.
  12. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Cheers Slick , Punter :thumb Hopefully can come out ahead tomorrow .. enjoy doing the write ups tbh , and if i can help find a winner and make a profit its all good
    Kegman, slick and Punter like this.
  13. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  14. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - March

Brunel Charm 6/1 Lost
    Pretending 5/4 Lost (2nd)
    Embour 20/1 Lost
    Tyger Bay 6/1 Lost
    Bashful Boy 6/5 Lost (2nd)
    Carzola 5/2 :thumb 1st 5/1
    Bill Baxter 7/2 :thumb 1st 7/2
    Bascinet 5/1 :thumb 1st 9/2 (20p R4 on EP)

Pessoa 7/1 Lost (3rd)
    Hooflepuff 20/1 Lost
    Black Poppy 5/1 Lost (3rd)

Bets 13
    Won 4
    EP +9.00
    SP +10.00
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  15. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Nowt for Sunday 5th March
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Well done Sean! Bill Baxter did superbly well to fight off the challenge there. Well done with Bascinet too
    Sean likes this.
  17. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Cheers Punter , yeah a decent day overall .. shame Black Poppy could only manage third tho (and Pessoa) . You're right BB showed some grit and fighting spirit to get the win
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:thumb I do like a horse that shows a bit of grit
    Sean likes this.
  19. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Monday 6th March

2.05 Wetherby - Chris Cool 5/1 (365) - Fever Roque 4/1 (365)
    Couple in this one stood out for me , first one is CHRIS COOL , who was second here last time out , looking at that race i think he'll appreciate and benefit from the drop in trip , and i expect him to be in the thick of things come the finishing line. Jockey gets the leg up for the first time , and his 3lb claim wont hurt the horses chances , has a 33% strike rate over the past two weeks , and when riding for the trainer in the same period has figures of - 3,1 , has a 25% strike rate when coming here this season. Trainer only sends this one to the course today and has a 36% strike rate in the past fortnight , and when sending his runners here this season he has an enviable 38.5% strike rate. When the trainer and jockey have teamed up over the past three weeks they have a 20% strike rate. The other one i like is FEVER ROQUE , who also has a place from his one outing here , since coming back from a lay off he seems to be holding his form well with figures of - 3,F,3,2 .. has won and placed from his two runs over the distance so that shouldnt be a problem. Trainer Rebecca Menzies knows the score and this is her only runner on the card , has a 16% strike rate in the past two weeks , jockey Aaron Anderson in the plate for the first time and have to admit i dont really know much about him but if hes good enough for the trainer then thats good enough for me. Should go well.

4.55 Wolverhampton - Glorious Charmer 7/2 (365)
    A whole host of these come into the race in form , and one of those , GLORIOUS CHARMER , is the one i'm going to side with. Since returning from a break back in November '22 he's only been out of the placings once and that was in his comeback race - 7,2,2,3,1,1,2 .. so been holding his form very well , and should continue to do so here. Was a 1/2 length second to the re opposing Astrophysics last time out , but i'm hopeful that he can turn that form around here this afternoon , that was over 5f here at Wolverhampton , and all his races have been here since his return (all bar one of those (which was over todays CD) have been over 5f. Always seems to run a sound race here at Wolverhampton , from 24 runs in total hes won 4 and placed in a further 11 , whilst over CD hes won 2 and placed in 6 from 15 runs. Trainer runs just this one this afternoon and he has an 18% strike rate over the past three weeks , and has a 22.2% here this season . Jockey Aiden Keeley also here for just the one , and he seems to have struck up a solid partnership with the horse with 4 wins and 3 places from his 8 rides to date. He too has been doing well here this term with a 28.6% strike rate and his 5lb claim will come in handy. All things considered , its an open race but i think the selection can give a good account of himself and go close.

3.50 Wetherby - Jet Legs 9/2 (365)
    A few of these look to hold chances in all honesty but JET LEGS was the one that caught my eye. Is yet to win a race but has run some sound races in defeat , has come second on his last two starts , and his last time out run is looking pretty good now that the winner Apple Away won a listed race by 4 3/4 lengths at the weekend. Has been pretty consistent all season so i think its only a matter of time before he gets his head in front , and im hoping that Martin Todhunter has found him an opening to find that first win. Has placed on only run at the course , coming second on penultimate run. Trainer sends just the one to the meeting whilst Theo Gillard gets the leg up for the first time , hes been riding well lately with a 36% strike rate over the past fortnight. If he comes into this in the same sort of form hes been in the last two or three races then i can see him being bang there , and hopefully breaking his duck.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  20. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member