1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Trying Something Out ..

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Sean, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Saturday 27th August

2.25 Goodwood - Lyndon B
    2.45 Newmarket - Strawberry Belle
    3.25 Cartmel - Sinndarella**
    3.50 Newmarket - Soapy Stevens
    5.29 Beverley - Dandys Angel**
    6.10 Cartmel - First Quest
    7.50 Redcar - Isle Of Dreams

Fancies ..
    6.10 Cartmel - First Quest 8/1 (365)

A few come into this race with chances but its a winnable race and i like the look of Neil Mulhollands FIRST QUEST , doesnt come into this in sparkling form it has to be said but did win this race from a 2lb lower mark last year , one from one over todays CD . The trainer and jockey combination of Mullholland and Thomosina Eyston both come here for this one horse this evening and given their current form , 66% strike rate over the past 3 weeks , this caught my eye. Jockeys claiming a valuable 10lb and this can only aid the horses chances. She's been flying of late , with a 66.7% strike rate over the past month which says to me she's proving to be good value for her claim. Mulholland himself has a 15.2% SR over the same period coming away with a 20 point profit to a point stake , he also has a 20% strike rate at the course. Redwood Queen and Beeno would be my idea of the main dangers but given the form of the trainer/jockey and at the current 8/1 with 365 i think First Quest could provide a decent run at a decent price.

7.50 Redcar - Isle Of Dreams 11/4 (365)
    Declan Carrolls' ISLE OF DREAMS comes into this in flying form , winning her last two , last time out over todays CD by 3/4 length , but that could of been more imho , and a 4lb rise for that win may well not be enough to stop her following up and achieving the three timer. That last time out run was her first attempt at 6f and she seemed to win a shade cosily so it could be that theres more to come over this trip. Jockey Zak Wheatley has ridden her 9 times resulting in three wins and a place and this season has a 33.3% strike rate at Redcar along with a very healthy looking +42 point profit , and he comes here for just this one this evening. Trainer D Carroll seems to do well here at Redcar , over the past 5 years he's showing a 16% strike rate along with a profit to a point stake of +54.25 , so the fact that he sends just this filly here tonight could well be worth taking note of.
  2. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Just joined you on Soapy Stevens at 7's
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Cashed out just over 3 times stake on Soapy Stevens, so cheers for that. Must admit I thought he was going well enough to win, but the 2 rivals were also going ok.
    Sean likes this.
  4. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

5. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Running Totals
    Method Bets -3.67
    ** Bets +2.00

Fancies +1.00
  6. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Sunday 28th August

1.50 Goodwood - Atalanta's Boy**
    2.05 Beverley - Grifter**
    3.45 Beverley - Muatadel
    4.45 Goodwood - Luna Magic / Gert Lush
    5.30 Beverley - Bit Of A Quirke

Any fancies posted later
  7. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

8. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Running Totals
    Method Bets -3.67
    ** Bets +1.50

Fancies -1.00
  9. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Monday 29th August

2.33 Ripon - Make A Prophet
    2.45 Southwell - Mogilevich
    2.56 Chepstow - Clashaniska
    3.50 Epsom - Fast Steps / Captain Haddock
    5.00 Epsom - Intercessor
    5.05 Southwell - Dylans Lad
  10. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

No fancies today , did seriously look at Fast Steps and Captain Haddock who i think can go well / close here but as its an amateur race decided to leave it alone .. also had a good look at Ardera Cross / Glan y Gors in the 2.50 Cartmel , but i just kept dithering and couldnt make my mind up but again , i think either of em could go close
  11. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

No winners just a couple of thirds
  12. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Was gonna wait until September but i think the starred (best bets) would be the way to go with this i think , since the 18th August theres been 9 best bets resulting in 3 winners (4/1 , 4/1 and 12/1 at SPs) which would of resulted in a 14 point profit to a point stake. So from 1st September i will only be posting those up along with any fancied runners along with a write up (or f**k up if it loses !)
    ONEDUNME likes this.
  13. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Tuesday 30th August

System - No bets today

Fancies ...
    5.50 Carlisle - Hurt You Never 6/1 (365)
    HURT YOU NEVER
    has hardly put a foot wrong since returning to action this year , has held her form remarkably well - 5,3,1,2,1,3,4,5 so has been there or thereabouts in every race this term and two of those have been over todays CD , a win and a third , and Laura Coughlan who gets the steering job today has ridden her on every start this year so obviously knows and gets on with the horse , given the results. She has a 27.3% strike rate at the course this season and a tidy profit of +£8.50. Trainer Adrian Nicholls sends just this one to the meeting and i think its worth noting given the horses form (and CD form to date). He has a 16% strike rate over the past 3 weeks which isnt to be sniffed at and although theres a few that look to hold chances i think that if Hurt You Never runs her race then she'll be in the firing line.

5.15 Carlisle - Glorious Rio 9/1 (365) - Golden Rainbow 17/2 (Hills,Lads,BetFred)
    Like the look of two in this handicap , first up is GOLDEN RAINBOW , was a solid second here lto (only run here to date) after a 71 day lay off and will hopefully come on for that initial outing so hopefully better can be expected today , has won and placed in two attempts at the distance. Equipped with a visor again and has placed both times he's worn it. Trainer comes here for just this one runner and he has a 27.3% strike rate over the past month , with a healthy +£14.00 profit to boot. Barry McHugh also comes here for just this ride , although he has a ride at Ripon earlier on , and in the past three weeks the pair have teamed up once with the result being a winner so that caught my eye. McHugh has a 17% strike rate in the past 21 days and has a 20% SR at Carlisle this season. Can't see them being far away if the horse is on song. GLORIOUS RIO is the other one i like the look of , has a win and a place from 3 runs at the course and has won 5 and placed twice from 17 runs over todays distance. So the CD shouldnt be a problem , trainer only sends this one out today and the jockey won on him on his penultimate run , winning by 3 lengths in a lady riders handicap making it a win and a place from her three starts aboard the horse. Was a decent enough 4th lto and was doing his best work towards the end of the race , this slight drop in class may well help his chances. Like Golden Rainbow should make his presence felt and shouldnt be far away come the finishing line.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    slick and ONEDUNME like this.
  14. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

SAMOAN likes this.
  15. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Well decent enough winner in Glorious Rio , shame about the rule 4 though , gotta say disappointed with the other pair though , especially Hurt You Never who only managed 5th , and had been backed into 11/4 favourite . Can't grumble though , onto Wednesday ..
  16. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Wednesday 31st August

**Bets

1.20 Southwell - Jack Ryan
    1.40 Wolverhampton - Blazon
    2.20 Southwell - Resilience
    4.00 Lingfield - Decora

6.25 Hamilton - Coco Jack 6/4 (365,Hills)
    COCO JACK comes into this in fine form , winning three times already this season (one of those over todays CD) and was 3/4 length 4th to Prairie Falcon in what looked to be a decent Goodwood nursery last time out. Trainer George Scott has a 21% strike rate over the past 3 weeks and sends just this one on the long shlep to Hamilton , he has one other runner out today - at Lingfield , and i think its worth taking notice of as he's had 4 winners from 5 runners at the track in the last 5 years giving an eyewatering 80% strike rate along with a profit of +£11.75 and that strike rate improves to 100% this season where he's currently two from two , so anything he sends up to Hamilton warrants close inspection and respect imho. Ben Curtis is in the plate and he's been riding well of late showing a 20% SR over the past three weeks and he too seems to do well at Hamilton , over the last 5 years he is showing a 24.1% strike rate (and a profit of +£8.07) , and like the trainer if you concentrate on this season alone that improves to a 36.8% strike rate , and a profit of +17.00 .. everything points to a big run and i can't see him being far away.

6.10 Worcester - Imperial Knight 8/1 (365)
    I'm probably mad going against the sh*t hot favourite The Turtle Said (who was also on my shortlist) but i think if fully wound up IMPERIAL KNIGHT may well be able to give him a run for his money here , or i'm hoping so anyway. The only CD winner in the race he made a decent enough return to action after (a little over) 300 days lay off on his penultimate run in a 3m 2 1/2f handicap hurdle at Stratford , was showing up well enough until around 2 out and then started labouring , coming a respectable 5th in the end , beaten by Liffeydale Dreamer who has gone in again since. He followed that up last time out with a length and a half victory over The Vollan in a 2m7f novice chase here at Worcester. Admittedly that was a 2 runner affair , but you can only beat whats in front of you cant yer ?! .. Now returning to hurdles over the same distance i think he can go well and hopefully give the favourite something to think about , he's on a potentially decent mark today and seems to like it here with two wins and a fourth from his three runs , the wins were lto and a 15 length demolition job back in September '21. Ben Pauling has just this one out today and he's got a 41.7% strike rate over the past month , and maybe worth noting that when he's sent his runners to Worcester this season he's got a 42.1% strike rate. Kielan Woods is two from three on the horse and he too is enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 33.3% strike rate , and he's riding well here this season with a more than respectable 25% strike rate. The Turtle Said look a worthy favourite , and a few others look to hold chances as well , but all things considered i'm happy enough to come down on the side of Imperial Knight at a decent price.
    slick likes this.
  17. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  18. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

So the starred bets have ended up 12 bets , 3 winners +9.00 Points to SP (since 18th August) , which aint too bad , for September i'll post em up along side early prices and keep a running total to both EP and SP
  19. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Thursday 1st September

** Bets
    3.30 Sedgefield - Blue Sans 13/8

Bets ... Won ... EP / SP

No fancies for Thursday
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    slick likes this.
  20. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member