1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Trying Something Out ..

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Sean, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - March

Harlem Soul 12/1 Non Runner
    Stately Home 8/1 :thumb 1st 6/1

Brunel Charm 6/1 Lost
    Ring Of Gold 10/3 Lost (3rd)
    Pretending 5/4 Lost (2nd)
    Embour 20/1 Lost
    Tyger Bay 6/1 Lost
    Bashful Boy 6/5 Lost (2nd)
    Carzola 5/2 :thumb 1st 5/1
    Bill Baxter 7/2 :thumb 1st 7/2
    Bascinet 5/1 :thumb 1st 9/2 (20p R4 on EP)

Pessoa 7/1 Lost (3rd)
    Hooflepuff 20/1 Lost
    Black Poppy 5/1 Lost (3rd)
    Chris Cool 5/1 Lost
    Fever Roque 4/1 Lost (2nd)
    Glorious Charmer 7/2 :thumb 1st 11/2
    Jet Legs 9/2 :thumb 1st 5/2

Bets 17
    Won 6
    EP +15.00
    SP +16.00
  2. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Tuesday 7th March

8.30 Southwell - Isle Of Wolves 6/1 (Hills,Lads,Coral,BFred)
    Quite like the look of ISLE OF WOLVES in this class 6 handicap , has been the model of consistency since December '22 , running well without managing to get his head in front - figures since December read - 2,2,4,2,2,2 .. has bumped into the bang in form Dubai Jeanius the last twice , both here over todays CD , and only beaten a head and then last time out by 1/2 length , that one is now going for a four timer so the form on offer looks solid to me. Another thing that adds to the form is that last time out the third horse home Hashtagmetoo went in the next time out. Has never won here at Southwell but has run with credit everytime he's been here , placing on all three starts , and as i've already said two of those were over tonights CD. Kevin Stott takes the ride and he's ridden the horse before , placing in all three rides hes had aboard the horse. Trainer Harriet Bethell beings just this one to the meeting and he should run his race and hopefully go one better here this evening.

4.00 Lingfield - Vespasian 9/4 (365) - Lihou 4/1 (Hills,Lads,Coral,BFred)
    A handful look as though they could take a hand in this handicap but two in particular catch my eye , the first one is top weight VESPASIAN , whose record on the all weather is pretty consistent overall , and here at Lingfield has a win and a place from his three runs to date. Ran a bit of a stinker last time when 6th to Muscika at Wolverhampton but before that had been running creditably since returning from a break - 2,2,3 .. Has yet to win over this afternoons trip , was third on only try so hopefully he can improve on that here. Trainer Simon Crisford has to be respected when running anything on the all weather , and the fact that he sends just this one to Leafy didnt go un noticed , has a 29.3% strike rate here overall (along with a profit of +£14.56) and this season he has a healthy 33.3% strike rate at the course. Jockey Harry Burns also here for this one only , and he's ridden the horse the last twice (3rd and 6th) , whilst im not a great fan of the jockey the fact that the trainer puts him up is enough for me to trust him to get the job done and his 3lb wont go amiss either. Should definatley be in the mix come the line. The other one i like is LIHOU , who hasnt been out of the first four home in his last five runs - 4,3,1,3,1. Beat Dalby Forest last time out over CD by 3/4 length , but was probably value for further i think. Generally runs well round here with a win and two places from 5 runs over CD , has won off a higher mark in the past so i'm hopeful of a good run once again. Callum Shepherd gets the steering job for the first time and hes been knocking in the winners lately with a 26% strike rate over the past 21 days , and he has an eyecatching 53.8% strike rate here this season (and a profit of +£25.10) so well worth noting what he's riding here. Trainer sends just this one and he has a 29% strike rate in the past fortnight , for me everything points to a big run this afternoon.

5.30 Southwell - September Power 17/2 (Hills,Lads,Coral,BFred) - Jubilee Girl 9/2 (365)
    The in form Dubai Jeanius is the favourite in this , and rightly so , and i can see him going close here but he's up in the weights again and he's never won at the distance (had two attempts to date) so at the prices i'm happy enough to take him on with a couple who i think can go close.. the first one is SEPTEMBER POWER whose proven over 2 miles and is two from two over this evenings CD , was beaten by the re opposing Kittens Dream last time out but that was over 1m6f and i can see him reversing that form here now , before that he won over CD beating Freewheelin by a length and a quarter. Doesnt look too badly drawn and Jason Hart in the hot seat after having ridden him the last twice (winning one of those - over CD) , has a 13% strike rate over the past couple of weeks and has done well when riding here at Shuvvel this term notching up a 23.9% strike rate along with a very healthy +£31.37 profit. Trainer Michael Wigham brings only this one and he has a 25% strike rate over the past two weeks , and also has a 25% strike rate here at the course this season. Definatley in with a shout i think at what i'd consider a decent price. The other one i like is JUBILEE GIRL who comes into this in fine form , since returning to action after a 181 day break her figures read - 6,1,2,2 .. That win broke her maiden tag and came over 1m3f here , stepped up in distance in her last two races after that and ran into Buxted Too whose been on fire of late (-1,1,1,3,1) both times , think shes gonna appreciated this step up in trip and trainer K Burke is as shrewd as they come , and brings just this one here this evening , has a decent record here overall with an 18.4% strike rate (and a healthy profit of +£35.33) , and this season he has a 26.9% strike rate along with a profit of +£11.98. Sam James here for his only ride and hes ridden the horse four times in total resulting in a win , two seconds and a fourth so seems to get on well enough her. He , too , has a decent record here this season , 25% strike rate (and a profit of +£18.32). If handling the step up in trip i think she'll be a serious threat.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  3. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

4. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - March

Brunel Charm 6/1 Lost
    Embour 20/1 Lost
    Tyger Bay 6/1 Lost

Pessoa 7/1 Lost (3rd)
    Hooflepuff 20/1 Lost
    Chris Cool 5/1 Lost

Vespasian 9/4 Lost
    Lihou 4/1 :thumb 1st 15/2
    Isle Of Wolves 6/1 Lost
    September Power 17/2 Lost
    Jubilee Girl 9/2 Lost (2nd)

Bets 22
    Won 7
    EP +15.00
    SP +19.50
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    slick likes this.
  5. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Wednesday 8th March

5.05 Kempton - Duty Of Care 7/2 (365,Hills,BFred) - Blazeon Five 4/1 (Hills,BFred)
    A handful look as though they could take a hand in the finish in this one to me but i've opted for a couple who i think can go close with hopefully one of them doing the business. Joint top weight DUTY OF CARE is the first one i've gone for , comes in to this one the back of a good win last time out over CD when beating Motazzen by a going away 3 1/4 lengths , could of probably won by further to be honest and i dont think the 4lb rise will hinder his chances too much looking at that run. Shane Kelly here for just this one (one win from four rides on the horse) as is trainer Jamie Osbourne whose been amongst the winners in the past couple of weeks. If in the same sort of form as when last seen should certainly make his presence felt. BLAZEON FIVE is the other one i like the look of , has been in great form since returning to the fray in August '22 , and hasnt been out of the first three home - 3,1,1,1,2,2 and i really cant see why he shouldnt go well and be there at the business end of things. Has never been unplaced over todays CD (two wins and a place from three runs) , unlucky not to be coming into this on the back of a win as he was only collared near the line last time out. Trainer brings just this one to the meeting and he knows how to ready one , whilst jockey Lewis Edmunds gets the piloting job , has never been unplaced when riding the horse , a win and two places from three rides and has been in good form of late with a 17% strike rate in the past fortnight. Should definatley be fighting it out at the finish i think.

4.40 Fontwell - Sambezi 9/2 (Hills)
    Like the look of top weight SAMBEZI in this handicap hurdle , and whilst others look to have more pressing claims at the price im happy enough to have a punt on the selection. Sole hurdles win came at this course and placed on only other run here. That other run was last time when he was a sound second over 2m2f , this step up in trip could well be within his compass and bring out a bit of improvement. Trainer sends just this one to the meeting and he has a 16.7% strike rate in the past month , and has a healthy 40% strike rate when sending runners here this season. Jockey Jack Andrews takes a handy 5lb off which helps to ease the horses burden , and has a 36.4% strike rate over the past month. Hasnt won on the horse in his 4 rides to date but has placed twice. Hopefully of a decent showing.

2.30 Lingfield - Forge Valley Lad 5/1 (365) - Wonder Starelzaam 15/2 (Hills)
    Open looking class 5 handicap where a case could be made for most of the runners to be honest but theres a couple who catch my eye who i think could go close , first of those is WONDER STARELZAAM who is coming back from a 251 day lay off , but thats not a huge concern as hes won after a break before so hopefully he'll be fit and ready to go here this afternoon. Looks decently drawn and at the opening price i think hes well worth a go. Has won two from three here at Leafy , and whilst he has never won over this CD he has won over the distance before. Trainers a wiley one and he brings just this one here today , whilst jockey George Bass has 4 wins from his 8 rides on the horse so far. I think a decent run could be on the cards here. The other one is FORGE VALLEY LAD who comes into this on the back of two wins and is looking for the three timer , that last time out win was a solid one beating Renardeau by 3/4 length , runs off 3lb higher here now so is probably gonna have to eek out a more but that entirely possible given his current form. Jamie Spencer has ridden him the last two times (making it two wins from three rides) and hes come here solely for this one ride which caught my beady eye , hes bang in form at the moment with a 23% strike rate in the past two weeks and when coming here to leafy Lingfield this term hes notched up a 36.8% strike rate , when he and trainer David Simcock have paired up over the last three weeks they have a very nice 37% strike rate , trainer has a 23% strike rate in the past twenty one days and this season he has a 38.9% strike rate when running em here. Everything points to a decent run for me.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    slick likes this.
  6. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  7. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - March

Brunel Charm 6/1 Lost
    Embour 20/1 Lost
    Tyger Bay 6/1 Lost

Pessoa 7/1 Lost (3rd)
    Hooflepuff 20/1 Lost
    Chris Cool 5/1 Lost

Vespasian 9/4 Lost
    Isle Of Wolves 6/1 Lost
    Sambezi 9/2 :thumb 1st 6/1 (25p R4 on EP)
    Wonder Starelzaam 15/2 :thumb 1st 15/2 (10p R4 on EP)

Forge Valley Lad 5/1 Lost (2nd)
    Duty Of Care 7/2 :thumb 1st 9/4
    Blazeon Five 4/1 Lost (2nd)

Bets 27
    Won 10
    EP +26.63
    SP +33.25
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
    slick likes this.
  8. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Great day for the thread i have to say , both totals looking very healthy at the mo for the month .. Nowt for Thursday and highly doubtful there will be anything for Friday as out all day and wont time to have a good look / study so in all probability nothing until at least saturday
    Topdog likes this.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Great stuff Sean:thumb
    Sean likes this.
  10. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Cheers Slick :thumb

Probably nothing for Saturday either , even if the meetings go ahead , not confident in this kind of weather and i'd rather give it a miss than put up selections i aint confident about tbh .. we'll see how it goes but not hopeful
  11. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Nothing for Sunday 12th March , couple caught my eye in the 3.15 Market Rasen - Ballyhome & Happy And Fine , but theres a couple who could spoil the party and given conditions i'm happy enough to leave them alone and wait for Monday
  12. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Monday 13th March

8.00 Wolverhampton - Chookie Dunedin 14/1 (365)
    I'm going to go with the (current) outsider of the field and bottom weight in this one , CHOOKIE DUNEDIN , a few others look to hold more obvious chances admittedly but theres a few things that catch my eye about this one. First thing is his course form , has won four and placed in four from 15 runs over this evenings CD , so knows his way round here which is one of the things i always look for. Another thing is that despite the trainer Keith Dalgleish not being in the best of form he brings just this one to the meeting , and thats one long schlepp from South Lanarkshire to Wolverhampton , and he's a trainer i rate so i dont think he's bringing the horse here just to admire the scenery. Jockey Billy Garrity also going through a bit of a lean spell at the moment but he too comes here for just this one , has won on the horse before. Another thing that makes me think Chookie has a chance in here is that the horse is beginning to look very well treated on old form imo , gets in here off 65 and has won off as high as 76 before and if he can run anywhere near his best then he ought to be going close i think. Given all that and the 14s on offer i think he to be worth a go.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    slick likes this.
  13. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
  14. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - March

Brunel Charm 6/1 Lost
    Embour 20/1 Lost
    Tyger Bay 6/1 Lost

Pessoa 7/1 Lost (3rd)
    Hooflepuff 20/1 Lost
    Chris Cool 5/1 Lost

Vespasian 9/4 Lost
    Isle Of Wolves 6/1 Lost

Chookie Dunedin 14/1 Lost

Bets 28
    Won 10
    EP +25.63
    SP +32.25
    slick and Punter like this.
  15. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Tuesday 14th March

2.50 Cheltenham - Happygolucky 14/1 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) - Corach Rambler 6/1 (365,Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads)
    Wide open looking handicap chase as you'd expect from a Festival race , and a whole host look to hold decent chances but two of the runners in particular catch my beady eye . The first one is current favourite and last years winner CORACH RAMBLER , who comes into this in decent enough form to make me think we could be in for a repeat performance. Was a solid fourth in the Coral Gold Cup at Newbury back in November '22 and i think that could run could have him nicely primed for this afternoons race. Is two from two over todays CD , which is a big plus here at Cheltenham in my book. Trainer Lucinda Russell brings just this one to the meeting , which is a bloody long way just for a day out so i think she means business , and that makes Corach Rambler the longest traveller of the day here. Jockey Derek Fox also here for just this one and he has five wins from his eleven rides aboard the horse. To me everything points to a big run to try and retain the crown. The other one i like is HAPPYGOLUCKY , who was second in this race to Vintage Clouds back in 2021 , and generally runs a solid race round here , with a win and a place from his two runs over CD , and a win and three places from five runs overall so definatley seems to like it round here which , as i've already said , is a bonus in my book. Was a disappointing 10th last time out , over 2m4 1/2f here , but i think that run can be forgiven as he seems to like further and i think bring upped in trip will play to his strengths and hopefully he can do himself justice today as he's definatley better than his last time run. Wears first time cheek pieces which could sharpen him up. Trainer Kim Bailey is here for only this one and hes a trainer i respect , whilst jockey David Bass is also here for just the one ride , gets on well with the horse having ridden him ten times winning four of them and placing in a further three. At the price i think hes definatley worth a punt.
    slick and Punter like this.
  16. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

17. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - March

Brunel Charm 6/1 Lost
    Embour 20/1 Lost
    Tyger Bay 6/1 Lost

Pessoa 7/1 Lost (3rd)
    Hooflepuff 20/1 Lost
    Chris Cool 5/1 Lost

Vespasian 9/4 Lost
    Isle Of Wolves 6/1 Lost

Happygolucky 14/1 Lost
    Corach Rambler 6/1 :thumb 1st 6/1

Bets 30
    Won 11
    EP +30.63
    SP +37.25
  18. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Wednesday 15th March

5.30 Cheltenham - Encanto Bruno 14/1 (Coral,Lads) - Queens Gamble 20/1 (Coral,BFred,Lads)
    This looks to me to be a wide open bumper where quite a few of the participants look to hold serious chances , but theres a couple that stand out for me at decent prices who i think could go well and trouble the principals. First one is Irish raider ENCANTO BRUNO who won well here , over todays CD , when last seen , beating Strong Leader by 4 lengths. That was a pretty impressive display and the fact he'd had 106 days off previous to that win makes me think that the 144 day break he's had since then shouldnt be too much of a problem. Has won all three of his races to date and whilst it can be argued that a few of these look to have stronger form , he can only win the races he'e entered in and with the scope for improvement i think he can go well here (although the ground may be an issue but i really think he'll handle it). Trainer only brings this one to the meeting and he has a 20% strike rate overall here at Cheltenham whilst jockey Sean Bowen is in the plate for the first time and he's a decent jockey on his day. Should definatley be making his presence felt at what i think is a decent price. The other one i like the look of is QUEENS GAMBLE , who is two from two here at Cheltenham , one of those over this afternoons CD , won her first two outings (aforementioned races) well enough but lost her unbeaten record when turned over lto at odds on , shade disappointing that it has to be said but she was giving away 4lb , but given her price im prepared to forgive her that run and give her another chance here where , if shes at the top of her game , i think she can trouble those at the front of the market. Early days yet as well and theres plenty of time for her to improve and come into herself and show what shes capable of. Trainer Oliver Sherwood is as shrewd as they come imo and this is his sole representative here today and he has a 50% strike rate when running them here this season. Jockey JJ Burke has ridden her on all three starts so knows the horse well and he too is here for just this one , when the trainer and jockey have teamed up over the past three weeks they have a 20% strike rate. Shouldnt be far away if shes at her best.

8.30 Kempton - Torbellino 7/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) - Largo Bay 11/1 (365)
    A case could be made for most of these i think , but two at nice prices are the ones i'm gonna nominate as my selections. TORBELLINO is the first one , she had been running respectably in Saint Moritz before returning to the UK and coming second to a decent sort in Alternativa last time out over CD , only beaten by 3/4 length , that was a good effort i thought and i can see her improving for that run and going well here this evening. Has never won here at Kempton but she seems to run well almost every time (6 places from 7 runs over CD) and i think she'll be breaking her duck here sooner rather than later i think (hopefully tonight!). She has won off higher than tonights mark and the fact that she's dropping in class here catches my eye and for me can only help her cause. Trainer sends just this one here whilst Luke Morris gets the ride , he rode her to the last time out second so hopefully he can go one better tonight. Joint top weight LARGO BAY is my other selection , hasnt been running to his best in his three outings this year but has been running well enough before that , and the fact that he seems to do well round here gives me hope , over tonights CD he's had six runs , winning one of them and placing in a further three. Trainer sends two out and both run in this race , his other runner Wheres Tom would appear to be , to me anyway , his first string going by the jockey bookings. But i like the claimer , Aiden Keeley , who gets the leg up for the first time , 5lb claim will obviously help the horses chances and the jockey has been riding well lately with a 23% strike rate over the past fortnight. If he can put his best hoove forward i think he'll be a danger to all.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    slick likes this.
  19. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

20. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - March

Brunel Charm 6/1 Lost
    Embour 20/1 Lost
    Tyger Bay 6/1 Lost

Pessoa 7/1 Lost (3rd)
    Hooflepuff 20/1 Lost
    Chris Cool 5/1 Lost

Vespasian 9/4 Lost
    Isle Of Wolves 6/1 Lost

Happygolucky 14/1 Lost
    Corach Rambler 6/1 :thumb 1st 6/1
    Encanto Bruno 14/1 Lost
    Queens Gamble 20/1 Lost
    Torbellino 7/1 Lost
    Largo Bay 11/1 Lost

Bets 34
    Won 11