1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Trying Something Out ..

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Sean, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Tuesday 4th April

7.00 Southwell - Double March 5/1 (365) - Too Much 6/1 (365)
    Two runners catch my eye in this , and like my last selections theyre up against a fancied Charlie Appleby horse and some others from decent stables , but i'm more than hopeful that they can both go well here and do themselves justice at decent prices (fingers crossed). First one is DOUBLE MARCH who comes into this after 182 days off and makes his handicap debut , has run well on all three starts to date , a third , a second and a win in his last run , that win was over 7f here at Shuvvel and he'd placed on his only other start here so seems to like it here which is always a plus in my book. Lost his first two by the narrowest of margins and showed a bit of grit and gumption to win his last race by a head. I think he's probably grown up over that lay off and hopefully improved , which would definatley see him in with a major shout here. Trainer S Woods has a 22% strike rate in the past fortnight and has a decent 25% strike rate when bringing them here this season. Jockey James Doyle gets the ride for the first time on whats his only ride of the day and he has a 20% strike rate in the past three weeks , the booking looks a statement of intent to me and hopefully he can go close. The other one i like is TOO MUCH , who comes into on the back a solid looking length and three quarter win over this evenings CD on his handicap debut. Had run well in his previous three outings , two of which were here at Southwell - 4.2.3. Gone up 5lb for that success but i think he may well be able to defy that penalty and follow up. Trainer James Horton runs just this one tonight and whilst he hasnt been amongst the winners lately he has been getting the placers so im not too concerned on that score and he has won with the sole runner hes brought here this season. Jockey PJ McDonald also here for just this one , and he has ridden the horse on all his starts to date so knows him well enough , has a 13.3% strike rate at the course this term. Will be surprised if he isnt making his presence felt come the line.

3.30 Fontwell - Monjules 2/1 (365)
    MONJULES has looked a different horse since going to Harry Frys' yard , after 306 days off he came out and promptly beat Sambezi by 6 lengths at Sedgefield .. He's had four runs for his new yard to date and won three of them , the last two have been over todays CD making him 2/2 here. He beat Sambezi again in his penultimate run (CD) , this time by a length and three quarters , last time out he beat Polyphonic by 1 1/2 lengths. Although not as eyecatching those wins still looked good and i think he could have won by further tbh. Ben Bromley gets the leg up for the first time on his sole ride of the day , replacing Lorcan Murtagh whose ridden him the last four times , he takes off a helpful 5lb and hasnt been in bad form lately notching up a 23.1% strike rate over the past four weeks and he does well here at Fontwell with a 29.6% strike rate overall. Trainer brings just this one to the meeting and over the last two weeks he has a 40% strike rate , and has done well at the course this season with a 27.3% strike rate. When the trainer and jockey have paired up over the last three weeks they come away with a 20% strike rate. Should make a solid attempt to make it a three timer.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    slick likes this.
  2. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
  3. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost

Bets 6 ... Won ... EP -6.00 / SP -6.00
  4. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Wednesday 5th April

2.25 Wolverhampton - The Nail Gunner 5/2 (365) - Sweet Mist 7/2 (Hills)
    Open looking race where a couple of runners catch my beady eye , first one is top weight THE NAIL GUNNER who ran a blinder last time at Leafy when just denied by a short head , if in the same frame of mind i can see him going close here. Bit disconcerting that he has never won over 7f , but thats offset , for me anyway , in the fact that he has run well over the distance before , in total he's placed four times from seven runs but he has been unlucky twice in his last three runs over the distance , last time out as above and his third run back when he got a done a neck over todays CD. So i think he's gonna get his head in front sooner or later , hopefully sooner. Has placed twice from three runs over CD , and at Wolverhampton overall he has three wins and two places from eight runs so knows where the winning post is. Claimer Ellie May Croote is on board for the first time on her sole start of the meeting , takes a valuable 7lb off and i think shes decent enough value for her claim. Has a 20% strike rate over the past fortnight and a 16% strike rate when teaming up with the trainer over the last three weeks. Trainer Ivan Furtado also has a 20% strike rate over the last fortnight , and is here for just this one. Should make his presence felt. SWEET MIST is the other one i like the look of , ran a blinder when second over 6f here at Wolverhampton last time out , that was her first run at Wolverhampton and she acquitted herself well imo so i'm hoping she can do the same again today and hopefully go one place better. Has won over the distance before so i dont think the return to 7f will be too much of an inconvenience, Trainer Sean Curran sends just this one to the meeting and he's in good form at the moment with a 50% strike rate in the past three weeks , and the fact that he has a 42.9% strike rate here this season makes me sit up and take notice that hes sent just this one. Jockey Connor Plannas gets the ride for the first time and like the trainer he's in good form with a 40% strike rate in the past three weeks , helps the cause by taking off a handy 5lb. If in the same sort of mood when last seen cant see her being far away when it matters most.

5.45 Wolverhampton - English Spirit 4/1 (365) - Snooze Lane 7/2 (Hills)
    Six runner race that could be tactical but i'm siding with two against the field who i think if at there best can go close .. first one is ENGLISH SPIRIT who won over CD when last seen on 17th March , beating Baby Steps by 1/2 length. That win made it two from two over todays CD , and i'm hoping that he can make it three from three here. Heather Main has a 25% strike rate in the past 21 days and she sends just this one to the meeting , whilst Joshua Bryan has a 33% strike rate over the same period and is 1/2 on the horse , won on him last time. Cant see him being far away come the business end of things. The other one i like is SNOOZE LANE , who comes into this in search of a three timer , those two wins came over CD , and has generally been holding his form well so definatley cant be discounted. Like the other selection does well here at Wolverhampton with two wins and two places from six runs over CD. Kevin Stott in the hot seat for the first time , has a 29% strike rate in the past couple of weeks , and has a 34.3% strike rate here this season. Trainer Sarah Hollinshead has a 20% SR in the past three weeks and sends just this one out to the course , has a 22.2% strike rate at Wolverhampton this term so her runners merit a second look. One of the things i found interesting is that Josh Bryan has ridden both of these , and has ridden both to wins so im thinking that perhaps he;s thinking he's on the best of them , but Stott would be a solid replacememt imho .. cant see either of them being far away.

7.45 Kempton - Kingdom Come 11/8 (365) - Street Kid 13/2 (365)
    Another tight looking six runner race , one has been declared a non runner , and i've gone for a couple again .. first one is current favourite KINGDOM COME who thumped Chola Empire by 6 lengths last time over this CD , making him two from two here over CD and if in the same sort of form then its hard not to see him being bang there. In all fairness i think he could of won by more , and in his last two races , both over CD , hes won by 8 1/4 lengths , has a 15lb rise to contend with now but the manner in which he won those races suggests that that may not be enough to stop him following up and achieving the three timer. Kieran Shoemark was the man steering him last time and he gets the ride again this evening , whilst trainer Clive Cox sends just this one to the meeting , hasnt been in great form of late but does have a respectable enough 14.3% SR here at Wolverhampton this season. Despite the rise i dont think he'll be far away. STREET KID is the other one i want on side , has been holding his form well of late . more often that not on the premises , was a solid second , beaten a neck over 7f at Shuvvel last time out , and has placed on his only start over CD. Seems to like it better on the AW than on turf with 7 wins/places from 10 outings. Kevin Philipart De Foy sends just this out and his stable have been holding their form pretty well , has a 21% strike rate in the past three weeks and has a 28.6% strike rate when sending them to Wolverhampton this term , also in form is jockey Daniel Muscutt , who has a 17% strike rate over the last three weeks , and like the trainer is doing well here this season with a 23.8% strike rate. Hasnt won on the horse , yet! , but does have four places from eight rides , hopefully today is the day that that changes and he gets his first win on the horse.
    slick likes this.
  5. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
  6. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost
    The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
    Sweet Mist 7/2 [​IMG] 1st 5/2
    English Spirit 4/1 Lost (2nd)
    Snooze Lane 7/2 Lost (3rd)
    Kingdom Come 11/8 :thumb 1st EV
    Street Kid 13/2 Lost

Bets 12 ... Won 2 ... EP -5.12 / SP -6.50
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
    slick likes this.
  7. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Tad unlucky with English Spirit , done a head into second , and Snooze Lane a further shorthead back in third , cant get much closer without winning ..

Nowt for Thursday 6th April
  8. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Friday 7th April

2.25 Newcastle - Earlofthecotswolds 5/1 (Hills) - Fleurman 13/2 (365)
    Like a couple in this conditions stake , up against what looks a fair favourite in Berkshire Rocco , but i'm hoping that they can give him a run for his money at what i consider decent odds .. EARLOFTHECOTSWOLDS is the first of the selections , who i dont think you could honestly discount being the winner of this race last year , won when last seen at Wolverhampton almost a month ago , beating the re opposing (and other selection) Fleurman by a head , has held his form pretty well since coming back from a layoff in January , interestingly enough he was beaten by Berkshire Rocco on that comeback run into 3rd (by 9 1/4 lengths) but i think that the selection can do better here now he's had those three runs and is back in the groove so to speak. Always worth noting when Nigel Twiston Davies sends one out on the flat , and as this is his only runner at the meeting i think he has to be taken seriously , has an 18% strike rate in the past three weeks , and has a 100% strike rate here over the last ten years. Jockey Liam Keniry also here for just this one , has a decent record on the horse with three wins from eights rides to date , cant see the horse being far away when it matters. As stated earlier FLEURMAN is the other one that interests me , was beaten last time out as also stated above , so not alot between them imho , won on his penultimate start over todays CD , beating First Emperor by 3 lengths , that one has been placed in his three starts subsequently so the form doesnt look to shoddy. Has never won a class 2 but has placed in one of his two attempts . that was last time out. Trainer Olly Murphy brings just Fleurman here , and he is banging out the winners of late with a 30% strike rate in the past three weeks , so you couldnt safely dismiss anything he runs at the moment imho. 100% SR here this season. Jockey Kevin Stott has a 28% strike rate in the past fortnight and seems to get on well with the horse with two wins and a place from his three rides aboard him. Horse should be doing his best work towards the end of the race and at the price i think he worth a punt.

3.35 Newcastle - San Andreas 13/2 (Hills)
    Another Balding / Murphy favourite and another Berkshire , this time Berkshire Shadow , but i'm going against him with SAN ANDREAS who i think is well a go at the price. Tbh it is a trappy looking race where a case could be made for most of the runners but i'm gonna side with the Irish raider who was second in this race last year , just touched off by a nose , and i think he's back to put that right this year. Horse cant be faulted for his consistency , since the turn of the year his figures read - 2,2,2,1 .. that last time out win over a mile came at Dundalk where he slammed Angels Wrath by 5 1/2 lengths , and in fairness it could of been further imo. If in the same sort of form he should definatley be on the premises come the line. I think the fact that Joseph O'Brien sends just this one over from Ireland is a pointer in itself that he expects a decent run , has a 21% SR over the past two weeks James Doyle in the hotseat for the first time and he does well when riding at Newcastle with a 31.2% strike rate. Honestly cant see this one being far away.

4.25 Lingfield - Spring Promise 6/4 (Hills,365)
    Well so far this month i've gone against two Charlie Appleby runners , and lost to em both times .. so this time i'm gonna go with em rather than against em lol Horse in question is handicap debutant SPRING PROMISE , whose opening mark looks like one she could well take advantage of i think. Has run three times to date , came twice in opening pair of races and then beat Choisya by a neck last time out over this afternoons CD. That one ran well next time in first handicap when going down by 3/4 length. The third home Puntarelle has gone in since , as has the fourth so the form looks pretty good to me. Trainer sends just this one to Leafy this afternoon and he has a 27% strike rate over the past three weeks along with a 60% strike rate when sending his runners here this season. Jockey William Buick on board for the first time and when he and the trainer have paired up over the past three weeks they have a 33% strike rate. Horse looks an improver and i can see her going well here today.

3.50 Lingfield - Diderot 6/1 (Hills,Coral,Lads) - Obsidian Knight 9/1 (365)
    Wide open looking race where you could easily make a case for half the field if not more i think but a couple catch my eye that i think could go well at decent prices. First one is topweight DIDEROT , whose placed on both starts at the course to date. Been running well since coming back from a 230 day lay off , in three runs he hasnt been out of the first three home - 2,3,2 .. Solid effort last time when beaten 3/4 length by Zealot , before that was third to Outbreak but i am hopeful that he can reverse that form here today. Trainer James Ferguson has his yard in fine form at the moment , with a 50% strike rate in the past three weeks , and the fact that he relies on just this one at the meeting didnt go un noticed it has to be said. Daniel Muscutt in the plate and he too has been enjoying a purple patch and when riding at Leafy this season he has a 20.8% strike rate. Only won once from 10 rides on the horse but has placed in six , hopefully he can make it two wins to day. When trainer and jockey have pooled their talents over the last 21 days they come away with a 33% strike rate. Can go close. Other one i like the look of is OBSIDIAN KNIGHT , who has been the model of consistency since returning to action back in October last year after a 152 day break. Only managed a ninth on initial outing but since then has held his form remarkably well - 1,4,2,2,1,2,2 .. was beaten by Nolton Cross last time , who runs in the 2.25 at Newcastle today , so if that one wins wont hurt the form any. Trainer sends just this one to the meeting and David Probert up for the first time , cant see any reason why he shouldnt go well again and hopefully gain another well deserved win.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  9. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  10. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost
    The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
    Kingdom Come 11/8 [​IMG] 1st EV
    Street Kid 13/2 Lost
    Earlofthecotswolds 5/1 Lost
    Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
    San Andreas 13/2 Lost
    Spring Promise 6/4 [​IMG] 1st 11/10
    Diderot 6/1 [​IMG] 1st 8/1
    Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost

Bets 18 ... Won 4 ... EP -1.62 / SP -1.40
  11. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Saturday 8th April

3.40 Carlisle - The King Of May 7/1 (365)
    I quite like the chances of THE KING OF MAY in this , caught my eye that he's the only CD winner in the line up , one from one and has a win and a place from two runs here overall. Comes into this on the back of a decent showing last time out when second to Grandads Cottage at Market Rasen. That was his best effort for a few runs to be honest , the refitting of the cheekpieces could of helped in that and i'm glad to see that they've been retained here today. If in the same sort of mood as that last time out run then i think he has a serious chance here today despite being up against some decent looking opposition. Brian Ellison sends just this one to the meeting , and as he's in grand form , 29% strike rate over the last three weeks , then i think its worth taking notice off. Brian Hughes gets the steering job and he has a 19% strike rate over the past fortnight , and has an 18% strike rate here at Carlisle overall. He's ridden the horse eight times before resulting in three wins and two places , hopefully the pair can notch up a fourth win from nine today at what i think is a decent price.

3.00 Musselburgh - Digital 20/1 (365,Lads) - Makanah 7/1 (Coral)
    Open looking handicap where a case could be made for a few of the participants , but i'm siding with a couple against the field who i think can go well at decent prices. First one is top weight MAKANAH who is making his seasonal debut after 180 days on the sidelines , when last seen he won over todays CD , beating Lullaby Bay by a nose. Has won and placed coming back from a break so i'm assuming that trainer Julie Camacho has him ready to rock n roll , and i think its interesting that hes making his seasonal debut at a course he does well at , three wins and two places from seven runs over CD .. Good to see Paul Hanagan in the saddle , seems to do quite well on him with two wins and three places from ten rides , and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 100% strike rate. Trainers only runner at the meeting and she seems to do well when sending em up from North Yorkshire with a 17% strike rate overall. Dont think he'll be far away. The other one im going with is DIGITAL , whose also coming back from a lay off (99 days) , and has also run well when coming back from lay off. Was running down the field in his last race when last seen but that was in Bahrain and tbh i'm not fussed about that , only been with Roger Fell a short time and only had the three runs before the break , two in Bahrain and his opening race for the stable when he came 7th of 9 at Southwell. To me the horse seems to be better on the turf than the all weather and i think the stable will have him fit , ready and primed for this. Beat one of the fancied horses in this already , Zaryayni , at the beginning of last year , winning by a length and i think he can confirm that form here. Trainers a shrewdie and he sends just this one to the meeting and he has a 15% strike rate at Mussleburgh overall , and Johnny Peate in the plate for the first time , takes off a handy 5lb and has a 19% strike rate when coming here. At a decent price i think the selection can make his presence felt and give the principals something to think about.

3.35 Musselburgh - Wise Eagle 13/2 (Hills,Lads)
    Decent looking race where i think course specialist WISE EAGLE can come out on top , never been unplaced here at Mussleburgh , has had three runs over todays CD , winning two and placing once and overall at the course has three wins and a place from four runs so i think its safe to say he knows his way round here and likes it. Hes also done well at the distance , winning four times and placing once from five runs. Was running well when last seen and ended the season with a win when beating Golden Flame by a length at Pontefract , has been off 173 days since but i have to say im not to worried as he has run well after a break before and im hoping that he can pick up this term as he left the last .. winning ! Trainer has just this one here today and he has a 75% strike rate here overall which makes me think that he doesnt send em over the border from Mussleburgh unless he thinks they have a serious chance. Daniel Tudhope in the plate and he has a good record on the horse with three wins from four rides , if fit and ready i think the selection can go close here.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  12. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

13. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost
    The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
    Street Kid 13/2 Lost
    Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
    San Andreas 13/2 Lost
    Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
    The King Of May 7/1 Lost
    Digital 20/1 Lost
    Makanah 7/1 Lost
    Wise Eagle 13/2 [​IMG] 1st 9/1

Bets 22 ... Won 5 ... EP +1.88 / SP +4.60
    slick likes this.
  14. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Sunday 9th April

3.25 Ffos Las - Amateur 17/2 (365,Hills) - Southern Sam 8/1 (Hills)
    A couple catch my eye in this , first one on the list has to be AMATEUR who has won this race the past two years , and comes into this on the mark he was on when he won it last year , looking at his recent form - PU,6,PU you'd have to say he doesnt stand out but i think that theres every chance that the trainer has had this race in mind for him for sometime , could be wrong of course , but John Flint knows the time of day and is as shrewd as they come imho. Two from two over CD ( as stated both in this race) and the fact that the trainer has sent only this one to the course caught my eye , has a 50% strike rate over the last three weeks , and has an 18.4% strike rate when sending them here overall. James Best in the saddle and he's yet to win on the horse from two rides , and to be fair hasnt been in the best of form lately but if hes good enough for the trainer hes good enough for me! Think he'll go close in trying to retain his crown. The other one is the consistent SOUTHERN SAM who arrives on the back of a sound enough effort when second to Animal (who runs in the 5.04 at Market Rasen today) , really cant fault this ones consistency at all , since making his debut his record reads (since 2018) - 2,2,3,2.5.1,3,3,2,2,2 .. so hasnt got many miles on the clock and could easily improve for this step up in trip , has run well over 3m1f so this extra shouldnt prove too much for him i dont think. Hasnt won on the going before but has placed so that shouldnt be an issue and i think getting in here off bottomweight can only help his cause imho. Trainer Richard Bandey sends just the one to the meeting and he has a 20% SR in the past three weeks , and has a 20% strike rate when sending his runners here this season. The inform Aiden Coleman in the hot seat , has a 40% strike rate in the past fortnight , and has a place from his sole ride aboard the horse. To me , everything points to a decent run at a nice price.

5.25 Plumpton - Doyannie 2/1 (365)
    The fact that inform Anthony Honeyball sends just DOYANNIE here grabbed my attention , has a 31% strike rate in the past two weeks , and he's one of those trainers you can never ignore if imo , and he has a 24% strike rate when sending his runners to Plumpton overall. Horse has been in decent form lately , last three runs - 2,1,2 and that last time out second was one she should of won tbh , she was in front and idled , getting collared and done a head by Fanzio , so its good to see that the trainer has opted to add blinkers , which will hopefully help her concentrate on the job in hand. Beat the re opposing The Cathal Don on her penultimate run , and i think she can confirm that form here today. Has a win and a place from her two outings at Plumpton to date. Has gone up 3lb but jockey Ben Godfrey negates that with his claim , this is his first time on the horse but hes been riding well , 33% strike rate over the last fortnight and does fairly well when riding at Plumpton with a 16.1% strike rate and when he has teamed up with the trainer over the past three weeks theyve knocked up a 28% strike rate. Should be in the mix and with the addition of the blinkers hopefully can notch up another victory.

5.00 Southwell - Em Jay Kay 3/1 (365) - Blackjack 4/1
    Open looking handicap where a few could take a hand in the finish but i like the look of a couple who i think can go close. First one is EM JAY KAY who has been in great form since the back end of last year , since November '22 - 3,2,1,2,1,2,3,2 .. solid second last time out at Wolverhampton , and does well here at Shuvvel , having never been out of the placings .. a win and a place from two runs over CD and a win and two places from three runs at the course overall. Phil McEntee has just this one out at the meeting and Josephine Gordon also here for just this one , seems to get on well with the horse having ridden him five times winning once and placing three times. Think this one will definatley be making his presence felt. BLACKJACK is the other one i like the look of , like the other selection has been holding his form well overall , comes into this on the back of a solid neck second to Shalaa Asker last time out and if in the same sort of mood as that effort today then he'll be going close i think. Has two wins and a place from his four runs over todays CD , Alan Brown brings just this one here and hes been amongst the winners of late with a 29% strike rate in the past forntight , and has done well when sending his runners here this term with a 23.5% strike rate. Jockey Charlie Bennett also here for just this one , and he has a win and a place from two rides to date on the horse , like the trainer he too has done well here this season with a 20% strike rate. Think he'll be on the premises.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    slick likes this.
  15. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

16. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost
    The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
    Street Kid 13/2 Lost
    Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
    San Andreas 13/2 Lost
    Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
    The King Of May 7/1 Lost
    Digital 20/1 Lost
    Makanah 7/1 Lost
    Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
    Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
    Doyannie 2/1 Lost
    Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
    Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner

Bets 26 ... Won 5 ... EP -2.12 / SP +0.60
  17. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Monday 10th April

5.50 Kempton - Prop Forward 7/1 (Coral,BFred,Lads) - Fernando Rah 15/2 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads)
    Couple in this class 2 handicap catch my eye , and they hail from the same stable .. PROP FORWARD is the first one , comes into this after 251 days off , but has gone well after a break so that doesnt worry me too much. When last seen he was a decent third over CD , only time hes ever ran here , won on his penultimate start (only two starts last year). Pretty low mileage having only had 6 career runs , winning three and placing in a further two , so i think theres definatley room for improvement and hes in the right hands for that imho. Gets in here from the same mark as that last time out run and i think he'll be in the firing line. Jockey Keiran Shoemark in the saddle for the first time , and in his last two rides for the trainer he's won on them both (Dilligent Harry and Kingdom Come) , and over the past fortnight he's got a 20% strike rate , when coming to Kempton this season he's notched up an 18.8% strike rate. FERNANDO RAH is the other selection , was a decent second on his seasonal re appearance , and will hopefully come on for that run and be spot on for this one today. Like his stablemate he's pretty low mileage as well , having had 12 starts to date , winning three and placing in six , on the all weather he's two wins and four places from nine runs. Has never won here bit has run well on his two starts over CD and placed in them both. John Fahy in the hot seat on his only ride at the meeting and he has a win and two places from his five rides to date. Trainer sends just this pair to the course today and he has a 17.2% strike rate here this season , i think the fact he has these two entered is a statement of intent that he wants to win this. Open looking race but i think the selections can go close.

4.05 Kempton - Capital Theory 8/1 (365,Coral,Lads) - Pride Of Priory 6/1 (Coral)
    Decent looking race where a few look to hold serious chances but i'm gonna side with two who i think can go close. First one is joint bottom weight CAPITAL THEORY , who cant be faulted for his consistency since coming back from a year off back in September '22 , his record since then reads - 6,3,1,1,1,2,2,2,1 and i cant see any reason why he shouldnt go well again here today. Beat Chichester by a neck when last seen at the beginning of March , that was a solid effort and if he's in the same form then i cant see him being far away. Hasnt won here but has placed in sole run , in fact has run well on all polytrack starts , in 5 runs hes won 3 and placed in the other two , yet to win over the distance but has placed in both starts so i cant see the trip being a major issue. Trainer Charlie Johnston has a 19% strike rate in the past two weeks , whilst jockey Fran Norton is here for just this one ride , has a 22% strike rate in the last fortnight ans is yet to be unplaced on the horse - 4 rides , 2 wins and 2 places , and when he and the trainer have paired up in the last three weeks they've come away with a 40% strike rate. PRIDE OF PRIORY is the other one on my radar , been off for half a year but i'd assume the trainer (Willie Haggas) has him fit , well and ready to do the business .. one from one over CD and is one win and one place from two starts at the course overall. Trainer sends just the one to the meeting and anything he runs warrants respect , has a 23% strike rate over the last three weeks and has a 19.5% strike rate overall when sending them here. Ryan Moore booked to ride for the first time which i's see as a positive , and hes been amongst the winners with a 24% strike rate in the last three weeks. If ready to roll cant see him being far away.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  18. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

19. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost
    The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
    Street Kid 13/2 Lost
    Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
    San Andreas 13/2 Lost
    Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
    The King Of May 7/1 Lost
    Digital 20/1 Lost
    Makanah 7/1 Lost
    Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
    Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
    Doyannie 2/1 Lost
    Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
    Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner
    Prop Forward 7/1 [​IMG] 1st 7/1
    Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
    Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
    Capital Theory 8/1 Lost

Bets 30 ... Won 6 ... EP +1.88 / SP +4.60
  20. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Tuesday 11th April

7.00 Wolverhampton - Give A Little Back 9/4 (Hills)
    GIVE A LITTLE BACK won his first career race last time out , and that was here over todays CD , that came after a solid 2nd at this course over slightly shorter , think the step up in trip has worked the oracle as he's looked a different horse in those two runs and there could well be more to come as although he only won by a head he look determined to win (as evidenced by the fact he tried to bite his nearest rival !) .. the form of that win doesnt look to bad with the third horse home , Boasty , going in twice since although none of the rest who've run since have won. Has a 4lb rise to contend with but i think thats manageable and expect him to be on the premises when it matters most. Trainer Sean Curran is in flying form at the moment with a 62.5% strike rate in the last month , and this is his sole representative at the meeting , and when he's sent them here this season he has a healthy 50% strike rate along with a profit of +£6.83. Jockey Adam Kirby also goes for just this one and he too has been amongst the winners with a 22% strike rate over the last three weeks , has ridden the horse twice before with no luck but that was over 6f/7f , i expect that he may well gain his first win on the horse now he's been upped to a distance he seems to relish. Jockey and Trainer have teamed up once in the past fortnight , Letmelivemylife , and that won. Should be there or thereabouts.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2023