1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Trying Something Out ..

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Sean, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  2. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost
    The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
    Sweet Mist 7/2 [​IMG] 1st 5/2
    English Spirit 4/1 Lost (2nd)
    Snooze Lane 7/2 Lost (3rd)
    Kingdom Come 11/8 [​IMG] 1st EV
    Street Kid 13/2 Lost
    Earlofthecotswolds 5/1 Lost
    Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
    San Andreas 13/2 Lost
    Spring Promise 6/4 [​IMG] 1st 11/10
    Diderot 6/1 [​IMG] 1st 8/1

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
    The King Of May 7/1 Lost
    Digital 20/1 Lost
    Makanah 7/1 Lost
    Wise Eagle 13/2 [​IMG] 1st 9/1
    Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
    Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
    Doyannie 2/1 Lost
    Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
    Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner
    Prop Forward 7/1 [​IMG] 1st 7/1

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
    Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
    Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
    Give A Little Back 9/4 Lost (2nd)

Bets 31 ... Won 6 ... EP +0.88 / SP +3.60
  3. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Wednesday 13th April

6.00 Kempton - Topo Chico 15/2 (Hills) - Annie Law 9/4 (365,Hills)
    Like the look of a couple in this , first one is ANNIE LAW who made a winning handicap debut over CD last time out , beating All Dunn by 3/4 length. That form looks pretty good now with the second , third and fourth all going in since and the sixth coming second on next two runs. Now shes got that initial win under her saddle i think she'll know more and will go very close here in trying to follow up , has a rise in the weights to contend with but i think she'll be able to cope with that. Jamie Fanshawe sends just this one to the course this evening and anything he sends here warrants respect as this season he has a 38.5% strike rate along with a profit of +12.37. William Buick in the saddle for the first time which has to be seen as a positive imho , has a 17% strike rate in the last two weeks and has a 19% strike rate when riding here this season. For me , everything looks geared towards a big run. The other one i like is top weight TOP CHICO , who is yet to get her head in front but has run some sound races in defeat , Since her initial debut at Brighton where she came 5th her figures read - 3,4,2,2,3,4.2 .. so she's been there or thereabouts all the time and i think shes going to go in sooner rather than later , and that day maybe today now that the trainer has gone for first time cheekpieces. Her last two runs have come after a break and shes continued in the same vein as before , last time losing out by 1/2 length to So Chic. Trainer Joe Parr has only this one at the meeting and he has an 18% strike rate when sending them here overall , whilst jockey Harry Burns is also here for just this one , takes off a helpful 3lb , and has a 33% strike rate in the past fortnight. Has ridden the horse on her last three outings resulting in figures of - 3.4,2. Should run her race once again and hopefully the cheekpieces can work the oracle.
  4. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

5. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost
    The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
    Street Kid 13/2 Lost
    Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
    San Andreas 13/2 Lost

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
    The King Of May 7/1 Lost
    Digital 20/1 Lost
    Makanah 7/1 Lost
    Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
    Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
    Doyannie 2/1 Lost
    Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
    Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
    Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
    Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
    Topo Chico 15/2 Lost (2nd)
    Annies Law 9/4 Lost

Bets 33 ... Won 6 ... EP -1.12 / SP +1.60
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  6. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Thursday 13th April

5.40 Newcastle - Blazing Son 9/2 (365) - Jems Bond 11/4 (365)
    A case could be made for a few of these tbh but two in particular catch my eye , first of those is JEMS BOND whose a bit of a standing dish round here at Newcastle with three wins and two places from seven outings over this evenings CD and five wins and seven places from 21 runs overall at the course , so can usually be relied upon to run his race. Won when last seen at the end of the March , beating Kapono by 1/2 length over CD , the re opposing Tathmeen was a length and three quarters back in third. Has only gone up 2lb for that win so should hopefully remain competitive from this sort of mark. Trainer Alan Brown brings just this one here this evening , and he has a 31.2% strike rate over the last four weeks , and has done well when sending them here this season with a 20% strike rate. Jockey Conor Beasley is the pilot , and whilst he hasnt been in the best of form lately he does seem to get on well with the horse with three wins and two places from five rides. Trainer and jockey have a 50% strike rate when teaming up over the last three weeks. Dont think he'll be far away today. BLAZING SON is the other one i like , made a pleasing return to action when a solid third last time over CD , and should come on for that initial outing and show a bit more this evening. Mumcat was second on that occasion and turns up in opposition again and whilst i wouldnt discount her chances i think Blazing Son will finish infront this time round. Ended last season with two wins , the last one of those over CD , making his record here a win and a place from two runs (both CD). Brian Smart has just this one at the meeting and his always warrant a second look , whilst Mark Winn gets the steering job , has ridden the horse in his last four races and never been out of the frame - 2,1,1,3. Cant see him being far away come the business end of things.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  7. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

8. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost
    The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
    Street Kid 13/2 Lost
    Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
    San Andreas 13/2 Lost

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
    The King Of May 7/1 Lost
    Digital 20/1 Lost
    Makanah 7/1 Lost
    Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
    Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
    Doyannie 2/1 Lost
    Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
    Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
    Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
    Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
    Annies Law 9/4 Lost
    Blazing Son 9/2 :thumb 1st 10/3
    Jems Bond 11/4 Lost (3rd)

Bets 35 ... Won 7 ... EP +2.38 / SP +3.93
  9. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Friday 14th April

7.00 Southwell - Hostelry 14/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) - How Bizarre 13/2 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads)
    Open looking handicap where , in all honesty , any of em could win , but for me a couple look as though they could go close .. first one is HOSTELRY who is making her re appearance after 182 days off , has gone well fresh in the past so doesnt bother me too much , and has run well on her sole try round here (3rd over 7f back in April 2022 , funnily enough her first run back after 166 days off). From her seasonal debut onwards she ran well last term and held her form well overall , only tailing off towards the end , so hopefully now is the time to take advantage , plus on the pick of her form she looks relatively well treated imo , and not too badly drawn either which is never a bad thing. Trainer Ruth Carr is in form , has a 16.7% strike rate over the last month , whilst Joanna Mason in the plate on her sole start of the day , hasnt won on the horse from her eleven rides but has placed seven times , so hopefully todays the day she nails that first win aboard the horse. When the trainer and jockey have teamed up over the past three weeks they have a 25% strike rate. If on song first time out then i think she'll go close. HOW BIZZARE is the other one i like in this , has been running well since coming back from a lay off back in January and has been there or thereabouts in most of his races since - 5,4,4,5,3,11,4,2,3 .. ran well enough over CD the last twice , especially unlucky on his penultimate run when second by a nose , beaten by Cavalluccio , seems to run well over todays CD , having had five runs , winning one and placing in a further three. The only thing thats a bit disconcerting is the fact that he hasnt won since 2020 , but given he's in decent form at the moment , and has won off higher than todays mark i think he can be given a chance in the hope he can gain a second win on the all weather. Liam Bailey brings just this one to the course this evening , and the horse has the able assistance of Danny Tudhope from the plate , has two wins and four places from twelve rides on the horse to date , and has a decent strike rate of 24.7% when coming here to Shuvvel , along with a profit of +£28.39. Should be involved come the finish.

4.30 Sedgefield - The Blame Game 13/2 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads) - Atomic Angel 7/1 (Hills,Coral,BFred,Lads)
    A few look as though they could take a hand in this especially the CD winners , and i've gone for two of those who i think could out run there odds and give the favourite/second favourite something to think about .. the first of those is THE BLAME GAME who comes into this on the back of a game win here last time out when beating the re opposing Thatbeatsbanagher by 1/2 length. That one then won next time out so form looks okay. Has a 5lb rise now (off set by claimer) but looking at the horses form here , one from one over CD and three wins and a place from six runs overall , you couldnt discount him with any certainty. James Ewart brings just this one south of the border , and he has a 50% strike rate when bringing him here this term (and 26.1% overall) so you have to respect anything he sends here. Claimer Edward Austin helps to negate the 5lb rise , first time on the horse and he does fairly well when riding here with a 22.2% strike rate. Should be making his presence felt i think. ATOMIC ANGEL is the other horse that caught my eye , ran a very sound race when second at Hexham last time out , only losing out by 3/4 length , if she can replicate that run then she'd definatley be in with a shout here. Like the other selection seems to like it here with a win and two places from her five runs over this afternoons CD. Susan Corbett has a 22% strike rate over the last three weeks and sends just this one to the meeting , claimer DB Hurst takes off a handy 7lb and is also here for just this one , has a place from four rides on the horse , been in decent form of late with a 50% strike rate over the last three weeks. Should be thereorthereabouts imho.

2.55 Aintree - Hullnback 10/1 (Coral,Lads)
    Should probably be leaving this race alone in all honesty , lets face it its Aintree , big fields , almost anything could win , but i really do fancy the chances of HULLNBACK who i think can go well at a decent price. Hasnt really put a hoove wrong since coming to the races in all honesty , won on debut , was then a decent enough 5th of 12 in a listed race , and was then a solid second (at the meeting last year) in a grade 2 bumper , had wind surgery and was put away , then ran a soild second on his re appearance , on hurdles debut and then went on to win his next two , the last of those by 91/2 lengths. I know others have run equally as well , if not better , but i like his overall profile and think he's an improving sort who can do himself justice in a race of this type. Going wont bother him which is a bonus and as i said ran well enough on his sole start here (second). Trainer and jockey had a winner here yesterday , and i think its interesting that Paddy Brennan is here just to ride this one (despite trainer having other runners) , has ridden the horse on all starts bar his last one and his record reads - two wins and two places from five rides , has a 33% strike rate in the last 21 days (and a 33.3% strike rate at Aintree this season) and when he and the trainer have paired up over the last three weeks they come away with a 29% strike rate. Trainer Fergal O'Brien is doing well at the course this term with a 23.1% strike rate and he knows the time of day , been amongst the winners lately , and i think that this one could well be another one for him.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    Punter likes this.
  10. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

11. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost
    The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
    Street Kid 13/2 Lost
    Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
    San Andreas 13/2 Lost

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
    The King Of May 7/1 Lost
    Digital 20/1 Lost
    Makanah 7/1 Lost
    Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
    Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
    Doyannie 2/1 Lost
    Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
    Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
    Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
    Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
    Annies Law 9/4 Lost
    Tohullnback 10/1 Lost
    The Blame Game 13/2 Non Runner
    Atomic Angel 7/1 :thumb 1st 9/2 (10p Rule 4 on EP)

Hostelry 14/1 Lost (2nd)
    How Bizarre 13/2 Lost

Bets 39 ... Won 8 ... EP +5.68 / SP +5.43
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  12. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Saturday 15th April

3.35 Aintree - Dashel Drasher 8/1 (Coral,BFred,Lads)
    DASHEL DRASHER catches my eye in this one , to be honest he's one of my faves , hes tough as old boots and as reliable as they come , nothing seems to faze him and you can usually rely upon him to run his race to the best of his ability (which he has in spades imho). Hasnt been out of the first two home since returning to action back in November '22 - 1,2,2,2,2 and i honestly cant see why he shouldnt go well again here. Ran a solid race when second (beaten 3/4 length) to the re opposing Sire Du Berlais in the Stayers Hurdle at the festival last time out , has placed on his only run over todays CD (when second to Noble Yeats) and has won on his only other visit to the course (back in his re appearance race , beating Voix Du Reve by 2 3/4 lengths over 2m4f). Wont mind the going , and wont mind if it gets softer either as he's won on heavy before. Interesting that he wears first time cheekpieces , trainer knows what hes doing. Has only ever been unplaced once in his hurdles races .. six wins and five places from twelve runs , thats some going and just goes to show how reliable he is imo. Trainer brings just this one to the meeting , and he has a 20% strike rate here this season , whilst regular pilot Rex Dingle , whose struck up a sound partnership with the horse since taking up steering duties back in November 2021 - 3,1,2,PU,1,2,2,2,2 , is also here for just this one ride , has a 33% strike rate over the last fortnight , and when coming to Aintree this term he has a 25% strike rate. Obviously up against some good sorts , but i think the selection can go well , and hopefully get his head in front when it matters.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    Punter likes this.
  13. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

14. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost
    The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
    Street Kid 13/2 Lost
    Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
    San Andreas 13/2 Lost

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
    The King Of May 7/1 Lost
    Digital 20/1 Lost
    Makanah 7/1 Lost
    Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
    Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
    Doyannie 2/1 Lost
    Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
    Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
    Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
    Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
    Annies Law 9/4 Lost
    Tohullnback 10/1 Lost

Hostelry 14/1 Lost (2nd)
    How Bizarre 13/2 Lost
    Dashel Drasher 8/1 Lost

Bets 40 ... Won 8 ... EP +4.68 / SP +4.43
  15. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Monday 17th April

6.30 Kempton - Onight 3/1 (Hills,SkyBet)
    Not my usual sort of race to have a punt in tbh , but i really do like the look of ONIGHT in this , even though theres 2 or three potential flies in the ointment. Won last time out at Newcastle over todays distance , beating Sure Spirit by a length and a half , so pretty much match fit given that race was at the end of February , and if im being honest i prefer a horse to have raced (fairly) recently. Prior to that race he made his debut over CD , and came a creditable third , only beaten three quarters of a length and the second (a neck in front of the selection) has gone in twice since , so that could be decent form. Trainer Archie Watson has been in decent form lately with a 29% strike rate over the last fortnight and has done well this season when sending his runners to the course with a 28% strike rate. Hollie Doyle takes the ride for the first time , on whats her sole start of the day , and like the trainer she's been amongst the winners lately with a 21% strike rate in the last fortnight , and she too has been doing well when coming here with a 25% strike rate to her name this season.. And when trainer and jockey have paired up over the last three weeks they come away with a 46% strike rate. For me everything points to a big run this evening.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    Punter likes this.
  16. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Punter likes this.
  17. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Totals - April

Iconic Moment 9/4 Lost
    New Definition 8/1 Lost
    Barader 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Monjules 2/1 Lost (2nd)
    Double March 5/1 Lost
    Too Much 6/1 Lost
    The Nail Gunner 5/2 Lost
    Street Kid 13/2 Lost
    Fleurman 13/2 Lost (2nd)
    San Andreas 13/2 Lost

Obsidian Knight 9/1 Lost
    The King Of May 7/1 Lost
    Digital 20/1 Lost
    Makanah 7/1 Lost
    Amateur 17/2 Lost (3rd)
    Southern Sam 8/1 Lost
    Doyannie 2/1 Lost
    Em Jay Kay 3/1 Lost
    Blackjack 4/1 Non Runner

Fernando Rah 15/2 Lost
    Pride Of Priory 6/1 Lost
    Capital Theory 8/1 Lost
    Annies Law 9/4 Lost
    Tohullnback 10/1 Lost

Hostelry 14/1 Lost (2nd)
    How Bizarre 13/2 Lost
    Dashel Drasher 8/1 Lost
    Onight 3/1 :thumb 1st 3/1

Bets 41 ... Won 9 ... EP +7.68 / SP +7.43
    Punter likes this.
  18. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Tuesday 18th April

5.30 Lingfield - Forge Valley Lad 13/2 (365,Hills,SkyBet)
    Open looking 8 runner race where a few look to hold chances but the one that catches my eye is FORGE VALLEY LAD who had been holding his form well until upped in trip last time out (to 2m) where he came tenth of fourteen , returned to 1m4f (where he had been running well over) will i think see him put in a better performance. In his previous 4 races his figures were - 1,1,2,3 (over 1m2f and 1m4f). His course record also catches my eye , seems to run well here at Leafy more often than not , overall at the course he has three wins and seven places from 16 runs , when you look at his record over todays CD its even better with two wins and two places from five outings , and to further point out his preference for todays kind of trip his record over it reads two wins and three places from nine runs. David Simcock brings just this one to the meeting , and he's done well with his runners here this season with a 32% strike rate along with a healthy profit of +£16.46 , and over the last three weeks hes managed to knock out a 14% strike rate. Jamie Spencer in the hot seat and he has two wins and two places from six rides , so knows the horse well enough , and like the trainer has done well here this term with a 32% strike rate and a profit of +£15.82. Considering his liking for the track and the trip i think hes well worth a go at the price on offer.

8.30 Southwell - Blackjack 9/2 (Hills,SkyBet) - Thismydream 11/2 (Hills,Skybet,Coral,BFred,Lads)
    Couple catch my attention in this one , first one is BLACKJACK , who i did put up earlier on the thread but was then declared as a non runner , comes into this on the back of a solid looking second at Chelmsford last time out at the beginning of the month , beaten a neck by Shalaa Asker , that looked to be a stronger race than this one and im thinking he can regain the winning thread here. Aside from the odd iffy run thrown in hes been running consistently well since coming back from a 130 day break back in October '22 - 3,4,2,2,4,8,1,9,1,2 and i can see no reason why he shouldnt go well again this evening. Has a good record here over CD , from 4 runs he has 2 wins and a place. Trainer Alan Brown has a 20% strike rate over the last three weeks , and a 22.2% strike rate when sending them here this season whilst jockey Charlie Bennett comes here for just this one ride and has a win and a place from his two outings on the horse to date , doing well when coming here this term with a 16.7% strike rate. Should go well and i think at the 9/2 on offer hes well worth an interest. The other one i like is THISMYDREAM whose been ultra consistent since returning to action from a lay off back in December of last year - 4,2,1,2,2,2 .. been knocking on the door the last three times , not beaten far in any of them .. 1/2 length , 3/4 length and last time out 3/4 length .. despite running well hes only won the one race , over 5f here back in January , think he deserves another win for his consistency alone. Has never won over todays trip in twelve attempts , but has placed on five occasions. Hopefully he can rectify that tonight and come out in front. Michael Attwater not in the best of form but has been amongst the winners and he's one of those trainers whose runners you could never write off completely. Taylor Fisher comes here for this one ride , takes off a valuable 5lb which can only help , has ridden the horse twice before and been placed on both occasions. Been riding well at Shuvvel this season with a 33.3% strike rate alongside a profit of +£14.00. Think he's going to have to step up on previous efforts but hopefully can go well and give the principals something to think about.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    Punter likes this.
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

First one in, top picking Sean
    Sean likes this.
  20. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Cheers Punter :thumb