1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Trying Something Out ..

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Sean, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Friday 2nd September

** Bets
    No qualifiers today

Bets 1 .. Won 0 .. EP -1.00 / SP -1.00

Fancies

7.55 Kempton - Aljaryaal 12/1 (365) - Blame It On Sally 8/1 (365)
    This class 4 handicap looks quite an open affair to be honest but I especially like the look of two , who i think can go close if having a 'going' day. First one is ALJARYAAL whose won three from six this year. Ran a bit of a stinker last time out but that run can be forgiven given he was coming back from 141 days off and i think that he'll probably come on for that outing and better can be expected this evening , or i'm hoping so anyway. Before that he'd run up a nice sequence this year starting with a win over 1m4f here at Kempton , followed by 4 runs where he was never outside the first three home - 3,2,1,1. Those last two wins cane over todays distance (at Lingfield) and despite not winning by far in either of them he was running on at the end and it could be argued that he was value for more. Trainer Joseph Parr seems to do fairly well with his runners here with a 21% strike rate since 2010 and though he doesnt seem to be in the best of form lately i think its interesting that he sends just this one out today. It also caught my eye that the horse is re-united with jockey Harry Burns , the pair are two from two to date , and the jockey is thriving at present with a 60% strike rate in the past 14 days. If that run at Chelmsford last time has blown the cobwebs away he can make his presence felt here.The other one i like is BLAME IT ON SALLY whose one from one over todays CD , was a decent enough 5th when last seen at Lingfield just over three weeks ago , and probably would of been closer had he not run into trouble in the final furlong. Alan King sends just this one out and despite the fact that he's going through a bit of a lean spell at the moment , win wise , i dont think anything he runs can be discounted wholly. Jockey Richard Kingscote gets the leg up for the first time and he's enjoying a purple patch of late with a 23.3% strike rate over the past month alongside a healthy looking profit of +£35.04. Should be in the firing line.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    slick likes this.
  2. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  3. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Saturday 3rd September

**Bets
    4.05 Haydock - Korker 4/1

Bets 1 .. Won 0 .. EP -1.00 / SP -1.00

No fancies / write ups for Saturday , a few were on my radar , but for one reason or another have decided to give them a miss
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Gone with your two Sean but have added GENERAL ZOFF at 40's for the combination forecast / miracle tricast.
    Sean likes this.
  5. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

SAMOAN , well found the winner but Aljaryaal ran too bad to be true , General Zoff ran well for fifth
    slick likes this.
  6. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Cheers for the winner, went the extra places as well with GZ, so got paid out on 5th.
    Sean and slick like this.
  7. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

8. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Sunday 4th September

**Bets
    2.40 Fontwell - Moans Cross 8/1

Fancies
    2.20 York - Pink Crystal 3/1 (generally)

Open looking handicap this but the fact that Willie Haggas sends just PINK CRYSTAL on the 340 odd mile round trip to York immediatley caught my eye. She's run well and held her form since returning to action - 3,1,1,2. That last run was a sound effort in my honest opinion , she dropped down to 5f and was upped in class and came a very creditable second , which incidentally was here at the Ebor meeting (thats her only run here at York and over todays distance she's won three and placed 4 times from 7 runs) . I think a return to 6f and a slight drop in class will help her cause and i can see her going close. Tom Marquand in the saddle and he's ridden her 4 times resulting in a win and three places , been amongst the winners lately , 11% strike rate over the past three weeks , and has a 15.3% SR here at York over the past 5 years. When teaming up with the trainer over the past 3 weeks the pair have an 11% strike rate. Willie Haggas has a 25.8% SR over the past month , and has a more than respectable 19.3% strike rate here at York this season and i think the fact that he's sending just this here could well be a pointer in itself and has to be respected. Quite a list of possible flies in the ointment Azure Blue , Aleezdancer , Lucky Man .. to name but three , who all look more than capable of taking a hand , but i just think given Pink Crystals form , and taking everything else into consideration that a big run looks to be on the cards.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

10. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

What Was ?
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Korker.
    Sean likes this.
  12. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

13. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Moans Cross came 4th for the **Bets , not too worried that there aint been a winner yet , only three bets and early days

Disappointed that Pink Crystal didnt at least place but there wasnt alot between the first five home , she was 5th , and that pack were 4 1/2 lengths ahead of the 6th horse home. As i said a few potential flies in the ointment and so it proved to be , but gutted that one i mentioned Lucky Dancer won though , thats racing , onwards and upwards and onto Monday
    ONEDUNME likes this.
  14. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Monday 5th September

**Bets
    5.30 Newcastle - Nolton Cross 4/1
    7.30 Newcastle - Calcutta Dream 5/1
    8.30 Newcastle - Phoenix Star 9/1

Bets 3 ... Won 0 ... EP -3.00 / SP -3.00

8.30 Newcastle - Phoenix Star 5/1 (Generally) - Nibras Again 6/1 (365)
    A few look to hold chances in this but two in particular caught my eye , the first is PHOENIX STAR , hasnt been in the best of form lately admittedly and its been a while since he got his head in front , coming 8th and 5th in his last 2 races , ran well enough over 6f lto but this drop to the minimum will definatley help i think. As will a return to this course where he has one win and 6 places from 7 outings , the win came over todays CD where he's 1 win and 4 places from 5 runs , so obviously has a liking for Newcastle. Three runs ago he was 3/4 length second to Sounds Of Iona at Donny who then went onto beat Blazing Hot (who runs in this race) by a length , SoI has gone in again amid some decent runs so the form of that race looks decent to me. He comes into this off a handy looking mark , won of higher , and that again is something on his side. Trainer Jessica Macey sends only this one out today and the stable have been in decent form with a 25% strike rate over the past 3 weeks , and winning with the last two they sent out. So i'm hoping that their good form will rub off on Phoenix Star. Jockey Oliver Stammers isnt one of my favourites tbh , and hasnt been in the greatest of form lately but he has been riding well here this season with a 20.7% strike rate , comes here for just this one ride and has ridden the horse before resulting in two wins and three places from 9 rides. Should be competitive of this reduced mark at a course he clearly likes , having never been out of the frame , and the fact that he's 5/1 now , when i posted him up earlier as a qualifier for the **bets he was 9/1 so maybe a few others are thinking like me (although lets hope not , cus everything would be f*cked if people thought like me lol) . NIBRAS AGAIN is the other one i like the look of and he has the same sort of profile coming into the race as my other selection , been a bit hit and miss but comes here on a decent looking mark which he can hopefully take advantage of. Was a sound enough second on his penultimate run which was his best effort for a while and if he can come here in that sort of form he'll stand every chance. Has won once and placed twice from 7 runs over todays CD and the fact that the trainer has reached for first time blinkers could aid his cause and work the oracle. Trainer has only this one at the meeting , and whilst hes a trainer i find hard to figure out , you certainly cant rule out his runners as they have a tendency to pop up. Jockey Danny Tudhope has been amongst the winners and in the past 2 weeks he has a 22% strike rate , and at Newcastle this term he has a very healthy 29.6% strike rate , has ridden the horse twice winning once and placing once. Couple of others look potential dangers in particular but on the whole i think my pair can go close here if they're on song.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  15. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

16. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Tad unlucky with Phoenix Star , beaten half a length , was in the lead but collared in the last hundred yards or so
  17. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Tuesday 6th September

** Bets
    1.45 Catterick - Myboymax 12/1

Bets 6 .. Won 0 .. EP -6.00 / SP -6.00

No fancies for today
  18. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

19. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Wednesday 7th September

**Bets
    4.20 Uttoxeter - Royal Practitioner 15/2

Bets 7 .. Won 0 .. EP -.700 / SP -7.00

Fancies
    3.55 Carlisle - Monhammer 7/1 (365)

A few in form horses go in this and one of those is MONHAMMER , Linda Perratts inmate has been in good form and arrives on the back of two solid efforts here at Carlisle , one over todays CD last time out and the other over a mile. Both runs were good efforts , and in neither was he beaten far , but lto was a particularly decent run i thought , just being unable to reach the winner in the final stages. He's never won here but has placed on every visit , 3 from 3 at the course and 2 from 2 over CD , and i think today could well be the day he gets his head in front or i'm hoping so anyway. Trainer sends just this one out today , 13% strike rate over the past 21 days , and i think its interesting that she's got the inform claimer Mark Winn onboard for the first time, has a 29% strike rate in the past three weeks and when the duo have teamed up in the same period they're two from two , 100%. Theres a few to worry about but if putting his best foot forward then Monhammer will be a danger to all , and at a decentish price.

1.50 Doncaster - Temple Bruer 12/1 (365) - Sound Of Iona 11/2 (365)
    Apprentice handicap ... beware ! Punters graveyard lol .. normally leave these alone but i really like the look of two in this , who i think , if giving their running can take a hand in proceedings. First one is SOUND OF IONA , who has been in great form lately , last 4 runs - 3,2,1,3 , won at Ascot 5 days ago and followed that up with a solid third the next day and i can see no reason why she shouldnt go well again today. Jim Goldies as shrewd as they come imo and the fact that he turns her out again so quickly makes me think he fancies her to go well and thats good enough for me. She has a good record her at Donny , a win and a place from 4 runs over CD and three wins and a place from 6 runs overall. Jockey Amie Waugh hasnt been in bad form , in the past 21 days shes notched up a 15% strike rate and she comes here for this one ride. Has ridden the horse 11 times resulting in 2 wins and 3 places and in the previous 3 weeks when the trainer and jockey have combined their talents they've come away with a not too shabby 16%. If she's still in the same vein of form then she could go close here today. The other one i like is TEMPLE BRUER . Beaten lto by the re opposing inform Intervention , but i can see this one reversing the form today. This is only his third start for trainers Mike Murphy/Mike Keady and in his two runs to date for them he's won and come second , so maybe a change of scenery has worked the oracle and perked him up. In his two runs over CD he's won and placed , so course and distance shouldnt pose a problem. Secured Taylor Fisher for the ride and he's got an 18% strike rate , been impressed with him tbh and i think he's good value for his 7lb claim. Should be in the firing line at a nice price i think.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  20. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022