1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Turkey

Discussion in 'Eurovision 2012 Betting' started by Gavster, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

flag_turkey.png TRT have announced Cam Bonomo as Turkey’s representative at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest in Azerbaijan. This may see the return of a more traditional ethnic sound for Turkey this year, which should play well with the juries. I do however, worry about the potential of something more leftfield.

Here are some of Can’s songs:

2. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Live version. It's the dancing that gets my goat. What is a totally passable effort from Turkey, loses all credibility when he starts veering from one side of the stage to the other in some drunken stupor.
  3. Archi

Archi Member

I kind of forgot this song even though I always liked it. Didnt touch it simply because I didnt see too much value either way. Now I fancy them for top10, and here is why:

1. Geopolitical situation. Lots of turkish immigrants around europe, lots of friends.
    2. Cool ethnic vibe. Quite catchy stuff overall. And Can can sing, good vocals.
    3. Dude who looks like Aladdin asks you to love him back. Girls are jellow (some at least)

cant think of more reasons right now, but I'm starting to think they have a solid chance :p
  4. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

You never know,but aren't Moldova,Israel and Georgia doing this kind of thing better..
  5. Archi

Archi Member

Georgia? Better than Turkey? Darn.. No. Georgia is a complete mess. I know the dude is supposed to be awesome singer (4 octaves and whatever) but the song itself is all over the place. Only in my opinion obviously. Moldoca is very decent, and I do think they have a decent chance, but I think Turkey is slightly better still, and with friends I give them decent edge over Moldova. Israel I myself simply dont like. I'm starting to worry since people seem to like them quite a bit.
  6. Rob44

Rob44 Member

tough semi for turkey... they need their diaspora to turn up on the right night... unlike last year :naughty
  7. Archi

Archi Member

So you dont think they have a chance to finish top10? :eek: I dont know if the odds are quite high enough though. It's close for me right now. ~3.2 and I would gladly take it. Oh well, maybe I just let it be.
  8. Rob44

Rob44 Member

i don't know archi, this is an unusual year. normally i would just bet on turkey and greece for top 10 regardless and rake in the dosh. but this year i find their entries mediocre, while the scandis, some of the balkans, and most unusually the big five have all put in strong entries, add to that the azeris on home turf and bloody russian grannies, and i can see greece and turkey being squeezed out of the top 10 - there simply won't be enough jury points to go round nullifying their strong diaspora vote.

its just my theory though, and if they get good draws it might not make a difference the strength of the others. i'd wait for the draw if i were you... safest.
    Steve_uk likes this.