1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Week 11 25th Oct to 28th Oct

Discussion in 'FREE CASH KOMP 2019/20' started by slick, Oct 21, 2019.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2019
  2. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Week 11 latest scores:

Newman 5.65 (Sheff Weds draw, Mansfield, Ipswich, Yeovil)
    Howson 3.92 (Brighton, Middlesbrough draw)
    Slick 3.8 (Leicester, Watford draw) with Newcastle draw to come
    ODM 3.4 (draw at Salford, Hull) with Arsenal, Man Utd and draw at Liverpool to come
    Traeth 2.4 (Sheff Weds draw) with Bristol City and draws at Newcastle and Swansea to come
    Rcgills 2.2 (Gillingham) with Elche and Alcorcon to come
    Kegman 2.2 (Dumbarton, Leicester) with Spurs to come
    Nawoo 1.6 (Malaga) with a replacement pick for Bolton to come
    Kristobal 1.15 (Hull) with draws at Newcastle and Norwich to come
    Winrew 0.95 (Birmingham)
    Topdog 0 with Udinese and Real Sociedad to come

Plenty of cancelled games, only one player still to post a replacement - if you see this in time, Nawoo, post a replacement pick for Bolton :thumb
    slick likes this.
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Week 11 scores:

Slick 6 (Leicester, Watford draw, Newcastle draw)
    Newman 5.65 (Sheff Weds draw, Mansfield, Ipswich, Yeovil)
    Traeth 4.6 (Sheff Weds draw, Newcastle draw)
    ODM 4.15 (draw at Salford, Hull, Man Utd)
    Howson 3.92 (Brighton, Middlesbrough draw)
    Kristobal 3.35 (Hull, draw at Newcastle)
    Rcgills 2.2 (Gillingham)
    Kegman 2.2 (Dumbarton, Leicester)
    Nawoo 1.6 (Malaga)
    Topdog 1.45 (Real Sociedad)
    Winrew 0.95 (Birmingham)

Week 11 table:

1. Slick 41.87
    2. Topdog 39.87
    3. Traeth 39.00
    4. Kristobal 38.08
    5. Newman 36.32
    6. Winrew 33.52
    7. ODM 32.14
    8. Nawoo 31.45
    9. Howson 31.24
    10. Kegman 30.40
    11. Rcgills 25.79

Highest weekly score: Kristobal 11.33 (week 9)

Well done to Slick, top score for the week, and it's enough to take him to the top of the table :clap Topdog drops to 2nd, but has Traeth breathing down his neck in 3rd place.

Nawoo had the Bolton game postponed but hasn't posted a replacement, Nawoo, if you see this before tomorrow evening, post up a replacement from the Monday games.

Another no-show from Radoslav so he's been removed from the table. Although I was tempted to leave him in there. Just to show I'm not really last, you understand :lookaround
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    slick likes this.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I feel aggrieved that Arsenal blew a 2 goal lead and had a winner disallowed and Liverpool had a penalty that was never, ever a penalty (I don't give a fuck what the tossers on MOTD 2 say tonight). Never a penalty. Double points would have given me highest score and put me near the top of the table. Gutted
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Just seen it again onMOTD2. No. Never. The guy is going to clear the ball and the cunt puts his leg in the way.

VAR is making not want to bother watching football anymore. It’s just refs not wanting to say that other refs have made a mistake. Instead they’re ruling out goals that shouldn’t be ruled out because of offsides that only a fucking sliderule can work out. What the fuck happened to clear and obvious.

Just seen that the MOTD blokes are both strikers so no danger of them questioning the penalty.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I’ve done with the fucking game. Liverpool deserved to win it don’t get me wrong but it’s not the game I grew up watching anymore and it’s getting fucking ridiculous
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

The Arsenal decision for the winner is even worse
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

Same here mate, the game is just not enjoyable anymore. Have they actually explained why they disallowed the Arsenal goal? How can they get it so wrong after watching it several times? The only thing I can think of is that they adjudged Chambers to have push the Palace player in the back, but if that's the case then Arsenal should have had a penalty seconds earlier for a more blatant push.

Awful decision.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Welcome to my world ODM, welcome to my world:roll
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Apparently the Palace defender was “prevented from being able to clear the ball” Seen. I’ve watched it ten times and it just looked like a good old tussle for the ball and it nothing particularly stood out to me where you could say one player was doing anything illegal. Again, I go back to clear and obvious. This VAR was supposed to be the thing that cut down on after match debate and ensured fair results. Instead we are having to stop the games for 2 minutes every time, guess what they’ve seen that we haven’t and stil argue about it afterwards.

Wank
  11. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I've not seen anything of the Liverpool or Arsenal games, so can't comment on those in particular. But like you say, the original idea of VAR was to correct "clear and obvious" errors, and it's not being used in that way at all. The trouble is, football is often subjective. If it was a case of watching a replay and everything becoming clear, there'd never be any arguments in pubs and on forums, because everyone would be in agreement with what happened. It's not like that though - two people can watch the same incident and one will call it a clear penalty, while the other will call it a dive.

Technology's great for things that can be called 100% - goal line technology to see whether the ball crossed the line. When it comes to fouls, it's one person's opinion in real time versus another person's opinion after watching it for 2 mins from half a dozen angles. But it's still just their opinion.

I'd say it's ruining the game, but the only football I actually watch is Gillingham, and so don't have to deal with these problems :lol

On the subject of VAR, have you seen this from this weekend in Germany?:

A shot going yards wide. One of the subs (from the team defending that goal where the shot takes place) warming up behind the goal stops the ball for them to save his keeper having to go after it. Except, despite the fact he's got both feet behind the line, at the time he touches the ball, apparently about a millimetre of it is still in play. VAR gets involved, yellow card for the defender, and a penalty for the attacking team. Apparently (from what I've read on another forum, although I've not looked up the rules myself), that's the right decision - if a player off the pitch touches the ball while it's on the pitch, it's a direct free kick from the place he touches it, so in this case, a penalty. Strictly speaking, then, not a rant against VAR as such, as they've followed the rules, but how the hell can that justifiably be a penalty? Surely there has to be a little bit of common sense in decisions like this? It's not like the shot was on target and the bloke's run on to the pitch to prevent a goal.
    slick likes this.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Arsenal goal should have stood nothing wrong with it at all, as for the Mane pen, it looked more of a pen than the one against Leicester, he's a clever player albeit dirty fcuking cheating one:lol, he just shoved his leg at an un-natural angle so the Spurs player would clatter him when clearing the ball.
  13. Seen

Seen Moderator

The first Man Utd penalty on Sunday was a farce as well, ref doesn't give it but VAR then awards a penalty after taking ages to decide. And it WASN'T a penalty either, Dan James clearly leans in to the Norwich defender knocking him off balance which in turn caused him to miss the ball and James dove, never ever a penalty. The ref got it right and was wrongly over-ruled.

How can the moron doing the VAR get it so wrong after taking so long looking at it? If it takes so long to decide then IT'S NOT CLEAR AND OBVIOUS IS IT??? Fucking idiots.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1188580705170837507
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    SAMOAN likes this.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I think the dumb cunt got what he deserved. He should be nowhere near any touchline, nevermind the line where the goal is. Daft twat. As you say, they are the rules and the guy broke the rules. I have no problem with that VAR decision.
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

VAR ruled Firmino offside here as apparently his armpit (yes, his armpit) is further forward than the defender's knee. It's actually getting worse.

[​IMG]
  16. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

It'd be ridiculous if the goal had originally been allowed, and they'd then ruled it out on that basis. This time though, he was given offside by the linesman. If we're sticking with the concept of only overturning clear and obvious errors, then they've done nothing wrong this time. There was no error, he was offside (albeit by a ridiculous margin).
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

Fair point, BUT it's now quite clear that VAR is not being used for overturning clear and obvious errors, we've seen countless awful decisions over the last couple of weeks which prove this.

When you're looking at millimetres then there's no way you can be sure, so the advantage should be given to the attacking team imo. This is real life not fucking FIFA on the Xbox ffs. That example above is as clear as level as you can get - we also can't be sure that this was the precise split second that the pass was made. I thought the linesmen had been told not to raise their flag if it was tight? Or has that idea been binned now?
    slick likes this.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

It's become more about who's behind VAR, who's making the decisions when its marginal. Today it was Martin Atkinson, who fucking hates us.
    On another day, it could be someone who likes us. Firmino's goal would of stood, Villa's would of been disallowed for offside and we'd of head a pen for a clear handball.

Andy Gray sums it up..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1190785967227113472
    slick likes this.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

They are making a very simple concept absolutely farcical. Here’s how simple it is for offsides.... linesman (I’ll use that term till I die) if you aren’t 100% sure keep your fucking flag down! That way you can’t do any damage.

That’s what they did in the World Cup last year and that policy worked well. If a goal is scored and uv made a mistake, the goal won’t stand- simple.

Then, ONLY if an offside is clear and obvious do the VAR twats overturn it. And by that I don’t even care if it’s someone’s shoulder by half an inch on your imaginary dotted lines, if it’s not obvious the first time you look at then replay then it’s not fucking obvious- end of story
    SAMOAN likes this.
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

...and again, in the Everton v Spurs match. Clear handball in the box (arms above head), VAR watches it about a thousand times, every single viewing shows it's a penalty, 3 minutes later - no penalty. Fucking ridiculous.