1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

What have you bought lately?

Discussion in 'Tech and Info' started by slick, Apr 24, 2015.

1. slick

slick Administrator

That's strange.
    Have you tried taking it off and reinstalling it?
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Have you got a satellite dish Keggers?
    If so you should think about getting an openbox or the like for watching sport, I just use my android box for watching movies and tv shows.

An openbox will cost you about £35 quid and a tenner for 12 months viewing that gives you every channel going including the racing and footy.
  3. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Try pak hind,vdubt 25, uk turks and phoenix - defo get racinguk on at least one of them
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Tried them all Howson :unsure

It's funny but cause everytime i click on Racing Uk the response is the same no matter what addon i try. It does fuck all and when i say fuck all it doesn't open up a new menu to even let you try to select say stream 1 or stream 2.

I think i may go down the road of trying that other box slick but I'll let you know.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Howsons thinking of going down that route too.
    I've just bought a twin tuner enigma2 satellite box off ebay for him to try once I've set it up.
    Hopefully it'll arrive before the weekend and he can give you his unbiased untechy opinion of it.

I bought a Zgemma, it's a cheaper version of the main box I already have (Vu+ duo) but because it's an enigma2 box it should act exactly the same way.
    Upstairs I have the cheaper openbox, just for switching on and watching the footy whenever she's watching something downstairs.

There's a 101 things the enigma box can do that the openbox won't, but if you just want to watch straight TV with a now and next epg then the openbox is fine.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

The Zgemma works fine, I kept the OpenATV image on it and it works flawlessly.
    It took about half an hr to setup using dboxedit to add a boquet and a ftp program to add the cline, most of the time was took up scanning stations.

The remote response is very good and the picture spot on for the price,(£70).
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I also bought another firestick today, I couldn't resist, they are on offer for prime members @ £19 until midnight.
    I took the prime trial for 30 days and can cancel at anytime in my amazon profile by just clicking a button.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Well i've took the plunge and bought a PS4, mainly because of PS+ not offering any decent titles in ages and I quite fancy the thought of playing Oblivion online with Tamriel.
    I've only spent a few hrs on the console so far and still getting my head around it.

I also bought a pair of dog claw clippers because the old bastard's back legs are going and she's started to look like Freddy Krueger due to the fact she's not going out as often as she once did to wear her claws down.
    I didn't have the heart to cut them though because she's terrified of having them clipped due to having an accident when she was a pup, (she was legging it in the park and caught her claw on a brick or something, which left the claw hanging out at a right angle.)

I took her to the Vets, he said the best course of action is to cut it right back into the wick, which he did (ouch), she shit on his table in the process and been terrified of having her claws clipped since.

So basically I paid a tenner for a pair of clippers for fcuk all, she saw me unwrapping them, spotted what they were and fcuked off quickly, it's funny how dogs don't forget.
    In the end I took her to the vet ( a different one) and let him handle it, £14.40 for a 5 minute pedicure lol, I'm in the wrong business.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Howson did you get your Data thingymebob?
  10. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Yeah got it just, took me a hour to get home on Thursday night, and Argos was shutting, but they let me get it.

Im borrowing a laptop off my mate tmw morn, so not tried it yet.

You need to go in my place Tuesday mate, loads of stuff for you and ur sidekick
  11. slick

slick Administrator

K m8 will do.

I won't ask why it took you an hr to get home lol, but I had to laff today when I read the news and saw that a big fcuk off hole has appeared on the Mancy way and could take weeks to fix, your old Mucka Bag of bones travels that way and the next few weeks are going to be horrific for anybody crossing his path. That boy can moan and tell a tale.
  12. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Ha Ha im off all next week, he will be in ur place Tuesday morn sir whinge alot
  13. slick

slick Administrator

No he won't he's off next week.
    I believe he's taking a wee break in Bowness, I would have told you sooner but didn't have the heart.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Hows the Holiday going Howson?

Me and Cleggy were doing a job today and ended up on a roller coaster flying around a living room.

No I'm not on those Chem drugs Komp uses but we were doing a job in the Thinklab (I don't know how they let Cleggy in either) and some guys in there were doing work using a 3D virtual reality headset so I asked for a go.
    They sat me on a chair and told me to put some goggles on, next thing I was sat in a 'Living room' looking around at the decor and furniture then all of a sudden a train track appeared under my chair, next thing I was whizzing around this fcuking room holding on for grim death, all I could hear was Cleggy saying 'Stop Swearing, stop swearing there's women in the room' you kinda forget because you're in your own environment with the headset on.

Then Cleggy had a go, it's a pity there wasn't a staircase nearby because it would have been funny to push the chair he was sat on down it lol and make it more realistic.

I'll tell you what though, this has to be the future of gaming, the experience was unreal and if anybody get's the chance to try it out do so because it's an amazing experience.
    Punter likes this.
  15. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

That sounds good Slick, book me on when I get back.

Hols are good, apart from that damn dongle running out of data 15 minutes into the mighty reds game last night. Had to get another top up today for £15, put it this way, I wont be booking anywhere without wifi ever again.
    slick likes this.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

lol, So that Kenyan safari your wife dreams about is out of the question then.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Thinking about it, do they even have wifi in Leigh yet?
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Howson,I've done one firestick but need tuther account details for tuther.
    New kodi aswell, don't know what the difference is yet mind as it looks exactly the same.
  19. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Slick - i tried that password you gave me last night, but it didnt work, was ur dish on?
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I'm working on it now because it ain't working for me either, I need to reset the router but she's watching that bleeding android box.
    Once she's finished I'll try and get it sorted.