1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

What's wrong with Everton?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by slick, Oct 19, 2017.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Another bad result tonight, things seem to be going from bad to worse.
    I don't think the players Koeman has brought in are that bad but they just don't seem to be clicking, too many new players too soon maybe? need time to Gel that Koeman won't get?

Lukaku they were never going to keep but in recent years Everton had a lot more about them than one man, maybe they should have kept the likes of Barry for a season more because if anything they look to be lacking experience, saying that Rooney has bags of it but is not a fraction of the player he once was, everybody could see that so why buy him? Koeman doesn't look the sort of bloke to me that does nostalgia, maybe there are people above Koeman in the boardroom pulling too many strings.
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

Never mind that. What the fuck is wrong with Sunderland? :ohwell
    slick likes this.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

MAN UTD TOP OF GROUP A
    CHELSEA TOP OF GROUP C
    LIVERPOOL TOP OF GROUP E
    MAN CITY TOP OF GROUP F
    TOTTENHAM TOP OF GROUP H
    EVERTON TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU..
    slick likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I see the big fella has now gone.
    Just looking at Evertons results and fixture list and whoever comes in looks to be on a winner, Koeman was pretty hard done to having to face 5 of the top 6 in the opening 8 fixtures, confidence has been knocked right out of them.

Haven't got a clue who'd they get in next because they have quite a few options, I see Dyche is favourite, if they're thinking of going down that route then why not bring Moyes back who knows the club well.
    I fancy Coleman myself @ 16/1
    Punter likes this.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

Great story of how Neville Southall nearly became Everton's caretaker manager, but didn't :p

upload_2017-10-25_12-43-37.png
    slick likes this.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

7. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sunderland's utterly disgraceful home record in 2017. The wins are highlighted in green.

[​IMG]
    Punter likes this.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol at both of those posts
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

A tenner on Sunderland in play @ 6/4 (2-2, 64 mins)
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

and within a minute Bolton score :lol FFS
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Grayson sacked.
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

Conceded 3 goals at home to bottom club Bolton, who had previously scored just 8 goals all season (in 14 games).

Should sack all the players too. Absolute joke of a club.
  13. Seen

Seen Moderator

14. Seen

Seen Moderator

15. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Chris Coleman the new manager at Sunderland :eek I know Wales failed to qualify for the World Cup, and can understand him wanting to move on, but Sunderland? From his point of view it looks like a huge risk.
    Punter likes this.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

It's a great appointment imo. Big club struggling, nothing to lose and providing there are no financial worries the only way is up.
  17. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Only way is up? There's a bloody big trap door opening up underneath them. Coleman could be going from Euro semi-finals against Portugal to sampling the delights of Gillingham in the space of 2 years. Wouldn't necessarily be his fault if they do go down, the rot seems to have set in already, but he could still find himself managing in league 1 by August.

Surely he could've got a job somewhere higher than that? West Ham? Everton?
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

I can only assume that the guy has serious mental problems.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

First I've heard of this.
    The guy has bigger ball's than I ever imagined, he could have walked a lot easier Premiership job no problemo.
    Good luck to the man and Sunderland, I really hope he turns their fortunes round for having the guts to take the job on.
  20. traeth

traeth Moderator

Chris Coleman gave us the best football summer we've had in 2016 .
    It must be the money that has attracted Coleman to Sunderland as I find it difficult to believe that managing them is a better option than managing Wales.
    Ryan Giggs is the bookies favourite but he is not the favourite with the majority of fans.
    Second favourite ids Tony " dinosaur" Pulis , it was the lack of ability to retain the lead that cost us qualification for the World Cup and Pulis could improve that but with the detriment of attacking football.
    I would like Mark Hughes to have another attempt as our manager.
    There are numerous odd characters listed in the betting for next manager but a manager omitted from the list who has been mentioned by a few welsh fans is Carl Robinson , He manages Vancouver Whitecaps and played over fifty times for Wales, retired from international football about 10 years ago.
    The next Wales match will be in March so there is no rush to appoint.

Thanks Chris , good luck with the new job.
    p.s. hopefully he might get sacked before we get a new manager , the majority of fans would have him back