1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Womens World Cup betting 2019

Discussion in 'International Football Betting' started by slick, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I've been impressed with Holland and thought they'd be odds on v Sweden.

Golfing tomorrow night so will have to put up with only 45 mins of commentators slavering shit about how England are amazing
    slick likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

lol, there is that element to it Keggers.

Thought England odds would have been shorter tell the truth as England seem to be getting better as they progress and I don't see us being that much worse than the French who gave them a game.
    The USA stats though are off the scale having not been beat for Donkeys and seemingly scoring for fun although the drubbing of Thailand 13-0 would have massively raised those stats.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Lucy Bronze interviewed on BBC now. Apparently she's never had a coach who has put so much into her.
    slick likes this.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Get fucking in
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

That was one of the worst penalties I've ever seen, it was going so slowly the keeper had to stop her dive midway through so she didn't go over the top of it :p
  6. Seen

Seen Moderator

Also is Nikita Parris thick as pig shit? She gave away 3 free kicks in injury time which probably cost her team a vital 2 minutes.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

And that silly bastard having a shot from outside the box in the dying minutes when she had two runners either side.

Decision making and passing was abysmal tonight and they still had every chance to beat the Yanks, I'd usually say 'Hard luck' but they shot themselves in the foot.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm sorry guys but I'm done with this shit. You can talk about the technical ability of the women all day long (although I honestly haven't seen too much of that) but last nights game (Holland v Sweden) has finished me off.

After seeing a great strike for the winning goal and a couple of truly great fingertip saves (probably the best I've seen from a female keeper), any hopes that this is going to be a watchable sport were completely wiped out in the closing stages of extra time.

First Holland's Shanice van de Sanden (who is apparently a top player who plays for the top women's club team Olympique Lyonnais, yet has looked absolutely fucking useless every time I've seen her for Holland) gets played in to the box from the right with just the keeper to beat, she tries to bend the ball in to the far corner with the outside of her foot yet only succeeded in ridiculously toe-ending the ball so wide it nearly hit the corner flag.
    :spaz

And
    then to top it off, Sweden's Asllani challenged for a high ball, the opposition player won the header and the ball hit Asllani in the cheek. She was STRETCHERED OFF. Like what the actual fuck??? :giveup The ball hit her in the face, from a header ffs. It's not like she got hit point blank with a power shot or clearance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/c8u4xi/k_asllani_sweden_w_being_stretchered_off_the/

Possibly she's jerked her neck or something so it might just be a freak occurrence but it does underline the frailties of the women playing this physical game. Men footballers get elbowed in the head by real powerhouses of opposition players all the time and rarely are unable to continue unless it's a real bad one.
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

An update on @KosovareAsllani from @svenskfotboll National Team Doctor, Houman Ebrahimi, - a CT and MRI scan were performed in hospital and preliminary results show no signs of serious damage.

So nowt wrong with her then, she just got hit in the face with a headed ball :ohwell

update - she has a 'sore neck' :ohwell

'With the team' so presumably she'll be making a miraculous recovery from her near death experience to play against England on Sat.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    slick and SAMOAN like this.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Didn't see the game last night but the ladies do get a tad emotional, I still can't get the Cameroons out of my head when they broke down in tears and threatened to walk off the pitch claiming racism because their goal was offside as confirmed by VAR.
    I mentioned this to Cleggy because his niece plays for England and he replied 'it's probably that time of the month' and he's probably right.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Final and Third place match betting...
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

England v Sweden probably a low scoring game, 0-0, 1-0 or 1-0

USA should win the final comfortably, Holland are not very good at all, fuck knows how they've made the final.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

14. slick

slick Administrator

England and USA double equates to odds @ 2.34
    Might have a wee tinker on that for a bit of interest because there's fcuk all else on.
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

What a surprise, Asllani has recovered from nearly having her head knocked off by a headed ball to start against England :p
  16. slick

slick Administrator

lol, well you did call it Seen.
    Seen likes this.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Should have known she would score lol

How bad was that defending again.
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

[​IMG]
    slick likes this.