1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

World Cup Group Stage betting Nov 20th - Dec 2nd 2022

Discussion in 'International Football Betting' started by Punter, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

The opener on Sunday. Hard to assess but i'm going to play small level stakes in various markets, in certain group games, for a bit of interest. Not that i'll be able to watch it all.

Qatar v Ecuador

I'd favour Ecuador in this game anywhere else in the world, but what with it being the opening fixture of the host nation i'm of the opinion that Qatar will get something from the game.
    Neither would want to lose it and i've got a 1-1 scoreline in my head.

Draw @ 41/20
    BTTS @ 57/50
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

England v Iran

England might as well pack up and fly straight back home if they dont win with a bit to spare here.

3-Way Handicap, Starts 0-1 - England @ 6/5
    Total Offsides, Over 3.5 @ 5/4

Senegal v Netherlands

Not sure how this one will turn out but i think it will be one of the better games. I expect Senegal to make a game of it. A good attacking game from both.

Total Goals - Over 2.5 @ 23/20
    Total Shots on target by Senegal - Over 3.5 @ 37/20

USA v Wales

USA failed to win in their last 3 qualifying only scoring 1 goal in the process and chose not to have a warm up friendly, so it's a while since they were a team together.
    I'm supporting Wales, i want them to win and i think they will. Bale goes into the game in form, fit and up for it but i also like what Kieffer Moore can do in the box and what Wilson, James and Williams can do going forward.
    Up the Wales, Boyo!

Wales @ 43/20
    Total Offsides by Wales - Over 1.5 @ 10/11
    slick likes this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Good luck Punt, those look good odds for Wales, I was expecting them to be around evens.

I'll be watching the England game in work, we've just moved to a new building with all singing and dancing AV equipment.
    In one of The rooms I'm responsible for we have a huge 100" OLED screen which is meant to be used for presentations.

I took a firestick in last Thursday to watch the England v India T20 WC semi final and test it for the forthcoming WC.
    I plugged it in and it was brilliant, I was watching it with workmate and he said do you realise that is a touchscreen.
    I Said no and touched the screen, a little tab appeared which I also touched and then more tabs appeared one of them being a pen.
    I touched that and the play stopped, it was like being a pundit on Skysports, so for a laugh I started drawing a plan in Red pen to beat India by showing my fielding positions and where to bowl the ball which resulted in a huge proverbial drawing of a cock and balls with japs eye et all .
    After a laff, I touched the tab and like magic the red cock and balls disappeared.

Then we carried on watching the game, with an over or two to go , there was a knock on the door and then it opened, you have to walk down a wee corridor before entering the main room where I was and in that time My workmate said 'it's the boss'.
    Without thinking I turned the telly off and then to my horror there was a huge cock and balls on the now black screen in dust and grease that my mucky fingers had left behind:lol

My boss is a woman, So I grabbed the bottom of my t-shirt and started rubbing like fuck trying to get it off.:lol
    Luckily I got away with it but I won't be doing any punditry for the WC lol.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    Punter and Kegman like this.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

There is often a shock in the first game but as there is no odds on in the first game I would fall back in fact number 2 and that is, nobody wants to lose the first game .

I like the draw too but we can’t rule out a Qatari bribe ao be in the lookout for dodgy pens / free kicks , own goals and players deliberately giving away penalties
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol:lol Slick

Yes ODM, already reports that Qatar have paid 8 Ecuador players $7.4M to lose the game. It couldn't be ruled out could it.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Argentina v S.Arabia

Total goals by Argentina Over 2.5 @ 19/20
    BTTS @ 39/20

Mexico v Poland

Mexico @ 7/4
    Mexico over 2.5 cards @ 8/5

Denmark v Tunisia

Total Goals by Denmark - Over 1.5 @ 22/25
    Total Cards Tunisia - Over 2.5 @ 33/20

France v Australia

From the mirror..

Konate will be playing some part in this WC. If he does start tomorrow then 11/2 for him to get carded looks a little generous.
    Although a really strong and and exciting defender, he sometimes gets caught out and can make a clumsy challenge or two. Still very young and puts himself about.

Ibrahima Konate to be carded @ 11/2
    Ht/Ft - Draw/France @ 13/4
    slick likes this.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

A poor start so i sacked this off. Probably best watched for now and better off waiting to the last 16. I'm sure there will be something more solid to bet on then.
    slick likes this.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Time for the proper football now the Group stages are over.

Who's impressed most?
    I'd say France, they look solid and have lots of strength in depth, after them probably Brazil but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the minnows do well, Japan or Morocco could imo progress to the quarters and maybe beyond.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

I wont rule out Brazil or England but France and Argentina look to have the best chance to me. If you want me to pin it to one i'd say Argentina.
    The dream of Messi lifting a world cup is very much on. They are starting to purr. There's a growing confidence in their play. Alveres is also looking world class. More to come from him. On top of it they have a huge following, massive. They are filling out the stadiums. A Qatar and sponsors dream.
    We'd all be ok with Messi lifting it, if we cant, wouldn't we?
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm enjoying it, loving this winter idea, hope they do it again. No fannying about for weeks when it's over either, straight back to prem games.

I'm not sure i like the idea of the 48 teams for the next WC. 16 groups of 3 with the top two going through.
    Overkill or good idea?
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Defo overkill and I don't like this Winter WC.
    Dunno what it is but i can't get into it, it's like a bunch of exhibition matches.

The WC has to be in the summer, maybe it's because what I'm used to but It's an out of season festival that fills in the end of season void.

The footy season is what it's all about and the Christmas fixtures are sacrilege , having a reset just as the season is hotting up is madness.

I hope the Fifa officials choke on their oil money:unsure
    Punter likes this.
  13. winrew

winrew GILF

Normally see quite a few English flags around here , seen one so far.
    Seems to be a bit of a non event.
    Punter likes this.