1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

World cup qualifying betting June 7th

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014 Betting' started by mijosim, Jun 5, 2013.

1. mijosim

mijosim Member

Sorry for not posting odds.

My two cents.

Watched Croatia few times in this qualifications and my impression is they play nothing special. But they show in those game they are big team by winning them even without good play. Simply to much quality in this team.
    Modric is big loss IMO (correct me if i wrong). Dont know can Kovacic cover him.

Watched Scotland against Serbia. They are piss poor. Serbia, team which is in mess and cant create anything, won 2-0 and should have been more. I didnt see anything except fighting spirit. Now i read few players are out for Scotland. If their replacements are worse, cant see them taking anything. Croatia wont trash them, simply they dont play that good. But 2-0 is very possible. Odds are so-so but really cant see Scots doing anything here

Friends who track Scotland closer, help is welcome.
  2. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Your correct in what you say Mijosim. Scotland are piss poor. Serbia but also Wales. Both these teams are poor but obviously better than Scotland.

Strachan will do ok (i hope) to try and progress the younger players and get a more settled squad and the main goal i think would be to qualufy for the WC 2018 ad the european champs in 2016 is most probably too soon.

Cant see anything other than a home win but clutching at straws i could slightly justify a 0-0 but thats clutchong
  3. mijosim

mijosim Member

Not so sure Kegman. Simply dont think they can hold. Offensive power is just big in Croatian team. Mandzukic, Olic, Eduardo, Jelavic...If that dont do the job, there is Srna and his free kicks. Scotland looked like a team that cant score and will concede ,against Serbia. And trust me, Serbia score one in million years.
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Piece of piss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Punter likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

lol, congratulations Keggers.
    Wasn't the greatest game ever but the result was all that mattered, I expected a stand up finish from Croatia but it never materialsed, Scotland dug in and did what they had to do.
  6. mijosim

mijosim Member

LOL!!! WTF was this? Scotland, ok. One chance one goal. Even that chance wasnt created by them. Croatia? Not a single chance,except Mandzukic miss from 30 CM. I already said they dont play anything special, but they looked like team from fifth hat. :puke
  7. slick

slick Administrator

And there was me trying not to be so frank:lol

To be fair MJ Croatia were pretty inept too, I expected fireworks from them in the last 20 mins but they turned out out be a damp squib.
    The Croatia of old would have battled away but this lot didn't seem Interested, too busy going down at the slightest touch looking for free kick, I'll give the ref his dues mind he had a very good game and wasn't fooled.
  8. mijosim

mijosim Member

Sorry Slick, but i am just pissed. Yes, old Croatia would win. Now their coach is Stimac and everyone will tell you he doesnt have a clue. One way of play ( Srna then cross on Mandzukic) is tragic at least. They have luck Serbia is even bigger crap with dumber Mihajlovic as coach.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

I'm half pissed too MJ so no need for apologies.

I totally agree with what you have said, i.e Scotland's goal was a gimmee from a Croatian mistake but that was early into the game and Croatia had plenty of time left to pull the game back.

But the fact is that Croatia lacked that strong metal like mentality they used to have, as I mentioned they seemed more pre-occupied hitting the floor trying to get cheap free kicks than they were just getting on with the game and winning it, I wouldn't say Strachan has worked miracles with Scotland, just that Croatia were never at the races. Maybe they had a dose of end of season blues thinking they have already qualified for Brazil 2014.

Could be the wake up call Croatia need; if so It'll be interesting to see how they perform in their next game, as for Scotland it will still take a miracle for them to qualify but I'm a believer of never say never so let's see how they kick on from here.
    if they get anything from their next match albeit at home to Belgium then they really have turned a corner and I'll doff my cap to Strachan.