1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

2011 Rugby Union World Cup Betting

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by traeth, Aug 23, 2011.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

You'd have to have been watching this World Cup very early on to hear 'Flower of Scotland' slick :unsure

Last time I heard it they were testing their voices on it before the Zulu's charged at Rorkes Drift
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Here's the words to 'land of our fathers' ODM.

It's been taken from the Welsh version of 'Smash Hits'.

wales.PNG
  3. slick

slick Administrator

True, they should change the flower bit to seed.
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I like the way they tell 'em to sit down after the first verse :unsure
  5. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

For some reason, when you posted that up Slick all I could imagine was Jimmy Nail singing it :unsure I think it was the 'Gwlad, Gwlad' bit :lol
  6. slick

slick Administrator

It's not even a language really is it, it's like to try and gain independance they have done a lucky dip in a scrabble bag to come up with something to piss off the English.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Not at all Slick. I had a few close mates who were Scottish back in the day. I'd spend all week taking the piss out of their country to wind them up and then spend Friday and Saturday nights joining in with Flower of Scotland at the top of my voice in the pub just to piss the (English) locals off. Many a time it would end in a brawl :)

Ah those were the days.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Abrawl isn't a place in Wales by the way.

I was going on to say that that era spoiled the song for me. It all becomes a bit nursery rhymey after while.

That Welsh translation is not what I'm after by the way. It may as well be chinese. What I need is something that spells out what it sounds like (strange guttural noises aside)

Pie is going to go apeshit when he sees all this bollocks in the rugby thread :D :D
  9. suirthing

suirthing Member

France for me, simply because they are the better team, its the French that should be favs. French rugby is after all much better than Welsh rugby, sure there are 3 of the Welsh team are off to play with French clubs after the World Cup.......no doubt some Welsh men trying to win a Heineken cup medal :)The French will have the Welsh well figured out and have the ability to stop them in their tracks. Wales have only beaten 1 team of note so far in this tournament and that Irish team just looked like an old horse, that had run one race too many. Ye have been warned!
    Viva le France :D
  10. traeth

traeth Moderator

got to finish my bacon sandwiches before the anthems

c'mon boys

p.s. thankfully I did not come on here last night after a few pints or I would have risen to the baiting
  11. stereoman

stereoman Member

If Wales lose, fingers will be pointed that not only were Wales not good enough on the day but folks didn't take any notice of the 28-9 loss back in March.

I've backed Wales (-2) though. :unsure
  12. stereoman

stereoman Member

James Hook scores the first three points in the game through a penalty and the PA plays Charlotte Church's 'Crazy Chick'. Meh. They're probably saving Duffy's 'Mercy' when Wales score a try.
  13. stereoman

stereoman Member

Sam Warburton's been sent off and Wales have to play the next 62 minutes with one less man. Ugh.
  14. stereoman

stereoman Member

Mike Phillips scores the first try of the game (Tom Jones's 'Delilah') but Stephen Jones misses the conversion. There's 20 minutes left. It's 9-8 to France.
  15. stereoman

stereoman Member

...and that's how it ends. If Australia or New Zealand don't beat France, it'll have been a wacky World Cup.
  16. Pie-chucker

Pie-chucker Member

Oh, well. Fair enough.

But it puts the 10th or 12th best team into the final. Not good for the tournament.

France are rubbish.
  17. Pie-chucker

Pie-chucker Member

Frogs. No wit, no threat, no imagination, nothing. One good first half v England last 6 weeks.

Rolland, on strict interpretation, may have been right with the red. So let's hope the interblogs don't go into more ref bashing nonsense.

That we drive me madder than the bloody Frogs being in the final.
  18. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

The little that I know i thought it was harsh, thought it was more the body weight that took him that far tbh.

When i first looked i was surprised to see Wales such big favourites but was backing them anyway. Anyone who can say France are the better side after that (not baiting, suir, you said it beforehand) needs their head examining.
    Mickey said something about the Scottish footie side during the week, 'very brave, ahh bollox' or something like that. i'm sure the Welsh are the same, not wanting to hear 'poor old, brave Wales'.....but sport lost there if you ask me, although I am very anti-frog.
    Manure are losing though, so I guess you have to take it where you can get it :D

:unsure bollox
  19. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

I've taken a loss on my North v South spread bet. North are 153 ahead at the moment but the current spread is 92-97 so I've closed for a 92 pt loss. At least I feel better about my bet at the last world cup though.:lol My big mistake was not closing straight after the Ireland Australia game though.

Tomorrow I've put 5pts on Aus at 3.6 with Will Hill based on the fact they have conceded so few tries at this world cup and also the old gut instinct that the price is too big. There is also the thought of whether or not this will be the NZ choke moment.
  20. traeth

traeth Moderator

New Zealand 20-6 Australia , N.Z. overcame the cap easily to give the same finalist and 3rd/4th playoff contenders as the original World Cup in 1987 in New Zealand .
    New Zealand won that one easily 29-9 , we came third by one point when Thornburn converted a late try try .

cap for the final
    New Zealand -16 1.91 v France +16 1.91 ...stan james

cap for the bronze
    Wales +4 1.91 v Australia -4 1.91 ...V.C.