1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Cricket Champions League 20/20

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by swooperman, Sep 19, 2011.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Not a format I'm a great fan of betting in tbh, but spotted something that I reckon is worth a shot at.

Somerset v Auckland Aces, tuesday, 15:30 uk, Eurosport 2

Somerset have had a bit of shite last couple of weeks after having slipped away in the championship, roughly coinciding with the injury of their captain Marcus Trescothick, & losing @ Lords on saturday in the CB40 Trophy to Surrey, that being their 5th runners up spot in the last 2 years.
    The fact that they keep getting to the runners up spots means that theyre obviously a decent side, but you have to bear in mind a few things in their preparation for this tournament.

1) Trescothick has been injured recently, but pushed himself to play on saturday in a losing cause. He wouldnt have played anyway as he doesnt travel abroad anymore due to his well publicised demons. He is a big player for Somerset although it could be argued that theyre used to being without him.
    2) Both Craig Kieswetter & Josh Buttler are with england & only join up with the squad if they qualify for the tournament proper. Kieswetter, with Tresco, normally opens & sets the pace. Buttler was the only reason why Somerset got as big a score as they did @ Lords. 3 massive losses.
    3) Kieswetter is also the wicketkeeper, meaning theyre pulling in admittedly ex-1st class keep but he only plays minor counties these days.
    4) They only flew out sunday night so will only have been in India a day, meaning no preparation for a subdued depleted squad.

Minus points are that Auckland have just lost to Kolkata Knight Riders, but should really have got home. It means that the Somerset game is do or die for them, but they have plenty of experience in Andre Adams, Kyle Mills, Lou Vincent, Hopkins, Guptill, adams & Mike Bates was outstanding today. Yes these guys are only Kiwis but theyre still mostly internationals excepting Bates.
    Aucklands slow attack will be suited to these pitches which were difficult today & all the qualifiers are on the same ground. Somersets attack isnt bad, Alphonso Thomas is a master @ 20/20 & is one of three players with IPL experience, but the clincher for me is that I wouldnt have expected the side Somerset will put out to get anywhere close to Kolkata, & Auckland have the benefit of having already played.
    Its only my lack of relative knowledge about New Zealand domestic 20/20 that stops me going in higher.

Auckland Aces @ 10/11 Bet365 10pnts
  2. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Great Line from Ian Chappel on this game.
    "The problem with common sense is that it is not very common":)
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Auckland should have walked this. that Kyle Mills over was horrendous
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

1 off 1 ball needed. wicket or a dot (unlikely) means a super over. Auckland were the value punt, went off shorter