1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Premier League 17th/18th/19th/21st August

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Kegman, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Saturday 17th August 2013
    12:45 Liverpool 4/11 Draw 7/2 Stoke 8/1
    15:00 Arsenal 2/5 Draw 7/2 Aston Villa 7/1
    15:00 Norwich 2/1 Draw 12/5 Everton 13/10
    15:00 Sunderland 5/4 Draw 12/5 Fulham 21/10
    15:00 West Brom 13/10 Draw 12/5 Southampton 2/1
    15:00 West Ham 10/11 Draw 5/2 Cardiff 3/1
    17:30 Swansea 100/30 Draw 13/5 Manchester Utd 4/5

Sunday 18th August 2013
    13:30 Crystal Palace 7/2 Draw 11/4 Tottenham 8/11
    16:00 Chelsea 1/6 Draw 11/2 Hull 12/1

Monday 19th August 2013
    20:00 Manchester City 2/7 Draw 9/2 Newcastle 9/1
  2. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm all over Spurs like a dug eating hot chips. Have been throwing the odd quid at them as I thought 4/5 was a decent price.

I can see Palace going straight back down this season and although the Bale debate still goes on I think Spurs will have too much for Palace albeit it away from home against Palace on their opening home game of the season in front of a passionate crowd. Soldado is a fantastic signing and although Dembele isn't playing for Belgium midweek due to an injury I think he'll be playing at the weekend hoping to get Spurs of to a flyer.
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Palace have signed Chamakh from Arsenal on a one-year deal.

His first season at Arsenal was promising with him scoring about a dozen goals but the next was poor.
    He was loaned out to West Ham last year but must have been a dud there as well because he played only 3 times.

If he starts he will be looking to impress (especially against Spurs) but as I don't rate him very highly I'm having some more on Spurs at 4/5 :crossfingers
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Good luck Keggers.
    I'm just gonna sit back and see how the first couple of weeks pan out, too many changes pre-season for my liking.
    Including the new boys there must be 8 or 9 changes of or new managers this season.
    I'm being drawn to Norwich though, not a bad price considering Martinez is now in charge of Everton and Everton are the proverbial slow starters.
  5. fcbasher

fcbasher Active Member

I read an interesting fact about the Swansea/Utd game,in the RFO,the swans have lost just once in 10 home matches against Utd in the past,obviously this will include old results as the Swans were only recently promoted.Also 3 out of the 4 premiership matches have been under 2.5 goals,food for thought.
  6. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Every week I thank God I'm not an Arsenal fan. How many seasons has this French clown got to fuck up before they get rid of him.

Bloke's a cunt
  8. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

One of my mates is an Arsenal fan and he thinks the sun shines out of his arse and I love winding him up about how shite he is. I keep saying this has to be his last season but another season passess with no trophies and another
  9. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I think Villa are too big at that price, theres no pressure on us at all & I fancy a result & have had a small bet
  10. slick

slick Administrator

I didn't realise Bendtner was still on Arsenals books.
    I watched Arsenal against City last weekend in a friendly, I know you shouldn't read much into them but the last pre season friendly is usually a pointer to a teams lineup and shape before the season kicks off.
    Wasn't a bad performance from Arsenal and they seemed to have gone back to fast counter attacking football like they used to play when Henry was about.

Reading the article above though I hadn't realised the squad was so bare mainly due to injury's.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm with Kegs, fancy a Spurs win.

I was listening to Tim Vickery on Sky sports the other day, he's an English football journalist who has lived in Brazil for the past 20 yrs. He was talking about all the South American players who are over here. He really praised up Spurs Paulinho. Said he's an attacking midfielder that likes to burst into the box, and is expecting a good season from him.
    As an attacking midfielder and as I fancy Spurs to hit 3 goals, I've chanced him as an anytime scorer.

Paulinho, Anytime scorer @ 4/1 Skybet.
  12. traeth

traeth Moderator

13. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Good call too to Alan Shearer on Match of the Day with his analysis of Villas' second penalty in total contrast to all the dross spoken on Sky Sports
  14. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

It was a bit of a set up too to embarrass 74% of Twitter users.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Explain please mate. I'm confused
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Excellent call with the Villa clap
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I concur. No I didn't go with the tip because I'm a total dickhead
  18. Bultip

Bultip Bultip.com

For today, the handicap win for Manchester City looks sure. Newcastle does not perform well in games against the top teams, esepcially away. Manchester City wants to reclaim their title, and after 4:1 win for Man Utd and 2:0 for Chelsea, it is time for Man City to take a win with two or more goals.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Fantastic call on Villa, great game too.
    Have refs been given orders to let a lot more go this season? because in both the liverpool and Arsenal games the tackles were flying in and the ref's seemed happy enough to play on, I hope so as both ended up great games to watch.

City should win tonight but I've said that on plenty of occasions only to come unstuck with the buggers, in recent yrs this fixture has produced goals and with City now playing with a higher line under Pellegrini It could be one for btts especially if Lescot plays due to his lack of pace.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Half time draw - full time City, that's my bet. I'm going to wait 20mins or so and back the overs when the price is more respectable.