1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Premier League betting 28th April - 2nd May

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Apr 26, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

English Premier League
    28 Apr 15:00 UK Everton v Fulham 1.80 3.50 4.60
    28 Apr 15:00 UK Stoke v Arsenal 4.00 3.50 1.91
    28 Apr 15:00 UK Sunderland v Bolton 1.91 3.40 4.00
    28 Apr 15:00 UK Swansea v Wolves 1.60 4.20 5.00
    28 Apr 15:00 UK West Brom v Aston Villa 2.10 3.40 3.40
    28 Apr 15:00 UK Wigan v Newcastle 2.80 3.30 2.50
    28 Apr 17:30 UK Norwich v Liverpool 3.60 3.50 2.00
    29 Apr 13:30 UK Chelsea v QPR 1.33 5.00 8.50
    29 Apr 16:00 UK Tottenham v Blackburn 1.40 5.00 6.50
    30 Apr 20:00 UK Man City v Man Utd 2.20 3.30 3.25

Odds [SIZE=2]William Hill[/SIZE]
  2. slick

slick Administrator

3. suirthing

suirthing Member

Slick, I at first thought it must be some pub in Stockport as no City fans would have the balls to put something like that up any other place, then looking at it closer I could see it was just a paintshop job. I googled images 'The Charlestown' to see what type of shithole it was......first image that popped up was the Landlord, .....yep certainly by the state of him it looks a real classy part of town!
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Newcastle at 6/4 look a decent bet although I've shit out and backed them at about 10/11 on Asian (0) so draw gets money back.

Liverpool at around Evens ??? no fecking way. They may win but i'll be on Norwich ....sorry Punter
  5. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

i have a sneaking feeling for QPR, which would really drop Villa in the shit :unsure Chelseas mind is understandably elsewhere even though this has grudge written all over it, & if it kicks off then nobodys more used to playing with 10 than QPR....
  6. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Considering Villa are absolute shit that seems a generous price on the Baggies. Only thing stopping me is I never back my own team. But its just too tempting..

And with all the pressure off them now I think Wolves could get something at Swansea. Worth checking the Asian as I don't think Swans will be up for it..
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

8. slick

slick Administrator

I'm sorry to say I can only agree with you about Villa m8, it's going to be a long afternoon for most Villa fans I reckon and as you mention thats not a bad price for the Baggies.

You're right about Liverpool Keggers, at that price I would lay them all day long.
    I first thought of backing Norwich as they have been shit hot at home for most of the season but of late they have took their foot off the gas and the 6-1 drubbing we gave them made me think again, in that laying Liverpool could be the wiser bet.

Everton look a half decent price too, they still seem up for a fight and are looking to finish the season on a high, same too I suppose could also be said of Fulham but I have a feeling home advantage will give Everton a slight advantage here in what looks like a tight game.

I wouldn't back against Arsenal but they look too short considering Stoke usually lift thier game against the better sides at the Brittania and If my memory serves me right I don't think any of the top teams have won there this season, Arteta will be a big for Arsenal and with RVP not firing on all cylinders lately; at odds on I would seriously consider laying the Gunners.

Swansea are short but look nailed on, In fact I thought they would have been a lot shorter tell the truth considering Wolves have allready been relegated, some may say that now the pressure is off they might play with more confidence but the reality is Wolves are a very poor side and with points meaning prizes a win here for Swansea could nudge them up a couple of places.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

I dont blame you Kegs :thumb

I've nothing to offer here this weekend, i did ponder a bet, Bolton getting something at Sunderland but left that.
    I'll probably have a look at something for Monday nights game closer the time though.
  10. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Viewed through paranoid claret and blue eyes Blackburn, Bolton and QPR all look a good price for wins. Easiest way to ensure it doesn't happen is to lump them in with WBA for a fourfold as we all know accies never win :wasnme
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Can't really blame you there Punt, all the fixtures this weekend look a bit of a lottery.

I'm just eyeing up what game to watch tomorrow afternoon and I reckon Wigan v Newcastle looks the pick of the bunch, was also eyeing up a bet to give me more Interest in the match but it's impossible as Wigan have we have seen lately can up their game when they play anybody half decent and Newcastle on their day will give anybody a game, supopose if I had to pick a result I'd opt for the draw as thats what I foresaw as soon as i saw the fixture but who likes betting on draws?

With Wigan being at home I might just have a cheeky couple of quid on both teams to score.
  12. Radoslav

Radoslav Active Member

Everton Home win for me ...The stats tells you everything about this game and why im on Everton today !
    P.S.: I play this game every season for 3 years so far ...
  13. bettingtipository

bettingtipository New Member

Betting Tip / Prediction: Asian Handicap Manchester United +1/4

[​IMG]

Date: April 30, 2012 / Venue: Etihad Stadium
    Table: Manchester City (2nd) / Manchester United (1st)
    Last 5 games: Manchester City DLWWW / Manchester United WWLWD

Betting Tip Analysis

The biggest game this season that very well could decide who will be crowned English champions. City trails United by 3 points with a superior goal difference. It's a must win game for City if they are to leapfrog United and stay on top of the table. City also beat United earlier this season with a 6-1 thumping at Old Trafford, but previous encounters should count for nothing in this highly charged game. As mentioned, City must beat United today and so they will attack. United, on the other hand, knows they cannot afford to lose this game. City's superior goal difference of 6 is hard to overturn especially with Aguero and Tevez in fine form. United's defense looks suspect recently, as they showed against Everton. In my view, City has been playing really well under Mancini this season, but United's experience will see them through this game. Possibly an open game with plenty of goals.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Not long to go now and I'm :cold

I don't think experience will come into this one bettingsuppository , It'll come down to who has the bigger balls and wants it most.
    I have a feeling City will do well tonight truth be told, I'm more worried about the Newcastle game next weekend and thats not trying to sound big headed as I know United are more than capable of cheating their way to a win tonight.

Looking at United defence recently I'm quietly confident Aguero and Tevez can run them ragged and if de Jong plays and Yaya gets a forward role then Evans and Ferdinhand will be in for a busy night.

You can never rule out those red bastards though epsecially if Valencia or whoever plays on the left flank, probably Nani; get enough of the ball as United are shit hot at creating chances from the flanks.
    It will be Interesting really to see how the two styles match up, i.e City playing down the middle and United playing out wide.

Mancinis biggest headache will be who to play at right back now Richards is fit again as Zableta has'nt put a foot wrong in his absence, Richards will give City more by pushing forward but that could leave a huge hole at the back which United could punish with Nani or Giggs or does he go for the more defensive Zableta.
    I'd be tempted to go with Zab as City need to cut out as many United crosses as possible.
  15. suirthing

suirthing Member

Course & Distance for me, United have played many many games like this title after title, its City that will feel the pressure the most. City's last big game was in 1998 when they were in a relegation dogfight in Div 2, but they lost that one, dropped down to the 3rd Div and ended up playing the like of Wycombe Wanderers the following season :)
    United have been caught napping a few times this season, typical examples are Basel in the Champions League & Everton in the last game. With the winning post in sight they will not fuck up now, they have a big advantage being 3 points ahead, the pressure is on City, a draw will do United and a draw it will be IMO.
    Draw or United 13/20 Bet 365
  16. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

2 things,
    1) Id much rather be on BetVics 8/15 Utd to win prem than that bet

2) lets try and get this clear suirthing,yeah,sure,city will be under pressure,blah,blah,blah,havnt won league in 44 years,blah,blah,utd have tons of experience,blah,blah,blah.....my point/question is this,

dont you think that when the odds compilers came up with their original price,ie utd 1/2 to win the league,they,being experts,took this into consideration as they would have when pricing up the game itself?

or,if not,do you think that the betting market in general has somehow failed to work out that,um,city may be under the greater pressure?
  17. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

what would the prices be if it was Utd who hadnt won the league for 40 years?
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol
  19. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I think United need to score twice to be in the game, although i'm certainly not saying they wont
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

So you're saying that City are going to score twice? The overs are odds on, some as low as 4/6. I don't see it as being an open game. I suppose the logic is that City have to go for it at some stage and it one team gets ahead then the other has to go all out at some point. I think we could be in for 60 minutes of shite followed by 30 minutes of excitement.

Draw at half time is 6/5 (13/10 with bet365) and I'm on it.