1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Estonia

Discussion in 'Eurovision 2012 Betting' started by Gavster, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Estonia predictably sent Ott Lepland to Eurovision with the song Kuula.

It’s certainly one of the better emotional songs so far this year. There is real emotion on display here, which gives the song and performance integrity. It should claw its way past qualification, but when the finals night arrives, I can see this fading and merely making up the numbers.

To stand any chance of a decent finish, the melody needs more impact added before they reach Baku. Perhaps a cellist on stage with a few more backing singers?

Also, is he really playing that piano?
  2. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

It says on Wiki he's been playing the piano for ten years,so the standard required for this song which is no more than ABRSM Grade 3 shouldn't tax him too much on the night. This is a better arrangement than the first video I saw where he was purely singing,and I like the lady accompanist,but you're right,it needs a cello or a violin on stage to sustain maximum impact.
  3. Rob44

Rob44 Member

not liking this one. dull as dishwater imho. it needs more production, more instruments, more scantily clad female dancers, more everything. could qualify with a good draw, but bottom half in the final at best.
  4. Steve_uk

Yours is the dominant opinion this year but I disagree. Its charm lies in its subtlety,there's one backing singer only who is not in competition with the melody..do you really want Josh Dubovie's Harpies flying around the stage..it does remind me a little of "Feelings" at times,but it's a welcome break from run-of-the-mill.
  5. Steve_uk

You have your wish here,maybe a subtle blend so as not to overkill..
  6. Steve_uk

The piano has gone! I'm not saying he doesn't have the gravitas to stand as a solo performer but I liked the rotating camera angle and his role as pianist made the entry stand out.