1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Skybet Championship playoffs May 2014

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, May 5, 2014.

1. slick

slick Administrator

English Championship
    08 May 2014

Kick Off Match Home Draw Away
    19:45 Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County 6/4 23/10 15/8 more bets
    09 May 2014
    19:45 Wigan Athletic v Queens Park Rangers 6/5 11/5 11/5

Odds Betfred
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Anybody watching the QPR game? it's a belter.
    Congrats too ODM on Derby making the final.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

OH dear, ffs Wigan.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Cheers mate. I can't remember the last time they actually played football. It's great to watch.

Yes I'm watching the QPR game and I've got a shed load of dosh on QPR to get promoted v losing a load if it's Derby so a QPR Derby final would be great for me. The only downside is that Derby get ten thousand less tickets for Wembley if it's them and not Wigan. The way they're playing, they wouldn't be frightened of either of them but you know what football's like
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

If it's Wigan you'll have about 75% of the ground available for Derby, won't you? Even Gills fans outnumbered them about 4 to 1 when we played them in the playoffs (although I'll concede Wigan may have gone on to slightly better things since then, and this is a higher level than when we played them, so they may have attracted a few more fans since).
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I don't know what the corporate/neutral allocation is but Derby get either 37 thousand or 47 thousand depending on who gets through tonight
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one. You going ODM? How's Andre Wisdom played this season? He came across as being thick as shit at Liverpool but with great potential to make it as a top footballer? Good luck in the final :thumb
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Fingers crossed I'll be going mate. Been the last two times, one good day and one bad day.

Wisdom has been absolute class at this level. Fans are hoping they can keep him but he's one of many that they've got on loan from Premiership clubs and who the fans have no idea whether or not they'll be there next season. I wouldn't have thought they could afford to buy all of them unless they spend the parachute payment in advance if you know what I mean.

The talk has always been that Wisdom was only loaned to Derby in an understanding that Liverpool would get the first option on Will Hughes. To be honest, despite his goal yesterday, Hughes hasn't been great this season.

I think Liverpool will want Wisdom back next season but they have got almost as much out of the loan deal as Derby have. I watched him play right back for Liverpool a few times and he dropped some almighty bollocks. I know he's playing at a lower level put his positional sense and his confidence now are absolutely excellent. Never panics on the ball and always looks to play football. I'm sure Rodgers will want him back. The only thing that baffles me is that all the talk when he was at Liverpool was that his proper position was at central defence and that he had to but used at rightback because they were in the shit (Enrique was out for a while and Johnston had to switch to leftback - Kelly was injured long term and I think Flanagan must have been as well).

Anyway, he's proved me wrong and he's looking a class act nowadays
    Punter likes this.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Fcuk that was close.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

What a finish that was lol, I was hoping Wigan would do it cause they're a local side etc etc but I suppose if you don't take the advantage in a home leg that's what happens.

Good luck in the Final ODM, now Wigan's out I'll be shouting for you.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Cheers Slick. I've been saying all along that QPR will be the ones to go up. Not that they deserve it pound for pound but Harry is just that kind of spawny twat. Time will tell.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

English Championship Playoff Final
    24 May 2014

Kick Off Match Home Draw Away
    15:00 Derby County v Queens Park Rangers 7/5 11/5 9/5

Odds Betfred