1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Super League Play - Offs

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by SAMOAN, Sep 14, 2012.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Begin tonight with Wigan v Catalans. Home advantage should be enough or the Warriors, but the French side are tough up front and did win last Year at the DW. Wigan are missing the suspended McIlorum, whilst the Dragons are likely to be without Leon Pryce. For Catalans to win, I feel they need a big start so going with MILLARD ( 16's ) and FAKIR ( 40's ) for the first tryscorer.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Shite I forgot about tonights match.
    I didn't even get to look at the handicap, I imagine the Catalans will give Wigan a good run for their money in what could turn out to be a tight game.
    One's thing for sure is that Wigan have gone off the boil lately and if they don't win this game I think they will struggle to reach the final.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

16-0 to Wigan with half hr gone, maybe it won't be as tight as I imagined lol
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Double Header tonight with WARRINGTON v SAINTS and LEEDS v WAKEFIELD. Logic says that both the home teams will win, but you can never write St Helens off and Wakey are in great form.
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

SAINTS win and get a Week off. LEEDS won comfortably in the end, but WAKEY will be ruing missed opportunities. The Rhino's win, now means that they visit CATALANS, with the loser eliminated.

HULL FC and HUDDERSFIELD face off tonight, with the winner advancing to face WARRINGTON (Wire get a 2nd chance in this play - off format as a reward for finishing 2nd in the league table ) and the losers going home.
  6. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Leeds win ( where are you Yorkie ), so Catalans are eliminated. 2nd eliminator tonight with Warrington hosting Hull FC. Don't know who pays who next week as one of Wigan's rewards for finishing top is that they get to pick their Semi Final opponents in the innovative " Clubcall "
  7. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

:thumb We will play Wigan unless Warrington go out tonight then we will play St Helens. I would actually prefer to play Wigan though and hopefully it will end up being St Helens Vs Leeds again for the 5th time in 6 years. I actually said to people at work before the play offs started if you can find a way to bet on the final make a Leeds St Helens one. Not sure what to think, i guess Mcguire will miss next week after his punch last night. Whoever we get we cant make the same mistakes as what we did last night and give away so many cheap penaltys
  8. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

One of the Wigan forum's ( Cherry and White ) makes interesting reading. 17 pages on last night's came and the McGuire incident, with very little complimentary said about Leeds. I always knew there was a bit of a rivalry, but so many comments on an opposing team's game surprised me
  9. Yorkieacer

And we all know why there jealous because they cant win the grand final they hate it deep down that we keep winning it. When i went to the Challenge Cup Final on the saturday evening back at the hotel about 4am in came two Wigan fans giving it the all large as Leeds lost, all we said back was at least we get the job done in the grand final and you guys hate it. they kicked off big time complaining that there always robbed, And then i brought up the way we tore them apart in the cup semi's it seems that until wigan actually win a grand final against us there going to keep simmering away. So i hope we get them next week and beat them again
  10. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Warrington through, so Wigan will have to choose between them and Leeds. I expect Wigan to pick Leeds, therefore sending Warrington over to St. Helens. Wigan's announcement will be live on Sky Sports News at 12:30pm tomorrow ( Sunday )
  11. Yorkieacer

Yep like i said its going to be us they pick which means a friday night match again. All sets up potentially once again for Leeds- St Helens final oh id love to absoultely smash Wigan next week
  12. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Semi - Finals begin tonight with WIGAN v LEEDS. The Warriors will start of favourites, but this is Leeds time of Year and you can never right them off. Not getting heavily involved, but going with the following tryscorer bets -

FIRST TRYSCORER

KALLUM WATKINS ( Leeds ) 12/1
    GARETH HOCK ( Wigan ) 16/1

LAST TRYSCORER -

KYLIE LEULUAI ( Leeds ) 40/1

ANYTIME SCORER

DARYL GRIFFIN ( Leeds ) 6/1
  13. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Might just have got a bit closer with the news that Wigan's Sam Tomkins is out injured
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Aye and it shown in the first half Samoan, Wigan have come out flying after the break, looks like they have had a rollicking.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

What a fantastic game RL is, cracking match and Leeds thoroughly deserved the win, they were short changed with a few decisions so Wigan cannot complain about the Penalty they maybe/should have got late on, Silverwood seems to be dropping quite a few bollocks this year.
    Hopefully tomorrows game between Warrington all and Saints will be just as exciting allthough I expect a repeat of the Challenge cup final for the playoff final with Warrington and Leeds battling it out for the Championship.
    If that happens lets hope Leeds turn up this time so it's doesn't end up another damp squib.
  16. Yorkieacer

Get in what a win we keep coming alive in september, I want st helens though
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Will Mcquire be back for the final Yorkie? for your sake I hope so as you will need your best players to get past either Warrington or Saints, saying that I thought the same thing tonight.
    Allthough had Tomkins been playing Wigan would have probably gone through tonight as he wouldn't have dropped a bollock like that at the end.
    But like I said Leed were brilliant tonight and over the full 90 mins were the better team by far, they didn't let up and consistantly pressed Wigan back, they certainly had the bit between thier teeth.

Should you end up playing Saints and play like you did tonight then you stand every chance of winning the final.
  18. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Cracking game and IMO a well deserved win for Leeds. Silverwood may have given the late penalty and then denied Wigan one, but I think Leeds' penalty was their first in 40 odd Minutes and before that there was 2 Leeds knock on's which were wrongly called and a blatant Wigan knock on was also missed. I also thought the Leeds no try should actually have been a Leeds penalty as Carmont seemed to make contact with Burrow's head.
  19. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

In the excitement I nearly forgot the first tryscorer which was a nice 12/1 winner in Kallum Watkins.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Great shout Samoan, in all the excitement it passed me by, well done and I hope you had a few bob on it.

As I have allready mentioned I have noticed Silverwood making quite a few mistakes this year, I just hope he's not becoming complacement now he's been at the top of his game for the last couple of years as when he used to concentrate he was a cracking ref, the two Leeds knock on's were blatant errors with one of them ending in a Wigan try.
    As for the Burrows no try, Carmont looked like he was going in with his knee to the head but I couldn't make out whether it connected or not and Burrow didn't complain or look hurt so I'm presuming it didn't connect, it looked highly dangerous though.
    Burrow's was brilliant again tonight, for a wee man he plays like a giant.