1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Welsh premier play-offs 12th May

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by traeth, May 9, 2012.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

these odds from bluesq

14:30 Bala Town v Prestatyn 1.61 3.40 5.00
    14:30 Llanelli v Aberystwyth 1.40 3.75 7.50

these play-offs , one leg ,are for a spot in the Europa league
    4. Llanelli
    5. Bala Town
    6. Prestatyn
    8. Aberystwyth , beat Airbus{7th} last week
  2. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

I'm going to take Bala Town, currently they are a best priced 1.67. From what I've seen they're considerably better than Prestatyn. I've even seen people tipping them to be a possible top three side next year as they intend to spend a considerable amount of money this summer. The players will be playing to keep their spot as well as to get into Europe, which if they are successful will boost their chances of success due to the prize and TV money, and the fact they will be able to attract better players. Prestatyn lost every game in the 2nd half of the season. They will be up for this one after their last ten league fixtures have all been basically meaningless, but I still think Bala will be too good for them, particularly at home. Bala beat them home and away in the 2nd half of the season. I was expecting 1.5 for the home win which I still may have taken, so am definitely going to take this.

Your thoughts, Mr Traeth?
  3. traeth

traeth Moderator

hi pg,
    I'm in agreement with you here.
    Bala are an ambitious side , they were difficult to beat at home in the first half of the season. They did not do so well in the second stage of the season .
    Prestatyn were atrocious in the second stage , they had a few "injuries" and tried out a few youngsters who were cheaper than the experienced players.
    It 's been a few weeks since the end of the season and for these semi-pros the break is not always beneficial. Bala Town appear to be taking these play-offs seriously.I'm awaiting what the bookies will offer on the asian handicap before I place my bet. If they offer Bala Town -1 A.H. @ more than evens I'll be taking that.
    I'm of a similar mind with regard to Llanelli , I think that Aber are over-rated , Aber's win at Airbus on Monday was against a side that had a few disillusioned players.

edit I forgot to add home advantage is a big plus as Prestatyn have been poor travellers over the last few years
    pg_yid likes this.
  4. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Agree

Bala Town to beat Prestatyn @ 1.62 [Sportingbet]
  5. traeth

traeth Moderator

my bets for today are
    Bala Town -1 a.h. @ 2.0 with bet365
    Llanelli -1 a.h. @ 1.7 with bet365 this one I have gone with my max bet

this news about Bala Town v Prestatyn
    Bala Town have key midfielder Mark Jones and frontman Ross Jefferies unavailable through suspension.

Prestatyn's player-manager Neil Gibson quote"A lot of players who have not been 100% fit or playing with injuries have benefited from more recovery time and are raring to go. Lads like Michael Parker and Gareth Wilson have been nursing knocks, but are desperate to be involved."
    Prestatyn will be without the suspended Martyn Beattie and Rhys Owen, while Ross Hannen and Jon Fisher-Cooke are unavailable.
  6. traeth

traeth Moderator

a poor day for me , today's results

Llanelli 1 - 0 Aberystwyth (0 - 0) after extra time , so a big loss on this match , Aber were down to 10 men after 6 minutes
    Bala Town 2 - 1 Prestatyn and a push on this one

The Europa Cup play-off final will be Llanelli v Bala Town next Saturday
  7. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Won 2-1clap