1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ANTE-POST WORLD CUP BETS 2022

Discussion in 'International Football Betting' started by Punter, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

And there could be a few more firsts along the way.

A South African team to win it for the first time?

It's like a World Cup that nobody really wants. Maybe some players included? It's definitely different to previous World Cups. I've not seen as much enthusiasm as usual from European players wanting to get there. I just get the feeling that anything can happen.

I've been looking for an outsider to go on a bit of a run and i've had a few small bets on Senegal to have a decent tournament. Maybe they can push on from their African Cup of Nations success.
    They should have a great belief in themselves. They seem a together group and should be able to handle conditions. They are my outsiders.

There are some better prices about but i've had small bets on these...

Eliminated in the QF @ 7/1
    Eliminated in the SF @ 20/1
    Runner Up @ 60/1
    Winner @ 100/1
    Golden Boot Winner - Mane @ 80/1
    fcbasher and slick like this.
  2. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Mane got injured last week but is still in the squad so it might be ok
    Punter likes this.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yeah, not looking good for top scorer now but maybe not bad from Senegal's point of view. If they can pick up points in their opening two games without him, they'll have a rested and ready Mane. Maybe that's the plan. I'm not fully convinced he's that injured but that would be a risky game to play. Still, seven possible games in the heat in a relatively short period of time, it's probably a good move.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

My last ante post bet, very small stakes again.
    After backing Mane i guess i'm just going for another player i want to see do well, Darwin Nunez.
    Obviously it's a Liverpool thing more than a solid case for a bet.
    But, after being labelled a flop earlier in the season, he's been getting better and better of late.
    If he can take his current form to the world cup, he's going to score a few. Uruguay could benefit from his goals...

Eliminated in the QF @ 4/1
    Eliminated in the SF @ 11/1
    Runner Up @ 40/1
    Winner @ 50/1
    Golden Boot Winner - Nunez @ 50/1
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

I lied.

I've convinced my better half to open a Unibet account for me. She's mad for Darwin Nunez too.
    We spotted this one and we're all over it...

Boosted Odds: Darwin Nunez to score over 1.5 goals in the Tournament @ 6/4
    slick likes this.
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Mane out of tournament

I've got Poland and Uruguay in a couple of sweeps but think I'll be boring and bet Brazil
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

I gave him a proper kiss of death didn't i. 24 hrs after backing him he gets injured. Can't see Senegal doing as well now.

Good luck Kegs, i got USA and Costa Rica... another £2 gone instantly lol
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I'm struggling to get up for this tourney when I usually love the WC, maybe things will change once it gets going.
    I've just had a cheeky fiver on Ronaldo @ 21's as top goal scorer now he's put himself in the shop window wanting to leave United , maybe I should have gone E/W @ those odds.
    Punter likes this.